Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

French Guy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 10:35 PM        How do you stand on gay mariage?
I personoly dont care as long as they leave me the hell alone.
But im sure everyone will agree with me .
Everyone wants a little of the rock in them.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 10:38 PM       
THEY ARE ALL GOING TO HELL
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 10:40 PM       
PERIOD
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 10:45 PM       
What? Gays? Married? WHAT HAS THIS NATION COME TO?!?! This is what happens when you let women vote.

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 06:50 AM       
The problem as I see it is that marriage has something to do with the state. You get tax-benefits living together, you have a legal status, the rights of your children, heritage, a whole sleeve of things are tied in with marriage, making marriage a legal thing.

If it weren't for all of this, marriage would be a sheer personal thing, born out of love, and the government wouldn't be able to stop homosexuals getting married.

Why can uncle sam, or father france, or whomever, stop homosexuals from getting married? In a stupidity/unfairness scale, I think it ranks about the same as stopping homosexuals from having sex. (It has been done, by the way. The inventor of the pc, Charles Babbage, was a homosexual, and the british government injected him with oestrogenes in order to turn him straight again)

It all comes down to freedom. I know it's a cliché word, but bear with me. If marriage is seen as a commitment in front of the lord, or the ones you love, then who the hell else than the two people involved can stop them/force them, whatever? It's nobodies business!

But yeah, because marriage has been around so long, it's become the norm. And our entire society has been built around it.

What is the worst that can happen if you allow homosexuals to get married? In my country, it's been legal for a year now, and surprise, surprise... shit all has changed. And why the hell would it?

I think this is a basic case of a people who are afraid of something projecting their fears onto other people. Priest who was afraid of sex in medieval times, telling people having sex will land you in hell. Same as this. People who are afraid of homosexuals - who don't get it - and who project that fear onto society, using other people/the moral fibre, whatever... as an excuse to give existance to their fear of the unknown.

I'm firmly on the side of homosexual marriage. And before any of you jokers begin, not the rear side, no...

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 07:10 AM       
man as long as those fuckin fags keep their dicks outta my face i guess im ok with it

im just sayin they can do whateva the hell they want in their own homes but i dont want no gays fuckin in the street you know what im sayin is all im sayin.

jes keep your dick outta my face is all im sayin.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:14 AM       
Yeah! I get it shoved down my throat, up my arse and in my ears all the time. Its disgusting. If they want to be a gay, why can't they go and do it on the moon?

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:24 AM       
People are afraid that if homosexuals are allowed to be married we can't draw the line and say bigamy is illegal, or people want to marry pets, b/c they equate it as something unnatural and therefore everything they think is unnatural is thrown in the pot.

I personally have no problem with drawing the line between 2 consenting adults.

Consenting = not pets or children
adults = not children
2 = 2 not more

I've had this convo with several "christian/catholics" that hold this stance and it's also that their religion says it's wrong...However our country is based on separation of church and state. If they got their way athiests couldn't get married either and that's just ridiculous.

I've also heard the argument that it complicates the beauracracy of marriage and that people will use it to scam the government, ie. marrying a friend and not really "marrying" just to get benefits...as if they can't do that with friends of the opposite sex. It was pointed to the problems that France has had with allowing gay marriage. Complicating beauracracy comes with opening the opportunity to more people. More people will always equal more problems that does not mean we close off a portion of the population's civil rights. I saw an ad in the school paper once asking for someone seekinhg "platonic" marriage for the purpose of getting independent status for financial aid. It's done on armed forces bases all the time to get better housing. This is the kind of thing they are worried about and obviously, it's not stopping b/c we stop gay marriage.

You want to talk about destroying the sancitity of marriage then sterilize britney spears and put her on an island please.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:48 AM       
You cannot stand on gay marriage because it is an abstract concept.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 01:40 PM        Well
I use both feet. It's quite slippery.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 01:52 PM       
Damn you! You beat me to it!!!!
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:36 PM       
I was going to say on it's windpipe.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 01:49 PM       
I say we should let them because if we start putting human behavior to a vote, then that pretty much undermines the whole idea of freedom in American society. The real issue here is that a bunch of people don't want to admit that homosexuality exists and to keep their delusion real they're willing to undermine the entire basis of the country they claim they love. These people, of course, are retarded assholes who should be locked up in a very big metal box for a few years then thrown into space.

When it comes to gay marriage, I don't fucking care. I'm not supposed to fucking care. If I fucking care, then that means I have to fucking care about everybody's business. And if it comes to that, I want the ability to make unreasonable suggestions based haphazardly on my own beliefs. You know what? I don't like religion. In fact, I think it's a danger. Let's go ahead and start massacring people on Sunday, burning their houses of worship, using Bibles as toilet paper, and whomever disagrees we can throw in a work camp. Why not? If we can honestly think we can ban something just because we don't like it--which is the only reason opponents really give when they're not hiding behind a Bible and pure ignorance--then that gives everybody carte blanche to put forth any law for anything anytime regardless of any sane reason.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:39 PM       
Standing on gay marriage is like sex on telvision. I don't like it, I keep falling off and my ass gets badly bruised.

And I don't care who beat me to it.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:32 PM       

Wherever you go, there you are.
Anonymouse is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:56 AM       
Marriage should have nothing to do with the State. It is typical for government to expand itself into every aspect of society. It is a private concern and should be dealt with the Church's respectively.
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:27 AM       
Yeah, and we should have unregulated big business as well!

Oh yeah, 1883 is sounding fucking awesome!

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:39 AM       
I am for the ban on gay marriage, because I beleive banning straight marriage can't be too far behind. It's a sign of progress.

"as they leave me the hell alone"

THOSE DARN HOMOS, AM I RIGHT FOLKS? THEY'RE LIKE MOSQUITOS OR SOMETHING