Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 03:52 AM        Morality
Is it moral to kill yourself if no one will care? I mean, if no one will miss you, it doesn't really matter if you're alive or dead. If nothing depends on your existence, then suicide is a victimless "crime". Am I right in assuming this, or is it morally wrong to take your own worthless life? Discuss.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:05 AM       
hmmm...good question. Kill youself and we'll see.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 01:56 PM       
Follow Cosmo's advice. If nothing else, you'll know for sure if life matters or not.

Wear some diapers though, your bladder muscles release when you die and its rather impolite to make someone else clean up your shit. You're beyond humiliation anyway at that point, so at least this way someone will appreciate your worthless life.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 02:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
your bladder muscles release when you die and its rather impolite to make someone else clean up your shit.
Think about this, really.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 03:22 PM       
It doesn't matter if suicide is moral or not. Suicide is stupid. Unless you are physically tortured or imprisoned in a dark, empty cell every day of your life, there is always a damn good reason to live.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 03:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
It doesn't matter if suicide is moral or not. Suicide is stupid. Unless you are physically tortured or imprisoned in a dark, empty cell every day of your life, there is always a damn good reason to live.
But what if that dark, empty cell... is in your head!?
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 03:31 PM       
Then you're a goth and everyone wants you to die anyway.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 03:43 PM       
Yeah, and stop writing that damned poetry.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 04:08 PM       
That poetry will only inspire weak individuals to do likewise!

Keep writing away!!

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 09:01 PM       
"Think about this, really."

Oh, sorry, for the anatomically anal retentives, bladder muscles AND SPHINCTER. I rather thought it was implied, but if people need their hands held, by all means.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 05:13 PM       
Quote:
Oh, sorry, for the anatomically anal retentives, bladder muscles AND SPHINCTER
Think about this, really.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Suicide is stupid.
That's your opinion. Many think life is equally as stupid. As long as I don't die in an unexpected accident, I plan to take my own life. There is no way I'm going to wither away into some wrinkled burden to my loved ones or a former shell of myself. Whether this is tomorrow or 50 years from now (or 13 according to deathclock.com ) is irrelevant; the fact that I control my own destiny is quite empowering.

However, the only thing I'm really certain of in this life is that I'm a hypocrite so ask me next week and I'll probably give you a different answer.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 05:48 PM       
Yeah about 30 to 35 is good, I think :glennbenton If I don't have something really worthwhile going by then to push the date back, I'm thinking of setting myself on fire at that age I'm nonsiderate my friends will only have to kick my charred carcass to bits and gather my dust instead of having to wash off blood or as Ror pointed out, having to clean my faithful waste off the carpet.

Suicide isn't stupid if you're doing it because it's funny.
Mocker
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 09:01 PM       
"Think about this, really."

Actually I had, it was supposed to be a really bad pun, but I think I've failed miserably. . .

blackheart is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
Quote:
Suicide is stupid.
That's your opinion. Many think life is equally as stupid. As long as I don't die in an unexpected accident, I plan to take my own life. There is no way I'm going to wither away into some wrinkled burden to my loved ones or a former shell of myself. Whether this is tomorrow or 50 years from now (or 13 according to deathclock.com ) is irrelevant; the fact that I control my own destiny is quite empowering.

However, the only thing I'm really certain of in this life is that I'm a hypocrite so ask me next week and I'll probably give you a different answer.
I agree.

You don't ask to live. You don't ask to die. However, it's empowering to others to be able to end their own life, like you said. I think it is more justifiable if they have a chronic illness, yet I understand what it's like to be trapped in your own misery. I used to suffer from terrible depression, partly from how people treated me, partly from how I treated myself, and partly from my own brain mechanisms. I had a definite urge to kill myself. When you are in constant pain, the only way to end it is drugs or death.

