Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I'm sorry, I've got no frame of reference here in regards to housing, barracks, or anything relating to the military.

You're more qualified than I am to give advice to this lad, and I mean that.
It's okay, Fathom. You can make it up to all of us by cutting your hippy hair.

Doc, any ideas on what MOS you want?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:03 PM       
I'll keep my hair.

My dad's MOS changes frequently because he has a problem with a thing called "responsibility." Last I heard, he was launching weather balloons in the air and waiting for them to come down. He was with the MLRS for most of my life, though.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:05 PM       
That is how soldiers live? shit. OK, that looks like a pretty good life.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
We are required to "Make It Rain" everyday at 3pm while facing the flag. Here's a video of America's finest in action:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GerKpRw2nkE
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
man have fun killing a bunch of brown people
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:55 PM       
Well, right now I'm torn between being in a tank, piloting a helicopter or a jet (although I really prefer the old-timey propellor planes. :P), or just going ahead and being a grunt. They all sound pretty damn awesome.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:57 PM       
Easy tiger. This is a serious decision. Think hard, man.
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:57 PM       
I always figured that if I joined the Army i'd do Artillery. I don't know why but i've always been interested in Artillery.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:59 PM       
Go for it Doc. Just do me a favor. Don't ever bitch and moan about how people treat you in other countries and don't expect a warm welcome when you get back. I hate cry babies.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:59 PM       
Oh, the explosions rock.

Gotta be careful not to go deaf, though.

Tadao, you turned into a real dick lately.
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 12:01 AM       
Well, these things have always interested me a lot, but I never had the resources to really get to do anything with them. So I think it'd be a really great thing for me. But I'll definitely be doing a LOT of thinking before I jump the gun.
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 12:02 AM       
Don't hate on Tadao, he's just yearning for the good ol' days when media heiresses were brainwashed into robbing banks. Just give him what he wants.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM       
Those days are gone
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 12:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
After that you can apply to OTS and if accepted, BAM! You emerge as a prior-enlisted officer, who gets a shit ton more respect than your butter bar wearing 2nd LT fresh out of the academy. You'll be glad you did.
Yeah, no shit there...

Just like me, you picked a great line of work, and a real stupid time to do it. Give a year of college a try, just to say you did, or even get your degree, then enlist. At least by then, you'll get a chance to go to where the war should be, Afghanistan.

If you're posting on I-mockery, you probably don't have a chance at aviator school Go 68W and be a surgeon when you get out. Let me know how it goes.

Two rumors I've heard: Since the Iraq War was declared illegal by the UN, which makes any participant a war criminal? And also, stop-loss is bullshit because it's only applicable during war, and this is a police action

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 12:14 AM       
Yeah, that's a great idea. I assumed I would go to college for a little, at least. Seems like it's a little rash to just jump right into it.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 12:49 AM       
As a graduate of the "Kremlin on the Crum" I can't say I'm partial to the military (despite my "jarhead" avatar) - however, I have extended family and friends who have decided to make the armed forces a career. While I won't gainsay your decision, I will caution you to think long and hard about the choice, realizing the experiences and consequences are likely to be many times more life-altering than you may now believe.

Kind of sideways on topic here, but am I the only one surprised that KK hasn't shown up to give us his learned opinion on the matter?
You may already be there.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 01:19 AM       
he probably caught lyme disease from one of his canine companions' ticks and died
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 02:39 AM       
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 02:59 AM       
joining the army is pretty stupid
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 03:35 AM       
All I'm saying Doc is that you had better be prepared to be hated by the world and your own country. I don't care one way or the other. I'm not being a dick about it, it's just how things are. America is not loved and our armed forces are taking the heat for it at home and abroad.
corporate whore
Dirge is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 06:42 AM       
have fun getting up at 5am for PT rain or shine!
have fun eating the same MRE's over and over! (jalapeno cheese yum)
have fun taking orders from lifers who cant function in the real world...
colonel flagg is dead on. it changes everything. think
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 06:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge View Post
have fun getting up at 5am for PT rain or shine!
have fun eating the same MRE's over and over! (jalapeno cheese yum)
have fun taking orders from lifers who cant function in the real world...
Yeah it's fucked up. The assholes got rid of the merry-go-round and the cotton candy machine is always broken!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM       
Dude, I've gotten to love MREs. My faves are the chicken & rice, minestrone, and beef stew.
OH GOD
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM       
DIRAGE
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Yeah it's fucked up. The assholes got rid of the merry-go-round and the cotton candy machine is always broken!
Where the hell is my pony ride?

But seriously, stay away from the enchilada MREs

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist