Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 09:33 PM       
So you're aware you're an asshole. It's not a cure, but it's a start.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 07:15 PM       
I'm a Qabalist.
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 09:54 PM       
No, you're an idiot in an intellectual costume. Go away.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 10:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
I'm a Qabalist.
The Hell you are. I suppose that you bought one of those red string bracelets and now you think that you're some deep mystic. Stop co-opting our traditions.
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 09:00 AM       
OMG, Kevin Locked My Thread!!!

And on the overly nasty rule too! If that rule was enforced, we'd never have had Vinth! THINK ABOUT THAT KEVIN!!

Okay, I'm officially moving my discussion of what a HUGE dick Abcdxxxx is to this thread, because it's somehwta on topic in that Abcdgdsfjsdf overlooks the central role of humor in Judaism, AND he thinks he's more sympatico with Jewocity than I am AND it's completely out of keeping with circumscision that he is such a HUGE dick.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 10:21 AM       
If you guys really want to attack each other on a personal/religious level, I'd prefer you take it to Mock Wars or General Blabber.

Vince was funny. This isn't funny. But if you must, and you can keep it to this thread, than ok. I don't care.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM       
No interest here. Burbank's pretty desperate to act out his father's joke in real life though. i-s-s-u-e-s.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 06:13 PM       
"You have taken my oldest living Mocker Crown!!"

Not to bring this back to the first page but who's the oldest dead mocker?
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 09:11 AM       
I don't know of any dead Mockers. You'll have to ask RoG.

Kevin, you are officially a poopyhead. Infinite power may corrupt infinitely, but teensy weensy bits of power corrupt surprsingly well. I find Abcddxxx pokeable. I must, as ever, follow my muse.

Abcddxxx, I got your issues right here. I think you are an arrogant, self important, egotistical prick. That, sir, is my i-s-s-u-e.

I assign you "Portnoy's Complaint". If you're read it within the last decade, I'll allow any opinion you may have, although if it disagrees with mine, it almost certainly means you missunderstood the book. If you have not read it, I am De Facto correct that you are a Dick, and "Bad For The Jews".
Mocker
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 01:55 PM       
What's wrong with me being a qabalist? It's the hermetic variety anyway, not the judaic.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 02:32 PM       
Oh, Oh, Oh, the HERMETIC version, Oh, see, now, I thought you were just dropping in to once more be a self involved bag of shit.

My mistake.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM       
I've studied hermetics andqabalah, but didn't know there was a hermetic school of qabalism. You're probably talking about the hermetic orderof the golden dawn or some other occultist organization which incorporates it among other things. Have you read 777? What do you know about the QBL?
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM       
OH GOOD LORD, DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!? QUICK, TAKE A DEEP BREATH, HERE COMES A TIDAL WAVE OF CRAP!
BANNED

Old Sep 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM       
lol

I regret nothing?
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 04:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Oh, Oh, Oh, the HERMETIC version, Oh, see, now, I thought you were just dropping in to once more be a self involved bag of shit.

My mistake.
lol this thread is awesome now
Mocker
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 07:16 PM       
It's not really a hermetic "school" of qabalism, it's just that hermeticists adapted it to their purposes. There's also a Christian qaballah.

I haven't read Crowley - he's not really my type of ceremonialist. I work on a modified GD system.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM       
Wow. You need to get out more.
BANNED

Old Sep 14th, 2006, 08:47 PM       
What kind of modified GD?
do you read Austin Osman Spare?

You should read 777, it's just a table of correspondences comparing various religions/sciences with eachother, over the sephera. SO krshna or buddha or christ would all be the BEAUTIFUL sephera. It does the same for the pathways etc.
http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/libers/liber777.pdf

His books on yoga were also pretty good.

Well if you're a hermetic have you studied Hermes trismigestus? I think i remember sharing alink with you on the subject, the corpus hermeticum? what did you think?
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 09:22 AM       
I don't generally like emoticons, but do we have one for despair?
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 09:58 AM       
Yes

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 10:05 AM       
Against what that guy with the theology degree said or whatever, The Septuagint was regarded as the truest representation of the Torah back in the day because the Jerusalem Hebrew Torah wasn't standardized until about 300 years after the Septuagint. Augustine commented that there was a certain idealogical appeal to reading the Torah in Hebrew, but he was an even bigger supporter of the Septuagint because of the amazing level of confluence among its eponymous 70 translators (Septuagint means "of the seventy", hence it being abbreviated LXX often). Plus, the removal of the deuterocanon in the Hebrew Scriptures was seen as a dick political move made in the late First Century to advocate the idea that nothing divine can come from outside of Israel.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 01:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
What kind of modified GD?
I can't undergo lodge ceremonies, so I work off of a system that replaces them with the gradual building of the Sephiroth in the aura. Basically, it's just using the Middle Pillar throughout the grades but changing the correspondences as appropriate.

Quote:
do you read Austin Osman Spare?
No, though I'm familiar with chaos magic.

Quote:
You should read 777, it's just a table of correspondences comparing various religions/sciences with eachother, over the sephera. SO krshna or buddha or christ would all be the BEAUTIFUL sephera. It does the same for the pathways etc.
http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/libers/liber777.pdf
Dion Fortune had some quibbles over the correspondences, and I tend to favor her more. The Mystical Qabalah was an excellent read, clarified quite a bit.

Quote:
Well if you're a hermetic have you studied Hermes trismigestus? I think i remember sharing alink with you on the subject, the corpus hermeticum? what did you think?
I don't know if I'd call myself a hermeticist, but the rites I perform are of a hermetic origin. Eventually I'd like to read the Corpus Hermeticum, but I have too little time right now.

I have, however, read the Kybalion.

Actually, I'm considering opting out of the GD system for a time to pathwork the Tree of Life. It's just a more accessible approach at this point in my life, though I think I can manage either way I decide.
BANNED

Old Sep 15th, 2006, 01:27 PM       
What's the differences between the Septuagint and modern translations, Sethomas? Besides the obvious, of course ;(

also another thread reminded me OAO aren't you an alchemist as well? What do you think of Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus von Hohenheim? It seems like he'd be right up your alley with being a hermetic alchemist and all...
Mocker
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM       
I'm not a grand occultist who has studied in incredible depth. I'm only an alchemist in the sense that I seek to transmute myself from lead to gold, the essential goal of the outer order of GD.

Also note my edit.
BANNED

Old Sep 15th, 2006, 02:04 PM       
I've read most of Dion Fortune i like her books. I don't see how you can avoid crowley though. At the very least make it your best to read the following two things. In this order:

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib3.html
Read part one out of lib4
http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/aba/aba1.html

Quote:
Book Four

by Frater Perdurabo and Soror Virakam

PART I

MEDITATION
THE WAY OF ATTAINMENT OF GENIUS OR GODHEAD CONSIDERED AS A DEVELOPMENT OF THE HUMAN BRAIN Issued by order of
the GREAT WHITE
BROTHERHOOD
known as the A.'.A.'.

Witness our Seal,
N.'.'
Praemonstrator-General
They are pretty much about the same thingbut they are considered fundemental aspects of mysticism. Only the first one is in typical crowleyian language, but it should be easy to decipher. The second one is more of a scholarly account of mysticism. If you read that you will probably know more about mysticism and yoga than most people who do yoga the exercise. You'll find out in the second read when it talks about asana which is only step 4 out of 8 to become a yogi.

I don't know I feel like we should have an entirely seperate thread I didn't really mean to shit on max's parade or anything i like parades.