Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 11:28 AM        True Crime: Streets of LA
Picked this up over the weekend. Up to Episode 5. It's a fun game. The massive gun battles are awesome. The story is pretty choppy so far but it plays through smoothly. Christopher Walken lends a helping hand in the cast as well.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 02:17 PM       
I played a demo, and couldn't get over the controls.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 11:15 AM       
I always say it isn't the controls, it's the gamer (as long as it is responsive which it is)

I have it for Gamecube and the controls are pretty good. The camera is a problem during some fist fights indoors but that is a common problem these days.

The stealth and gunfight missions are great.

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
The screenshots I've seen don't look too great. The game sounds interesting enough, but the graphics look awful.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 02:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
I always say it isn't the controls, it's the gamer (as long as it is responsive which it is)
The fighting portion that I played was stiff and clunky. If that's what you call responsive, than you have incredibly low standards for how a game should be played.

Everyone else can save their money to spend on a game actually worth their time.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
because Socom is the bar to which all other games must be held, right James?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 02:58 PM       
Oh, yeah. You really got me there. Put in my place, for sure.

Speaking of being put in places, are there any concentration camps still open for business? Because I'd like to sign you up to become a lampshade.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:01 PM       
I've been waiting for this game for a long time and I still haven't been able to buy it yet . It looks good to me, and the graphics are not the best, never slow the game down (aside from in bullit time LOL), and are worlds better than gta.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:12 PM       
Set, Game, Match!
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 10:26 PM       
The controls aren't stiff. It's realistic for the most part. It's a very good game, demos don't tell the whole story. There are various modes of play: shooting, driving, stealth, normal. I've only played it for the Gamecube but the game responds just fine.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:59 AM       
It looks like crap. Doubt I'll play it.
drunkbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 09:24 AM       
I rented the game. To say the least its only worth a rental. Its a really straight foward game and I actually beat it before I had to return it.The music in the cars was pretty pointless being that they shut off and start on another song when you leave the car and go back in.(you'll be leaving your car alot.) Though, they were a great addition to some of the hand to hand combat moments of the game.

The Controls for gunplay were kinda stiff and sometimes didnt respond(I had the X-Box version.) As for hand to hand combat, it had a variety of moves, but they werent really put to good use and became tedious (though elbow dropping bums was fun.)The civilians running around said some pretty funny shit, like "Oh Diggity Damn I gotta go." And the access amount of swearing was kinda corny at times. But the city itself was really detailed. Even though you cant go into buildings, it still had a vast environment to drive around in.

The Car handling was ok. Basic gta'ish control with the added feature of being able to shoot cars in front of ya. (and in back with nicks magic rubber like arms.) The power-ups for cars, moves and guns were a cool feature added on, but by the time you need em, you'll probably forget you had em.

As for dialog, it was really cheasy with the main character constantly spewing lame line after lame line. He sounded more like a generic substitute for Duke nukem. And the acting for the story was no better. Cept for the cool voice of Lo-pan(from Big trouble in little china.)

So Id say for this game, unless your a real hardcore drive shoot sim fan.(Very watered down version of gta3.) Then just rent and return.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 11:46 AM       
There are three endings to the game, all pretty poor. Yeah it is short. Played through the whole thing already and got all three endings including the best one. There are plenty of episodes though but some are just drive here type scenerios. Did you get all 100% of the unlockables? I'm at 97% at the moment and am only missing one driving technique. I like the different driving moves. Two wheel driving is fun. The way the game ends, it sounds like a prequel is in the works or something.

It's fun going back and playing different missions or just solving street crimes, after you beat it you can still do whatever you want. You get alot of different crime alerts and some are pretty cool. I always like hostage situations. Achieving civil unrest is fun as well, then you can do some cop killing.

Playing as Snoop is fun too. It's a enjoyable game and I'm glad I bought it first and didn't rent it since I wouldv'e ended up buying it after renting it anyway. It is one that I will be going back to. The atmosphere is great.

One thing I wish was that the story was better put together.