Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

JMHX is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:32 PM        How The U.S. Is Undermining the War on Terror
For some time I have questioned the methods that circle our War on Terror. I have wondered whether unilateral action was the best way to go about fighting a global war against a baseless, nationless enemy. After the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, I began to believe that the cost of this War on Terror had begun to finally pay dividends. However, I was wrong. It has only succeeded in shifting the face of the war.

According to Pentagon and intelligence experts, the United States has slashed millions in military aid to African nations, a move they feel is undercutting the War on Terror there and allowing militant Islamic groups to set up substantial bases in the region. The Chinese - trade allies with Iran and other Mideast nations - are now the dominant player in the region.

Similarly, our poor attempts at covert action in attemping to bribe Somali warlords to keep Islamic militants in check has failed miserably. A recent report shows the roots of a new Genocide in Somalia, including the murders of many international journalists. Far from keeping the Islamic militants in check, they have now seized the entire nation of Somalia and continue to run it as an Islamist state under Sharia law. This group is also suspected to be harboring several Islamic terrorists related to Al Qaida and responsible for various African embassy bombings. The threat of a solidly Sharia Somalia cannot be overstated. That it has gotten so little press is inexscusable.

In a frightening new development, the Islamic terrorism formerly limited to northern African nations is now spreading to southern Africa , where terrorist-affiliated groups are gaining power because of falling opposition that depended on aid from the United States. What we see now is not so much a victory in the Middle East as it is a shift in terrorist bases from the Mideast to the African continent.

Similarly, more and more militants are beginning to join the ranks of Al-Qaida in Mesopotamia, the Iraqi branch of Al-Qaida, from African nations. In a recent tape, Osama bin Laden praised militants from Iraq and Somalia for their efforts.

Far from quelling terrorism, the cancer of Islamofascism is now moving into Africa and opening up new fronts that the United States cannot fight alone. What is required is a wholesale reevaluation of our foreign policy regarding terrorism, and an immediate call for international support from the rest of the world towards a concerted effort to root out Islamofascism in Somalia and where it festers in other African nations.