Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 08:21 AM        Could an arabic coalition be the way out of Iraq?
We all know we're int his for the long hall. But the main reason as I percieve for violence in Iraq is American occupation. They are being occupied by a country they hate, whose ideals and stances they hate. Making the Iraqi army strong enough to defend itself is taking forever and the insurgents just get stronger.

What if the troops there fighting insurgents and keeping law and order were simply a coalition is arabic peacekeeping troops? Would their opinion of them improve? Would they be more likely to rally behind a coalition NOT led by America? It could provide a lul just long enought o make the iraqi military strong enough to policw itself.

Maybe i don't understand the situation (I probably don't) but aside from sectarian violence, most of the insurgency seems to be fighting back soley on the basis of that it's america.

Think of it, if we had a murderous psychopath as a leader and iran had to come in and restore order and even occupy us for a while, wouldn't you fight back? But wouldn't you be more apt to allow it and work for it if Iran replaced their occupying force with say Canada and England and people we trust until we can regain sovereignity?
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 04:05 PM       
It's America's job to provide the security wherever in the world freedom is threatened. We are the superpower. We have the military that nobody can even come close to matching. This is not something just anybody can do. The insurgents don't hate us because we're occupying Iraq. They hate us because we are bringing their entire region into this century. They do not want that. They believe it is best for their people to live dirty lives of poverty and servitude, just as they have been.

The religion has always spread like wildfire among dirty and poor slaves the West was ignoring. Those that are shaping the political side of Islam believe wealth and success, and all the material trappings attached to them, are enemies of their system.

As for an Arabic coalition, that's what's causing the fighting. That's who the insurgents ARE. The Arabic coalition is the sect that wishes to keep the Arab world disconnected from modern life. Most Arabs prefer Western-style success and wealth, given a choice. Some may object to our methods or question our motives, but those that are not fighting are plugging into the 21st century.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 06:32 PM       
yes the insurgents are an arabic coalition, but iwas reffering to a coalition of moderate states. I know they'd still fight back but don;t you think they'd fight back a little less? Or is this all Sunni Shiite sectarian what not?
=======

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 08:08 PM       
Your question has two parts. One part is: could your Arabic coalition handle this? That answer is no. America is the only power that possibly could pull this off, assuming the countries involved cannot or won't.

The next part of your question is something along the line of if they could, would it work? That answer is most likely not, but it doesn't matter because of the answer to the first part.

If you are truly interested in America's part in the War on Terror, do as I recommended to Geggy: go get "The Pentagon's New Map," by Thomas PM Barnett. Since you have no money, go find your local library. If they don't have it there, PM me with your address, and I'll have a copy sent to you, but there will be a price. Once you've read the book and completely understand the most important thing to have begun in the last 200 years, you will have to explain it to Geggy.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM       
Either way, the only "way out of Iraq" is for us to finish the job.

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 04:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
but there will be a price. Once you've read the book and completely understand the most important thing to have begun in the last 200 years, you will have to explain it to Geggy.
That's not fair at all. I would just pay up....

I agree with your last post. Once we start looking for "ways out of Iraq," we're prioritizing politics over security and liberty.

Not cool.
=======

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 04:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
I agree with your last post. Once we start looking for "ways out of Iraq," we're prioritizing politics over security and liberty.

Not cool.
Well, I don't know about that "prioritizing" mumbo-jumbo... What I'm saying is that our President says we have to "stay the course," and so by God, that's what we should be a doin.