Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:33 PM        SNK VS Capcom : Chaos
I just beat it with Ryo.

...Are all the endings this fucking lame?

It said that he disappeared forever and some people thought it was because of alien abductions or something and I spent this long trying to master a rather generic character for a fucking ending like that.

Fuck this, I'm going Hugo.
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:42 PM       
You got a bad ending, to get the good ending you have to fight athena in heaven after Serious Mr. Karate.
...for breakfast?!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM       
How in the hell do I do that? :/

Is it because I used Service? (Fuck that, I need Akuma and my clone at 1/3 health )
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:47 PM       
possibly, i goth both endings with P'oed Iori. The time i got the bad enging I lost to him once.
...for breakfast?!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:51 PM       
So what you're saying is I have to beat everyone without ever using Service, including Akuma and my own clone.

Fuck that I'm not playing anymore
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:53 PM       
It's a shitty game anyway. Zero's graphic looks hideous
...for breakfast?!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:57 PM       
But the freaking depth is amazing.

The fact that any two given characters have something completely unique to say to each other is an accomplishment enough. I'm also actually interested in some of the backstories--like why Ken has a Violent Ken counterpart and why Iori has a pissed off version and why there's a fucking alien in the game.

Maybe SNK just did that to fuck with me though.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 04:09 PM       
The alien is from Metal slug
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:22 PM       
Ken and Ryu both learned their Hadou styles of Karate from their master whose name i've forgotten, and the art of Hadou has dark and light sides. Ryu and Ken use different aspects of the light side (Ryu uses the Tornado Kick, Ken uses the Dragon Punch) and Akuma uses the dark side, which contains powers exclusive to him and that are far greater than that of Ryu and Ken's. It's called the Dark Hadou. The Evil Ryu/ Evil Ken characters are their respective players when they've succumbed (temporarily) to the overwhelming force of the Dark Hadou. Ryu's struggle with it is covered in depth in the Street Fighter Alpha anime.

"Pissed off Iori" is called Orochi Iori. the story goes like this:

There once was an 8-headed dragon named Orochi. He was evil (as most dragons in Japan are) so three clans of wizards combined their powers to seal him away. The first clan was the one of which Kyo is a descendant, and the second clan were the ancestors of the Yagamis. The third clan, the Yatas, were halted when the leader of the Yagami clan wanted more power than the Kusanagis had gained from Orochi. He killed the high priestess and only known heir of the Yata line, and made a blood pact with Orochi for his power. The consequences of his greed are that he and his direct offspring would suffer a rash of psychosis and insanity in the family line, their Orochi flames would be turned purple, and everyone directly descended from him would die young. Orochi Iori is what happens when Goenitz causes the Riot of the Blood, which is the ritual that fully awakens Orochi blood for a period of time. the blood physically tries to escape from the body. He also causes this in Leona , because he is one of the Kings of Orochi, of which there are four. The other three are Yashiro, Shermie, and Chris, all of whom have immeasurable strengths when awoken. Orochi himself is actually playable in KOF '97. Chris is the body that Orochi chooses to act as his host whe he returns at the end of the game. I do believe someone has made Riot of the Blood versions of Goenitz, Shermie, Chris, Yashiro, and Kyo available on Mugen, too :o. Saisyu is Kyo's dad, and Chizuru is his mother, i believe. In KOF 2K3 the final boss is a hulking man with ebony skin who fights you in a cavern with an eight-headed dragon glowing in the background, which ties him to Orochi. Next game we (hopefully) find out what the link is. :3

The alien is from Metal Slug 2. They're all over the final stage.

Mr. Karate is Takuma in disguise. He dons this outfit to try to trick Yuri, Robert, and Ryo into fighting him for some weird reason. I never looked into it. You would have to fight Serious Mr. Karate after you fought Mr. Karate (i forgot which KOF) and won, i think. But don't trust me on that one.

Geese is the final boss of the Fatal Fury games. He runs all of Southtown, and killed Terry and Andy's father. So naturally, they hate his guts.

Athena is the living incarnation of the greek goddess, hence her costume. Athena tries to still do normal girl things, though. Only recently has she begun to accept that she is who she is.

Edited for spelling and a KOF '97 reference.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:35 PM       
That is so deep.

Still, though, Serious Mr. Karate is a damn good name.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Ken and Ryu both learned their Hadou styles of Karate from their master whose name i've forgotten,.
Isn't his name Gakouen or something like that.