Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2005, 04:44 PM        Red Cherry
This movie was weird...

It's about a boy and a girl who come to study in russia in 1940 to escape the revolution in china. The war begins and the girl is kidnapped by the gerries and the boy wants to fight but gets stuck delivering death letters of soldiers to their families. The girl has a giant eagle perched on a swastika tattooed on her back by this pervy nazi general/self proclaimed doctor and artist so she'll "carry the mark of the third reich and his soul" as she grows or something. I think it was at least based on a true story because they act like it really happened at the end of the movie. It's a pretty graphic movie and it was also fairly good but overall left me wanting a little more.

The best part is when the kids and their teacher are holed up with a few german guards in an old church, and the teacher is discussing a poem with the students. The kraut comes in, shoots the teacher (who refused to stop teaching, she was pretty badass) in the head with his luger, turns with a sadistic smile to the stunned children (the entire movie is in russian and german) and motions like playing basketball and says "Go play! You're free now! Go outside and play!"

Has anyone seen it? What did you think?

edit: also just found out that it's "the first film permitted by the Chinese censors to depict graphic violence and nudity"

the chinese

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist