Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM       
I JUST LOOKED THAT JOKE UP THAT'S A MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME HOW DARE YOU

I BET YOU DRESS UP LIKE MUDKIPS AND SEXUALLY ROLEPLAY WITH MEN
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM       
Also, Schimid, I'm available for Strikers today, although I'm having a horribly bad day; barely winning against people with 14-2 losing streaks, letting Hammer Bros get skillshots off, fucking up every single trick I try to do, etc.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM       
Schimid's over, so get on AIM, bitch!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
My name's Zomboid and I get jokes.
And what a hilarious joke it was. If gw's right, it's a reference to an internet meme? Good one!

That was very funny. Well done.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 05:49 PM       
Not really a meme and just something commonly known on youtube. Not everything on the internet is a meme.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM       
Yes it is, you meme
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM       
Hi, my name is Zomboid and a lot of internet jokes will fly over my head because I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

That was very funny. Well done.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM       
Good games, GW :O

You remind me of me and pretty much everyone else back when the online first launched. You're real good at keepaway and your constant passing put me in a bad position a few times.

You REALLY gotta learn how to block that instant goal at the start. I stopped doing it because it was so effective.

Other than that, just keep playing. You're definitely on the right track. I think your Wario is a lot better than your Daisy, but you did trick me once or twice with that Crystal Smash.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
The main problem with my daisy team is that she's the only defensive character, and when I'm not her and someone's coming in to do something DASTARDLY she's way on the other side of the field.

I also hadn't gotten into my A-game mood until after I played you, so I sorta want a rematch as daisy because hargleblargle

Also, I know you can block the goal by running backwards and lob passing; I tried that against you a few times, but it didn't do anything. Of course, you and Chojin are the only people who do it right from the goal line, so I think I'll be ok.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 06:40 PM       
Oh, and teach me a few tricks some time; I only know like three really shitty ones :<
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 06:43 PM       
We're going to get something to eat. Be on AIM in like, 30 minutes.

I'll show you some tricks after the next series :O

EDIT - Also, Chojin and I aren't the only ones that do it immediately--a lot of really good players do, including clan members. If you're Daisy, just hit them right off the bat. If they do a little circle before chipping, anticipate it and either hit them after the circle or just run toward the goal.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM       
Man, I'd have scored three times durring that SD if it hadn't been passed to Daisy :<
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM       
I got your dough, GW. Look forward to fun.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
RUH-ROH
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 03:50 AM       
Guys, how come the intro movies to Silent Hill games always make them look about 10 times more awesome than they actually are?

Example:
Silent Hill 1 intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eds1ivwq1oc

This leads us to believe that the game will be a MEANINGFUL, TEARY EYED EMOTIONAL EXTRAVAGANZA with lots of good music and some horrifying gameplay segments linking us from cutscene to cutscene. The only time the game actually is like this is the cutscene where Lisa Garland "dies." (ok, spoilers, fuck you, if you haven't played the game or seen the movie yet you're slower than I am)

Also, some of those cutscenes aren't even in the game. What?

Anyway, what you spend most of the game doing is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDWTGrz3XT4

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad game; Alchemilla General scared me so badly that I don't know if I'd ever have the guts to go into an actual hospital ever again, but why the misleading videos?

Why do you guys love getting my hopes up for an incredibly cinematic experience and then TRASHING them? :<

Hopefully one of our resident Silent Hill faggots will provide me with an answer to this mystery. I seriously feel like I'm playing joke versions of these games; that's really the only explanation other than "everyone who likes it is retarded" that I can think of.

Also, unfortunately since Silent Hill 2 saw being scary as something only a dirty conformist survival horror game would do, it lacked anything remotely like it and was just a big, foggy, badly acted keyhunt. This led me to dismiss it as shit.

Oh, did I mention the acting in these games is HORRIBLE? It is.

This also sort of called me to question why I enjoy Resident Evil without complaint, since it's pretty much the exact same thing with a camera I can predict and less fucking fog everywhere; keyhunting, simplistic puzzle solving, RETARDED acting and dialogue writing, tank controls and a difficult to use but never game breaking combat system, and the every so often pissypants moment. I answer myself: because I'm EXPECTING this sort of shit and have braced myself for it. Resident Evil was never tauted as an incredible cinematic masterpiece or "bastion of perfected psychological horror" by its fanboys; It's often described as playing your own B zombie movie. There are probably other reaons I like Resident Evil, like how it just feels a lot more CLASSIC than Silent Hill; you, your gun, a bunch of zombies and locked doors, and some giant sharks and sentient plants thrown in for good measure.

But the biggest reason, for me, is Silent Hill's ridiculous let down factor. Serious, I can't think of any game that's put on this high of a pedestal for things that have all been done before and better, and then hawked as something absurdly different than it actually is.

