Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: CS ~ best shooter ever?
Yes 2 20.00%
No 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Grey_Magi is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 04:02 PM        PC CS ~ best game ever?
The pc counter strike has been around forever, and is still going strong. It may be the best FPS ever made. Whats ur opinion.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 04:06 PM       
Too many hackers. Pretty much, whoever wins in that game has the best hacker or cheat. It's still fun as hell, but some people just want to CHEAT.

Goldeneye is the best fps ever made. Yes I still play it and I'm not some retard trying to post something 'funny'.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 04:16 PM       
I used to like CS in the good olĀ“ days, but as hickman said, the hacker/cheater assholes have ruined the fun.
I think the best FPS shooter ever is "Blood". It may have crappy graphics, but it is truly a great game. Soldier of Fortune 2 comes second.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 05:30 PM       
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=395

Counterstrike sucks. SOCOM > Counterstrike
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 06:50 PM       
You are such a SOCOM fanboy Sony should be paying you James. Even if it were better than a FIVE+ YEAR OLD GAME that wouldn't be much of an accomplishment, but it isn't. Thousands of people all over the world continue to be online playing CS at any given moment. Only you and about 4 other people play SOCOM. CS sucks online because of hacks, blah blah. Most online PC games do. CS is/was the most popular so it's only logical more attention would be paid to it by hackers. It's meant to be played on a LAN where cheating isn't an issue. And regardless, that article (it's what now, third time you've posted that SA link?) is still hilarious. I'm sure they'd write one on SOCOM too if anybody played it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 08:40 PM       
There are/were roughly 16,000 people playing the original SOCOM at any given time. SOCOM also got got wrecked through cheating (but not hacking). SOCOM II has dealt with cheating as best they can, and the numbers of players at any one time are already at the 10,000 mark, with many more to come after Christmas.

I am not necessarily a SOCOM fanboy, but the games are awesome. I hate Counterstrike, because everyone fucking rams it down my throat like it's the God of video games. So I'm ramming SOCOM down their throats because they suck.

I don't worship the game, but it's the most enjoyment I've had playing online ever. I only come off as worshipping it, because that's what happens when you are trying to piss of people who have a boner for Counterstrike, which as you said, is a 5-year-old game.

It's fucking tired. So every time someone mentions CS, I'm going to mention SOCOM. We also need someone else to mention Ghost Recon, I guess. So if anyone's interested, feel free to chime in with "Counterstrike sucks. Ghost Recon rules."

Oh, and Counterstrike sucks. SOCOM rules.

Grey_Magi is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 08:55 PM       
CS is better than any other shooter if you can find a few friends and throw a cheat free lan party, because then it becomes intense skill, strategy, and fun. None of those dam hackers
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 08:56 PM       
You know what's better than not being a CS fag?

Playing SOCOM II.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 09:14 PM       
Fuck SOCOM.

Spec Ops is where it's at.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 09:24 PM       
HALO. If it's good enough for Bill Gates it's good enough for your sorry asses.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 09:28 PM       
Halo's a FPS.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 09:36 PM       
THIS ISN'T YOUR THREAD
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 05:34 AM       
From Counter-Strike to Day of Defeat, from Day of Defeat to Battlefield, from Battlefield to Desert Combat.

It has been a long road for me. CS, I was average,
in DOD, I was top 5 almost every game.
Battlefield, top 3, same with Desert Combat (until they nerfed the M1-A1)

Best PC FPS is Battlefield 1942.
Best Console FPS is Goldeneye/Perfect Dark
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 05:58 AM       
I just noticed Counterstrike is apparently a FPS, and not a tactical shooter. Therefore, it's unfair compare it to SOCOM, because SOCOM's a tactical third-person co-op shooter, and CS is a First-person jump around like a retard with limited vision and don't entertain the thought of teamwork shooter.

My apologies.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 07:50 AM       
Quote:
jump around like a retard with limited vision and don't entertain the thought of teamwork shooter
Elequently put. I saw some mental retards wearing goggles jumping around and trying to start a car. It looked to me that working together was the last thing on their minds. I am pretty sure they were playing a first person shooter.

Call it a FPS if that is what you are doing. Call it TPS is that is what you are doing. Call it a driving game if that is what you are doing. All these sub-genres are getting outta hand and are getting pretty stupid.

"Is it a first-person party action corridor shooter?"
"No, it is a first-person single action low-violent espionage tatical timetraveling non-dairy blue-tint hotwaxed geriatric field snowman anniversary spaceship communist television-show breakdance shooter. You idiot."

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 11:05 AM       
QUAKE
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 11:14 AM       
James, you are the biggest faggot ever. You won't stop complaining until everyone says that SOCOM is the best FPS, so shut the fuck up.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 12:14 PM       
I certainly hope people don't say it's the best FPS ever. Because it's meant to be played in third-person perspective. If it was a FPS, I'd have never touched it.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 01:00 PM       
Quote:
don't entertain the thought of teamwork shooter
You've never even played it. Why the personal vendetta? It's OLD James, don't feel so threatened by it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
POLLS

-willie
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 07:55 PM       
I already said I hated CS because people never shut up about it. It's the same reason I hate Titanic, Star Wars, and black people.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 04:48 AM       
why do people use cheats in online games, is it to look cool in front of 'N00bs' or to pretend that they are really good at a game?

call of duty has a 'kill-cam' mode, which shows an action replay of the person who killed you (from their viewpoint). this should be pretty good for exposing cheaters (if you see someone aim at you before they see you, or their crosshair jerking towards your head)