Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 10:36 PM        Pot Smoking
I found it strange that, being a board that is filled with many 20 something year olds, there hasn't been some sort of discussion on the leaf, or at least recently. I used to be a casual smoker (every other week, once, small amounts). The first time I actually got high was amazing, obviosuly quite the elightneing experience. I later realized I was often burnt in deals (pun not intended), which kind turned me off to doing it as frequently as I did.

I would go on and off, not smoking for a month or two, then doing it once or twice and stopping again. I felt it was less profound every time, it seemed that all my smoking experiences became simple munchie fests and listening to music in a dazed state. Even worse, nearing my 70 something time of toking, being high started to depress me. I actually began to feel emotionally low while being baked. After that I have smoked very seldom, and every time I do, I either become depressed, or I have a very weak experience.

I know there are at least 2 potheads out there (vibecrew and les), anyone else had a similar experience? Or anyone else feel totally different? Any discussion on herb would be interesting, seeing how I must have missed the topic on these boards, unless it's never really been brought up.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 11:31 PM       
I'm autistic, so weed would probably just make that worse.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 11:34 PM       
Weed is for losers.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Weed is for losers.
i gotta stick with the chimp with this one, unless he's being sarcastic... either way im not touching the stuff.

Psycho Squid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:19 AM       
Where is Jersey Boy when you need him?
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:40 AM       
Interesting topic. My first spec script was about a bunch of potheads.

I've only smoked pot a handful of times, and for me it's like getting drunk without the physical side effects. When I drink, my whole body slows down. When I've smoked, only my brain slows down. I've never had any sort of profound experience whatsoever. Everytime I've smoked, it's with the pure intent of getting fucked up, which is why I don't smoke all the time.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:10 AM       
Why is this in the political forum?

I thought we were going to debate over whether pot should be legal!

Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 11:15 AM       
It's actually in the philosophy/sociology forum. I figure it didn't really fit in general blabber. Oh, and we all know you're a libertarian so you think it should be legal.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 11:21 AM       
Legalize smot poking!
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:57 PM       
I think that I have mentioned before that I smoked pot and it was fun for me because I was with a close group of friends. I don't smoke pot now for health and for the fact that I did notice that my short term memory was effected. Quite a few of my friends smoke pot and I have nothing against it for the fact that they are never rude or violent when high unlike some people when they drink too much alchohol. Pot is different from 10 years ago when I did it with the THC levels being much higher and causing fatalities when people drive motor vehicles so I think it should be a regulated drug and if legalized an age limit of 21 should be in place. Food tastes good on pot but mung mouth is kinda gross.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 01:36 PM       
Anyone, like Chimp, who critizes pot yet has never done it, is a loser. I smoke pot on very rare occasions; it's fun, but I've never actually had a craving for it so I don't go out of my way to buy it. I just take a joints worth from my parents stash.

Mungus the Foon is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 09:24 PM       
well, weed isn't for everyone.
but for me i actually find it to be a much more positive experience than alcohol.
i am unfortunately one of those people who can get, lets say offensive, when i have drunk too much.
i find that if i just have a couple of joints before a night out, maybe a couple of pints out and then another joint or so when i get in that the night tends to be good. even if it goes wrong it's funny.
yes, your short term memory can be affected. this, combined with the effect that cannabis can have on your short term memory (sorry) can leave you a little confused at times. i'll just weigh things up for you
alcohol;hangover, liver damage, sometimes vomiting, sometimes makes people want to fight, can make you depressed. loss of balance, vision, self control, inhibitions. can make sex impossible.
weed; a bit slower the next day (never smoke the day before a sparring session). makes everything funny, even if something pisses you off you can't be bothered to do anything about it. can make sex better.
for me anyway weed is better.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 12:07 AM       
Anyone who criticises Chimp without having done him is a loser.

I've never smoked pot in my life. I am scared it will bring back my schizophrenia.

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:12 AM       
IF you're legit about being a schizo, stay away. It can cause insanity that has yet to manifest to come quicker than it should. I assume this would go with people who lost their mental problems. I also would be careful if you're really autistic, Jean,
Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:50 AM       
I think drinking alcohol is more enjoyable than pot. Whenever I am summoned to smoke with friends I take a puff sometimes but usually just end up drinking vodka.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
Anyone, like Chimp, who critizes pot yet has never done it, is a loser. I smoke pot on very rare occasions; it's fun, but I've never actually had a craving for it so I don't go out of my way to buy it. I just take a joints worth from my parents stash.

LOSER.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:57 AM       
i prolly do a lot more than i should... but generally speaking, all in moderation, i don't see an issue...

Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:43 PM        Pot
Neat. I've been recognized. :D

Actually, I am not a pot smoker. I don't like the way it makes me feel physically. I tend to get the spins and feel sick. I am far more into psychedlics.

My S.O. on the other hand is a smoker. And I am glad he is. When he doesn't smoke he gets mean and has to clean and fix and rearrange everything in sight. Tweaker without the tweak. He actually can not sit still and enjoy tv without either working on 4 computers or cleaning out the fridge. When he smokes he is a bit more mellow. Maybe a bit too proactive sometimes, but at least happy about it.

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 11:29 PM       
I kinda assumed that with the whole mushroom avatar and the various hallucination reports that you smoked. Well, you know what they say. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Yuk Yuk Yuk.
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 12:07 PM       
LEgalize, OR if anything Decriminalize it...

PErsonally, I enjoy the Sacrement that is Ganja. However i feel that it can be overated at times, alot of people like to consider it a "Gateway" drug, personally i feel smoking Cigarettes as much if not more of a motivating factor to alcoholism and other harder drugs... Why you may ask? IF i ever come up with a reasonable argument i will post...

In terms of health etc.. There is no doubt in my mind that weed smoking is alot healthier than drinking, although there are no scientific studies out yet that can conclusivley prove this or otherwise. I drink as well, and they are completely different stimulations really..

I just hate it when people compare weed to Crack and shit, it is no where near as potent, or as debilitating as some of these hardcore drugs.. The withdrawal is completely different (for chronic users) and frankly i've never seen someone rob a house to get money for weed... OR shake in convulsions after not using it for 48 hours (like with herion or whatnot) In fact, ive never seen anyone get in a FIGHT when high, but i sure have when the Alcohol starts flowing...