Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:18 PM        Wow, wonder why this hasnt been reported?
I guess because Arnold groping some chicks back in the day and Rush's trials are more important than WMD?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...4,00050004.htm

Kuwait foils smuggling of chemicals, bio warheads from Iraq
Associated Press
Kuwait City, October 2

Kuwaiti security authorities have foiled an attempt to smuggle $60 million worth of chemical weapons and biological warheads from Iraq to an unnamed European country, a Kuwaiti newspaper said on Wednesday.
The pro-Government Al-Siyassah, quoting an unnamed security source, said the suspects had been watched by security since they arrived in Kuwait and were arrested "in due time." It did not say when or how the smugglers entered Kuwait or when they were arrested.

The paper said the smugglers might have had accomplices inside Kuwait. It said Interior Minister Sheik Nawwaf Al Ahmed Al Sabah would hand over the smuggled weapons to an FBI agent at a news conference, but did not say when.

Government officials could not be immediately reached for comment.

Iraqi Interior Minister Nouri Al-Badran met on Tuesday with Sheik Nawwaf and discussed cooperation between the two countries in security matters. His visit is the first by an Iraqi interior minister to Kuwait since 1990.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:26 PM       
I don't know Vince, ask your president, who's got the world breathing down his neck about finding himself some damn dirty WMDs.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:42 PM       
I don't know for certain why no coverage, but I''ll make an educated guess.

Since the story ran on the AP wire 22 hours ago and only one English language paper has gone with it;

Since the claims made it in have yet to be verified hand the only source given is a single 'unamed security source';

since finally after all this time actually finding the 'smoking gun' would be huge major news;

I'm going to guess that their has been absolutely no corroboration of this story, let alone further evidence. All the media were burned repreatedly by 'smoking gun' WMD stories. IF this story is true it has certainly not been verified. It it had been, you can be certain there would have been a live whitehouse press conference.

It is CERTAINLY not because Rush Limbaugh quit and Arnold apologized.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:52 PM       
I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't pan out, but it'd be nice to know that our efforts weren't/aren't wasted.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:43 PM       
Your efforts aren't being wasted, don't worry. You're getting your oil.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:58 PM       
is it not typical that escapees and business partners move goods when they can?

surely the feds know before the ap has heard they just got $385 billion to plan on the other week.

i thought it was predicted that the mayhem of war would destabilize what was the inspection that needed our help to find the last 1% of the wmds.. oh well impatience causes massive casualties, collateral damage.. murder, crimes, on and on, bah fking cannibals
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:13 PM       
"STOCKPILES"
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:32 PM       
I'm beginning to think that Bush's "stockpiles" actually meant "piles of stock." I mean, they haven't found hide nor hair of any WMD, but they sure as hell found bundles of cash and U.S. bonds.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:47 AM       
Well I as much as I want this to be true, I find a few things peculiar about it. First of all the reports are coming from Kuwait. Second of all, they're saying the materials were on their way to Europe... it's far more likely these things are going to end up in Syria, or Lybia, or a few other places before someone tries to assemble a lab in Europe. Finally, they claim is that they found 60,000 worth of materials.... but our government wants to pledge another 300 thousand (if i heard correctly) towards finding these same weapons. No logic there. I'm of the camp that suspects whatever weapons weren't destroyed were hidden in Lebanon, or Syria...but I doubt there was much to hide.