Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 09:11 PM        gas prices up 30% profits up 30% Lawmaker says it dont addup
If I lived in Indiana I'd vote for this guy. Indiana House Democrat Leader B. Patrick Bauer (D-South Bend) today asked Attorney General Steve Carter to investigate the possibility of gas price gouging in Indiana.

He specificly said that his contituents were greatly worried about this and that the profits went up by the same percentage in a year the gas prices went up in that same year seems some what specious if they aren't gouging.

I think we need to ask ALL our senators to do the same for each state. I want to give this guy an award for not caving in to the oil lobbiests.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 12:32 AM       
You are Joe Six-Pack.

You, specifically and generally, are what's wrong with America.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 06:52 AM        Re: gas prices up 30% profits up 30% Lawmaker says it dont a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage the Cowardly Dog
I want to give this guy an award for not caving in to the oil lobbiests.
Trust me, he will.

If I found out about this, I'd threaten the oil lobbyists until I've gotten my share of profits from them.
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 06:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
You are Joe Six-Pack.

what? you don't believe there is gouging going on? The profits are record high, the production has increased, and yet the gas released on the market is far smaller and simply artificalliy driving up demand and therefor price.

Someone needs to deal with it cause it's costing obscene amounts of money. For the record i'd like someone to stand up to prescription drug lobbies so we could import from Canada and have cheap generics too.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 06:55 AM       
Cos that's the america's way you know
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 12:44 PM       
you can get prescriptions from overseas and from canada.
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 12:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
you can get prescriptions from overseas and from canada.
Speak for yourself. Besides importing and generics would make it cheaper for us as a whole.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 02:13 PM       
there's a law that you can order your own prescriptions from overseas, customs won't seize it unless it's more than a three months supply. Of course you can't get some drugs, but I believe you can use doctors prescriptions to get some of the drugs you couldn't get otherwise. I've ordered prescriptions online before, you just have to be careful with where you order(like anything else online).

I agree about the FDA and the medical system in general, though, I was just throwing that idea out there.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM       
Quote:
You are Joe Six-Pack.

Now, I don't generally like Courage, but damn, Preech, talk about the pot calling the kettle black here. You don't think that Gas companies are completely evil entities? Get your head out of your ass.
BANNED

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 03:22 PM       
I don't know about you guys but I don't mind paying out the ass for gas and having to set a few hundred aside a month for it. I like to support our country, and our economy.
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 04:42 PM       
the only problem with that is some of us are to poor to afford that, the government doesn't get the money, and it drains the economy because the refineries are DECREASING jobs and output to drive up the price.

The government gets less money, the public is cost more, and very few executives get to swim in money like scrooge mcduck.
=======

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 04:53 PM       
Yes. That's exactly what's going on.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM       
I'm not saying it's a conspiracey, but I AM saying they need to be regulated more. They are having a banner year in profitability, and the price is still going up. Shouldn't some of that profit go towards improving our refining ability?
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 09:04 PM       
I'm not saying it's a conspiracey, but I AM saying they need to be regulated more. They are having a banner year in profitability, and the price is still going up. Shouldn't some of that profit go towards improving our refining ability?

If that's not what's going on, what is? If the cost of oil was the cause of this their profits would go down. If they wanted to end scarcity they'd make more refineries rather than laying people off when they have plenty of oil to be bought and refined.

A spokesman for King abdullah said they Saudis could ship two million barrels a day to the US but with out the refineries to make it into gas it will do nothing for the price.
=======

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 09:09 PM       
Y'know, maybe I'm being a dick here, but this is pretty fucking easy to figure up. You really should have no problems working this out for yourself.

Start asking the easy questions, like: Since when has more government regulation benefitted the consumer / citizen?!

Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
Y'know, maybe I'm being a dick here, but this is pretty fucking easy to figure up. You really should have no problems working this out for yourself.

Start asking the easy questions, like: Since when has more government regulation benefitted the consumer / citizen?!
Since anti-monopoly laws. Since the attorney general could sue for false advertisement or bad business practices. Since the FDA made Bayer stop selling heroine.

BANNED

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 01:01 AM       
"Y'know, maybe I'm being a dick here, but this is pretty fucking easy to figure up. You really should have no problems working this out for yourself. "

This must be your catch-phrase or something.
=======

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:42 PM       
If so, then feel free to take the credit for that, kahl ol' buddy... I was wondering myself where I got that attitude toward somebody that's pretty new here, and I started thinking that maybe I've just gotten so burned out from my ridiculous discussions with you that now I have no patience for anyone.

...and I used to be so patient with people...

*sigh*

BANNED

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:34 AM       
how comical.