FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 11:48 PM       
My girl moved to Spain, too, then.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:14 AM       
You know, when you meet a new person, if you don't immediately express attraction and if they do not do the same, it's a pretty safe bet that it's not going to work out. When I say express attraction, I don't mean reaching for her boobs, I mean like looking the other person in the eyes, smiling, (seemingly purposeless) touching, attempts at being around the other person as much as possible, that sort of thing. If this isn't happening from both sides in the first 5 minutes of when you meet a person, then she/he's not attracted to you. And even if you finally get him/her into bed, he/she's not going to want you as much as you want them and that hurts like a bitch and it always works out pretty much like shit. So umm... if you have a secret crush, unless it's a very special circumstance, the best advice I have for you is to quit while you're not even in the fucking race.

'Slowly' falling in love is absurd.
Ghost of Fraiser is probably a spambot
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:19 AM       
Maybe GIRLS aren't your main problem.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:20 AM       
I fell in love with her, not what she looks like (don't get me wrong she is very pretty).

Edit: that was for Helm, and perfecto are you calling me gay?
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge
I fell in love with her, not what she looks like (don't get me wrong she is very pretty).
Well, attraction isn't just based on looks.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:23 AM       
If you can realize what kind of person sombody is in the first five minutes, then you are gifted.
The Center Square
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:26 AM       
Quote:
If you can realize what kind of person sombody is in the first five minutes, then you are gifted.
That's not the same thing as attraction.

You can be attracted to someone in the first five minutes (and that's crucial) based on a combination of looks and the way a person carries him/herself.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:33 AM       
Attraction is not nessicary for love.

Edit: upon reading that i realized it was stupid, what i meant was initial attraction is not neccesary for love.
The Center Square
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:41 AM       
Quote:
Attraction is not nessicary for love.

Edit: upon reading that i realized it was stupid, what i meant was initial attraction is not neccesary for love.
Do you honestly believe that?

EDIT: I've never seen ANY situation in real life that's proven the old "gradually blossoming love" notion right.

2nd EDIT: Oh, and when I say "love," I mean in the romantic/sexual sense, just so we're on the same page.
Mocker

Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:56 AM       
I agree with ArtificialBrandon and I'm listening to Kyuss! ROCK! Does that lyric really go "you've been burned by my lighter, and my lighter is hell" or am i just listening things? If it does, then Kyuss rule even more.

As to what we're discussing. Yes, your body chemistry and your inherent psychological makeout do indeed compute and process whether a person should be persued for mating in far less than five minutes of interaction. As long as you're going for this relationship thing, then it's impossible to disregard the fact that harwired instinctual processes are making 95% of the choice for you. But besides the issue how free will comes into play in this whole situation, you need to demistify the actual process of 'falling in love'. The romantic model that is constanly pressured on you via various means is mostly a hollow shell and inside it lies pure atavism; sex means far less in psychological terms than it means in gratification of instinctual directive. Your instinct wanted to fuck that girl the first time you ever saw her, regardless of how long it took you to catch up with it. Blah blahblah
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 01:07 AM       
Yes, i wanted to sex her up right out of the gates, i think that she would make a great vessle for my seed but that wouldn't be enough for a relationship. It took me a while to realize that i could live with this person, hell i like talking to her. My eyes aren't always wandering to her boobs. When i think about her, i dont think about sex i think about talking. Maybe what i feel is just a strong friendship.
Mocker

Old Dec 24th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
Did your mother neglect you as a child or sumthin? (you don't have to kill Freud, I seem to be able to do that just fine) Haha crude humour can't support naivety sorry lol what we were talking about hrm: As a person that has been in your position and largely still is, the whole concept of 'relationship' is learnt behaviour, based on an artificial social model that's constantly being reinforced through various means. There's reason for it to exist, but you have to be critical of this reason. Don't just adopt it just because it's been consistently force-fed to you since the first day you opened your eyes to this happy world of ours. The need of a man or woman to keep a constant romantic relationship with another person is largely due to his inability to cope with that fact that we are, ultimately alone. We theorize that just because other people have hands and feets and heads and testicles (or occasionally testicle) that they experience and interpret emotion, reality in the same way as us but as this is attempted to be communicated, it fails in many ways. Construsion, mistrusion, INTRUSION MY ROD IS ATHRUST IN MOIST OPENINGS There is no relationship, really. You're having a relationship with what you think that person is, and she in turn is having a relationship with that she thinks you are. Double proxies, you'll burn your firewall TUGFEY(FHDGYHFVgyfv

so don't credit relationships too much. They can work, agreed, and there's gratification there for you, but the thing is, not everything that works is 'good' (here's a naive concept for you) so be critical of the practises that you've adopted, that's all that I'm saying. You're doing everything your instinct tells you now that cannot be not be not healthy! not!

You're alone.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 01:28 AM       
The facts that you present are all valid, i agree that we are alone by the mere fact that we cannot connect with somebody other than through our language (which will only serve to simplify our thoughts) but despite all of this the fact remains that i feel like shit when she says goodbye and continue to feel bad untill i see or talk to her again. It sounds stupid and cheesy but it is true.

Anyway, this whole conversation is moot because she is only a friend (and friendship is something i would like to hear your opinions on).

Edit: i read your post more carefully and realized that by your line of reasoning everything i just said is a mockery of myself, i wont erase it, however.
Mocker

Old Dec 24th, 2003, 01:41 AM       
now I'm listening to Civil Defiance and it's so wrong to play pop and grind at the same time so you must understand how difficult it is for me to continue no not much so here we go

yes you feel things when she's here and you feel different things when she's not here and this is the catch only it's not catch 22 I don't even know what a catch 22 is you know? Us foreigners I WANNA BE A JUKEBOX HEEEEEEEEEROOOOOO pick up this american slang because of tv and the net and all that and constantly misuse it because we don't understand it oh um the falling raaaaaiiinn days of raaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyn GRAVES

ALL SHARE THIS PAIN

GRAVES THE ROAD IS LITTERED WITH GRAVES

Anyway you feel things and emotion is the tool of your instincts it puts you in line and when you do what it wants you to do it rewards you with some temporary high and when you do something it doesn't want you to do (like not fuck hah) it makes you miserable YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT RIGHT NOW I AM TYPING THIS AND MY FACE HAS NO EXPRESSION ON IT

I AM TAKEN WITH MOCK EMOTION shhh quiet don't tell anyone. I know the secret song now. They wouldn't tell me but SOMEHOW I FOUND OUT

I am not feeling well. And it's exactly the point.

So, if you direct your life according to emotion. To being happy. All of the time. I DO NOT AGREE WITH SUCH TALK AS THIS. FIRST, A JOKE:

What do you get when you cross as the mackup goes on and covers up the scar. Something I couldn't make out. DEATH TO THE CLOWN

DEATH TO THE CLOWN

I am not hard to follow if you're me.

...then can you claim to actually be free? Is there any choice in judging A while under A's influence? Do you have any control or does your dick have all any control reverse cymbal!!1111

Oh boy can he play guitar.

I feel horrible without her. but there is reason in doing this. Is there any reason in ejaculation. no. no nobonoiuhh BONO I FYCKING HATE BONO LOL DEATH TO THE CLOWN

DEAATH TO THE CLOWN!

haha I like your avatr by the way- so I save you from yourself only I do not because I'm confused as well and even worse - a horrible fate - I am a theoretic of my own beliefs because I am weak.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 02:02 AM       
That was actually the easiest thing to understand you have writtend all night.
Mocker

Old Dec 24th, 2003, 02:11 AM       
No it's not smart to say so. I stop now.