Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 06:27 PM        C&C 3 Demo out
The demo of Tiberium Wars is out. There are download links in the following thread:

http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Comm..._DEMO_RELEASED

Alternativley try these:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_17978.shtml

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...ml?sid=6166433

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3627428/...um_Wars_-_DEMO
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 06:42 PM       
I don't have enough space on my Hard Drive, sadly.

I'll wait for the Xbox-360 version to come out, even though it's controls will probably be a mystery.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 08:00 PM       
I got the Fileplanet demo and when I tried to install it it opened an installer for C&C Generals, then proceeded to crash my comp

Fuck EA and everything that EA is associated with.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 10:31 PM       
I just played the demo for an hour or so and it's not that great. If not for the nice graphics you could just as well be playing a second rate C&C Red alert mod. The graphics and physics aren't even that good, just a few shaders and building-blowing-up animations.

From what I've seen so far, Company of Heroes beats this game in the face on every front.

ADDED:

For example take a typical enemy engagement of CoH; Some german infantry and an APC attempt to capture your position. You move your troops to cover and engage the most threatening target with the correct weaponary - sticky bombs, grenades or standard rifle fire. You could also call up some support in the way of a machine gun or some mortar fire. If you feel you're loseing you can just pull back and reinforce the squad for a counter attack.

Now the C&C3 equivilent - a ton of guys wearning capes waddle up to your base and start shooting your mammoth tank with machine guns. The tank kills them all. Then a ton of rocket buggies turn up, stop, and start shooting at your tank. The tank will probably kill them all too. If not who cares, you have a load more tanks sitting around anyway.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 11:14 PM       
Its C&C, strategy hasn't always been top priority

From what I can tell its generals with fancy graphics and the classic sidebar. CoH beats it in the ass.

Now I'm yearning for a modern version of CoH that would be wicked.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 07:37 AM       
Yeah, but Command & Conquer is Command & Conquer. That's why you play Command & Conquer.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 08:57 AM       
Command & Conquer is a totally different game from CoH. It's a strategy game more about bulk than...well, actually strategy I guess.

I hated Tiberium Wars and won't be seeing this one.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 09:53 AM       
After doing the story mission in the demo I'm sold just because Michael Ironside is the GDI commanding officer. Also it seems like a much more fleshed out story than the last one.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM       
I like how dispite the well known actors doing the cut scenes, the acting is still terrible. :D