I got out of the rut and I'm glad that I never died, but I can sympathize with those who want to. I think it's ridiculous we still debate over old people wanting to kill themselves or those with serious non-curable diseases. Allow them to. Death with dignity, not with suffering. It's okay. I think a lot of us are scared of death. It's a natural process. And those who think suicide is "selfish" are the ones being selfish themselves; if you love something, let it go. By all means, do whatever you kind to counsel the person and prolong it. But in most cases, if their condition is untreatable, it may be the last resort to their freedom.

[edit] I also believe suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem... but until you walk in the person's shoes, you don't know what's going on in their head. People are quick to judge, and quick to snap some witty remark about this issue *cough* but on a serious note, it's one of those "touchy, slighty offensive" subjects that should be discussed more instead of pushed under the proverbial rug.
Mocker
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:53 AM       
Christ. . .I'm not surprised YOU didn't commit suicide, I'm surprised you weren't killed by someone else.

blackheart is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
Christ. . .I'm not surprised YOU didn't commit suicide, I'm surprised you weren't killed by someone else.
Ha ha, no shit. Wow, it's the resident comedian!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 07:55 AM       
ha,ha, yes, he's one of the scarce funny ones at I-MOCKERY DOT COM

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Mike, it depends on your beliefs. If you are of the Judeo-Christian faith, then suicide is one of the gravest things you could ever do. It's a one-way ticket to Hell.

Now, in the "legal" context, I do not believe it is illegal to take your own life. I personally believe it is a real wimp way to end your existance, but if shallow and stupid people want to off themselves, then I'm not stopping ya.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:00 PM       
you're shallow and stupid
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:16 PM       
He also doesn't want to go to hell.

And Vince, I know Catholics can't kill themselves, but I thought most Protestants believed everything is okay as long as you believe in the saving power of Jesus?
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Now, in the "legal" context, I do not believe it is illegal to take your own life. I personally believe it is a real wimp way to end your existance, but if shallow and stupid people want to off themselves, then I'm not stopping ya.
If you're successful, who're they going to prosecute ... add in the extra bonus of reaching your intended objective? If you're unsuccessful, then you'll perhaps get the help you need assuming you want it. I see it as a win-win situation as long as you don't have all those "eternal life" hang-ups.

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:30 PM       
I can't kill myself because it's illegal and they might put my dead body in a prison cell.

Idiots.
Only parapaligics and vegetables and shit can't kill themselves, and they are the one's that can manage a "legal right" to. If you need someone's permission to kill yourself, or moreover someone's hand to hold, then you are witnessing natural boundaries placed for a specific reason... so your whiny ass won't kill yourself. Now shut up!
FUCK IF YOU HAVE A FUCKING RIGHT TO KILL YOURSELF, YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING DIE. YOU DONT NEED TO FOLLOW THE FUCKING LAW TO DIE, YOU JUST NEED TO PULL A TRIGGER. TRIGGER PULLING DOES NOT EQUAL LAW FOLLOWING.
Therefore discussion of this topic is pointless and null, simply because perhaps the LEGALITY of the issue is to scare stupid fuck people off who won't do it themselves, and even if that were not the intent of the law, it still serves that purpose.
Mocker
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:53 PM       
"And Vince, I know Catholics can't kill themselves, but I thought most Protestants believed everything is okay as long as you believe in the saving power of Jesus?"

Largely that depends upon what denomination you are. That statement might be true for Baptists who generally have little notion of what Christianity is, or Methodists which are largely considered Baptists that can read, so on and so forth et cetera ad infinitum.

I'm an Irish Protestant however and I tend to adhere strictly to sola scriptorus, that the Bible is the literal word of God. We're more strict than most Catholics on issues of doctrine. Suicide would be considered a sin in this case.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:57 PM       
"That statement might be true for Baptists who generally have little notion of what Christianity is, or Methodists which are largely considered Baptists that can read, so on and so forth et cetera ad infinitum. "

That made me laugh so hard.

Also, roach, you have to realize you just sinned! According to god's word.

Damn right.