Now, I usually don't call Silent Hill out on this sort of stuff because I know the LOL YOU JUST DON'T GET IT, DUMBASS card is going to be inevitably pulled, but you know what? Fuck you, and your wannabe Shining.

What the fuck, guys, seriously?

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jul 19th, 2008 at 04:40 PM.
Forum Virgin
HellBeast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM       
well silent hill games are very cinematic. the game surrounds itself more around stpry telling and puzzles. so their trailers look like a trailer to a kickass thriller or horror movie when the game is actually an interactive novel. at least thats what i think. i never got into them very much.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM       
sigh
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 06:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Guys, how come the intro movies to Silent Hill games always make them look about 10 times more awesome than they actually are?

Example:
Silent Hill 1 intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eds1ivwq1oc

This leads us to believe that the game will be a MEANINGFUL, TEARY EYED EMOTIONAL EXTRAVAGANZA with lots of good music and some horrifying gameplay segments linking us from cutscene to cutscene. The only time the game actually is like this is the cutscene where Lisa Garland "dies." (ok, spoilers, fuck you, if you haven't played the game or seen the movie yet you're slower than I am)

Also, some of those cutscenes aren't even in the game. What?

Anyway, what you spend most of the game doing is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDWTGrz3XT4

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad game; Alchemilla General scared me so badly that I don't know if I'd ever have the guts to go into an actual hospital ever again, but why the misleading videos?

Why do you guys love getting my hopes up for an incredibly cinematic experience and then TRASHING them? :<

Hopefully one of our resident Silent Hill faggots will provide me with an answer to this mystery. I seriously feel like I'm playing joke versions of these games; that's really the only explanation other than "everyone who likes it is retarded" that I can think of.

Also, unfortunately since Silent Hill 2 saw being scary as something only a dirty conformist survival horror game would do, it lacked anything remotely like it and was just a big, foggy, badly acted keyhunt. This led me to dismiss it as shit.

Oh, did I mention the acting in these games is HORRIBLE? It is.

This also sort of called me to question why I enjoy Resident Evil without complaint, since it's pretty much the exact same thing with a camera I can predict and less fucking fog everywhere; keyhunting, simplistic puzzle solving, RETARDED acting and dialogue writing, tank controls and a difficult to use but never game breaking combat system, and the every so often pissypants moment. I answer myself: because I'm EXPECTING this sort of shit and have braced myself for it. Resident Evil was never tauted as an incredible cinematic masterpiece or "bastion of perfected psychological horror" by its fanboys; It's often described as playing your own B zombie movie. There are probably other reaons I like Resident Evil, like how it just feels a lot more CLASSIC than Silent Hill; you, your gun, a bunch of zombies and locked doors, and some giant sharks and sentient plants thrown in for good measure.

But the biggest reason, for me, is Silent Hill's ridiculous let down factor. Serious, I can't think of any game that's put on this high of a pedestal for things that have all been done before and better, and then hawked as something absurdly different than it actually is.

Now, I usually don't call Silent Hill out on this sort of stuff because I know the LOL YOU JUST DON'T GET IT, DUMBASS card is going to be inevitably pulled, but you know what? Fuck you, and your wannabe Shining.

What the fuck, guys, seriously?

Did you play these games when they came out???

To get a point across that's like me saying "Hey guys, I can't believe it's the year 2018 already. I played this game that came out back in 2008 called Mario Strikers. It's so terrible, it's nothing compared to all these new games that are out now which is what I'm basing it against. Huh, yeah. I know it's a different genre from what I normally play and it came out a decade ago."

That's basically what I just heard.

Hell, when Silent Hill 1 came out I wouldn't play it by myself, it at least took 2 other people.

In regards to the intros to the games it was cutting edge at the time.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:58 PM       
oh, or the IT WAS GOOD FOR ITS TIME!!1 card, that's always a favorite.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 09:37 PM       
You're unfortunate
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 11:32 PM       
Sweettits, if you're going to dismiss the opinions of the people that like the game as fanboy cliche then they'll never reconvince you of the game's worth like the last three times you badmouthed it.

Some people like the game, you do not. That's fine, you can shut up about it now. You mini-Zomboid.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 11:47 PM       
there should be a game that is what I expected Silent Hill to be originally
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
oh, or the IT WAS GOOD FOR ITS TIME!!1 card, that's always a favorite.
This.

I don't care if a game was fun in 1990. I'm playing the game now.

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 12:13 AM       
I played the game in 1990 and my memory says it's good, so don't ask my opinion on a game if you're a crybaby about progress vs nostalgia.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 12:36 AM       
My favorite game is a side scroller that was dated when it came out, guys, don't accuse me of this shit