Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:42 PM        Matrix Online Beta Signups
Beta signups are up at http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/web/index.jsp Just in case someone is remotely interested in this online rpg.

Could be cool, might totally suck.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim

8ullfrog is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM        My money is on TOTALLY SUCK
think about it. it's a game based on a movie. Enter the matrix was ok, but consider another problem, Matrix online is slated to be an RPG. RPG's should all be set in the past with swords and shit, not machine guns. thats edging in on FPS action.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2004, 03:53 PM        Re: My money is on TOTALLY SUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ullfrog
think about it. it's a game based on a movie. Enter the matrix was ok, but consider another problem, Matrix online is slated to be an RPG. RPG's should all be set in the past with swords and shit, not machine guns. thats edging in on FPS action.
SHADOWRUN MOTHER FUCKER
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:21 PM       
I agree with 8ullfrog I mean look at SW:Galaxies they integrated guns and swords and it still sucks. Most movie to RPGs suck
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:48 PM       
mmorpgs are stupid its all "play for sixteen hours a day sevne days a week or else your character sucx lol" who would PAY for that seriously

ps fallout and wasteland are good rpgs with guns

and so is crescent hawks inception
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:09 AM       
I reiterate...

SHADOWRUN

its a great RPG with guns and magic. It also has Orcs and dog...things

Oddly enough there is a virtual world in shadowrun called the matrix. Not the same as the movie, but still close enough to be weird.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:39 AM       
which shadowrun the genesis one or the snes one, or are you talking pen and paper
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:56 AM       
SNES all the way

i played the Genesis one, and have been offered to play the pen and paper one and both i turned down.

Genesis one i could never get into, and the pen and paper one looked gay.
OH GOD
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:05 AM       
i heard the genesis one was better but i seem to remember the interface being incredibly awkward and that's a real sticking point for me when it comes to games
OH GOD
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:07 AM       
and fallout/fallout 2 are the two best rpgs, guns or no guns
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:08 AM       
I like the Phantasy Star games
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
mmorpgs are stupid its all "play for sixteen hours a day sevne days a week or else your character sucx lol" who would PAY for that seriously
I know I have a boner for SA. But they had an interesting article today about City of Heroes, where the guy made mention of how quickly MMORPGs go from being a game to being work. Which is sadly an incredibly accurate comment. I'm hoping that Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft aren't like that. It sucks there's no way to really try out games like this. Instead, you have to make that investment of buying the game and being stuck with it.

That said, I do not see a Matrix MMORPG being functional in a fun sense. What exactly can be done with it, really? Sure, you can spit out all your crap like bullet time and improving your Bending Spoons skill, but none of those ideas - to me, at least - sound feasible in a game like this.
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:27 AM       
I agree with James, how could things like Bullet time work. and if they effect the imediate area that would be horrible. Your walking down the street and out of nowhere you get super slowed down?

I really only liked the Hacking aspect of Enter the Matrix, i hope they keep that in.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:47 AM       
I heard a rumor that MMORPG gamers are hideous losers that don't have a real, fulfilling life. Is this true?
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:04 AM       
You just gotta like character development and grouping to get into MMORPGs. They aren't for everyone.

FFXI follows the same MMORPG trend

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
JeefGyle is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:43 PM       
I really liked Ultima Online. It was fun getting with friends and saving up to buy a tower....but then it seemed that once we got the money and bought it, that we all stopped playing.
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:52 PM       
Thats a problem i have with most MMORPG's because they have a lack of story, which is usually the reason i play a RPG in the first place. I think when they make an Online RPG, they should have class battles, have two groups and have them fight each other. That way, they story is developed off of the wars. You could come in as one group and you all have to work together to take over a peice of land that was taken from you in a different battle. It would be a good way to get exp and gold. But the only problem would be that people would become to dependant on the battles.
JeefGyle is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:10 PM       
Not to mention that if one group took over most of the territory, they would become dominant and no other groups would have any fun.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Rocket
I agree with James, how could things like Bullet time work. and if they effect the imediate area that would be horrible. Your walking down the street and out of nowhere you get super slowed down?

I really only liked the Hacking aspect of Enter the Matrix, i hope they keep that in.
I don't think that would be how they would do it. Think about it. Remember from the first movie when Neo saw the Agent dodge his bullets? I think that's what we would see when playing the game rather than slowing everything down. :/
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM       
some guy in my town got stabbed over everquest

A.S.H. is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:08 PM       
A little heads up for anyone thinking the Matrix Online will lack story.

The game is picking up straight from Revolutions. We now have an uneasy peace between man and machines, and we still have people jacked into the system (because they want to be), free men and women pirating in to persuade them otherwise, and all of the exiled A.I.'s most likely vying for dominance in what could only be ascribed as Al Capone style turf warfare.

Now you come in, and you get to pick sides.

What's more, the Wachoski Brothers will be writing storylines and special events for the game, and every yearly quarter or so, will apparently be taking game logs and transferring them into consumable media (that's movies or text).

Apparently every building in the Megacity is explorable (and I bet there's lots of subterranean stuff to ala Enter the Matrix), there's supposed to be a veritable assload of weapons and character customability. I can't wait personally. Just signed up for the Beta.
I'm going to go sacrifice a virgin to solidify my chances.
"Who are these people? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas. And, sweet jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at four thirty on a Sunday morning." - Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
I do not do drugs, I am drugs. - Salvador Dali
DementedElf is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:21 PM       
I signed up, what the hell, it can't suck that bad.