Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:36 PM        Halo 2 PC
No doubt some of you will already have picked up on THIS story, but for those who haven't, basically Bungie has stated that Halo 2 will be ported to PC but only playable on Windows Vista.

There are a few things which come to mind when I read this; firstly that Halo 2 sucks so who cares, but also that this could potentially lead to huge ammounts of piracy. Assuming the game will be using DX10 (formally known as Windows graphics foundation) and this is the reason they are trying to justify the fact they will only be releasing for the Vista platform.
Im guessing that DX10 will be backwards compatible with Windows XP (although there is a pretty high possibility that unlike the previous versions, DX10 will be more than a simple update to the COMM files making backwards compatibilty complicated), so once some enterprising young cracker cracks the game and releases it for XP everyone and their mother will be downloading the game instead of buying it.

It does sound suspiciously like a nafarious plan to force Halo fans to buy Vista but there is always the possibility that they genuinly want to make a good game to take advantage of Vista's plethora of new features and development for XP and Vista would simply be too time consuming.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:41 PM       
What the hell is vista
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:45 PM       
...Windows Vista previously codenamed Longhorn.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM       
What the hell is vista
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 02:43 PM       
Who says people won't be downloading Vista AND Halo 2?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 02:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
What the hell is vista
Its the next version of Windows currently in development.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 05:02 PM       
Halo 2 directors cut: now with an ending

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 08:05 PM       
Halo 2 sucked ass, there was no reason for all the hype surrounding it. There was no ending, meaning that the singleplayer game was worthless.

But Hey, the multiplayer was fun. Well yes it was, but with the first halo came a story and i know many gamers (like me) put a lot of value into the story. Not everyone likes to play Multiplayer, especially the Cheap camper fest that halo provided us.

Also, with microsoft pretty much owning Halo, They will release it only for Windows Vista because Bill Gates is a Money Grubbing Bastard. And even If they decide to release A Version of Vista with Halo 2, Who knows if it is going to be any good. I want a strong, supportive OS for all of the old games without having to download any extra software. Meaning they should include the Dos Compatibility that was in 95-98-ME.

Not Everyone wants to spend 40$ for a game, spend 250$ on PC upgrades to the machine, and then have to buy a 150+ OS to play a subpar game. Plus I dont have that kind of money, and I doubt that anyone on these forums does. Not to mention that MIcrosoft will try to get you to pay for online play like they do on the X-Box

Now if you excuse me, I will go back to playing some half-life, a real game with a real ending. And i didnt have to pay out of my ass to get it.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR