Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 04:03 PM        Rush Limbaugh: Dope Fiend
At some point over the last 20 years, I'll bet someone has heard Rush's show an said, "Man, that guy's gotta be on drugs if he believes what he says." To that theoretical person, I say, "You were rights, sir/madam."

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/...ugh/index.html

Limbaugh admits addiction to pain medication
Friday, October 10, 2003 Posted: 1942 GMT ( 3:42 AM HKT)

(CNN) -- Rush Limbaugh announced on his radio program Friday that he was addicted to pain medication and that he was checking himself into a treatment center immediately.

"You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life," the conservative commentator said in a statement on his nationally syndicated radio show.

"I need to tell you today that part of what you have heard and read is correct. I am addicted to prescription pain medication."

Law enforcement sources said last week that Limbaugh's name had come up during an investigation into a black market drug ring in Palm Beach County, Florida. The sources said that authorities were looking into the illegal sales of the prescription drugs OxyContin and hydrocodone.

Limbaugh, who has a residence in Palm Beach County, was named by sources as a possible buyer. He was not the focus of the investigation, according to the sources.

The radio talk show host said he first became addicted to painkillers "some years ago," following spinal surgery. However, he added, "the surgery was unsuccessful and I continued to have severe pain in my lower back and also in my neck due to herniated discs. I am still experiencing that pain."

He had tried to break his dependence in the past and has checked himself into medical facilities twice before, he said.

Limbaugh said that he is "not making any excuses" and that he is "no role model."

"I refuse to let anyone think I am doing something great here, when there are people you never hear about, who face long odds and never resort to such escapes. They are the role models," he said.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:17 PM        wow
As much as I don't like the guy, I can feel for him on this one. I participated in a pain medication study for oxycontin (I'm deathly allergic to codeine so I was being used as an extreme-end random subject) and there is an unbelievable physical and mental addiction to the drug.

Hopefully the rehab will work.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:18 PM       
Man, what a dumbass.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:24 PM       
I have an aunt addicted to OxyContin, its not pretty what it does to you after a while. With her it caused several mental problems to surface.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:29 PM       
I think this kind of thing happens quite often, and would not wish it on anybody.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:37 PM       
I hope that Conservatives seriously consider whether or not their children should be listening to a man like this.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:58 PM       
Quote:
Limbaugh said that he is "not making any excuses" and that he is "no role model."
- I admire a stand-up type guy that's man enough to face up to his short comings...

Quote:
The radio talk show host said he first became addicted to painkillers "some years ago," following spinal surgery. However, he added, "the surgery was unsuccessful and I continued to have severe pain in my lower back and also in my neck due to herniated discs. I am still experiencing that pain."
- What a fuckin' double-talkin' hippo-crite! Al Franken was right all along - Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:58 PM        Rush
I am of course waiting for the outpouring of "Well, addiction can happen to good people too....."

And yes, it does....

But....glass house.....stones.....bad aim......just not a good combination.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 07:29 PM       
Addiction can happen to bad people too! Like me, and you should all be happy

Cause i am

Where did I leave my syringe?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 08:19 PM       
It's still in your arm.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 10:10 PM       
I wonder if he will change his stance about drug offenders now that he's actually gone through it himself.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 10:22 PM       
You know, I heard someone say once that RUSH LIMBAUGH WAS NOT A FUCKING POLITICAL GENIUS, HE WAS A COMEDIAN.

I think I heard that on Rush Limbaugh's show.

OMG, ALL OF YOU TOOK HIM TOO SERIOUSLY.

hahah, jackass's.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 11:49 PM       
I feel sorry for the people who took him seriously...and believed in everything he said.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 09:43 AM       
Funny
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 11:40 AM       
i wonder as jeanette did.. if rush deserves any respect he WILL change his toon.

"I refuse to let anyone think I am doing something great here, when there are people you never hear about, who face long odds and never resort to such escapes. They are the role models"

yea? will he repeat things like that and show any respect for the people he so easily judges on his shows? i doubt he'll change his tune but the "lambasting" should wait till we find out whether he's learned anything now that one of his skeletons has been outed in this fashion. it's hard to respect a frothing at the mouth hypocrite.

he's been a ruthless polarizing force in the past smearing anyone who cares about low income peoples, the environment, or a host of other concerns, i sincerely hope he tones it down.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 12:54 PM       
On a related note, Tommy Chong is serving time in prison for selling bongs.
BANNED

Old Oct 11th, 2003, 05:44 PM       
THEY ARE BONGS, THEY ARE WATER PIPES. THATS THE KIND OF ATTITUDE THAT GETS PEOPLE THROWN IN JAIL.
Little Monster
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 07:00 PM       
Yeah, yeah, and pigs can fly.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 02:14 PM       
So last night I see this guy who has a "Rush is ON" bumper sticker, and I felt like asking "Oh yeah? Well the real question is what he's on, right!!??"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.....
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 02:18 PM       
Quote:
You know, I heard someone say once that RUSH LIMBAUGH WAS NOT A FUCKING POLITICAL GENIUS, HE WAS A COMEDIAN.
he's like andy kaufman: avant-garde comedian!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 02:39 PM       
Ya know, Matt Drudge made a great point about this on Buchanan & Press. Many critics of Limbaugh would like to pretend that there aren't legions of maniacs and idiots who listen to this man, yet when this story broke, look at the press it received! He's on the front page of News week! EVERYBODY is talking about this guy, does it create a contradiction on the Right, will he bounce back, how will he feel towards drug addicts such as HIMSELF now, etc.

I think it's hysterical how the Left is reacting. I think, of course, he's a rotten hypocrite, but he is human. Maybe this will give him greater empathy.
BANNED

Old Oct 12th, 2003, 03:52 PM       
Next we'll find out about the little boys he keeps in his attic.
Little Monster
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 04:24 PM       
I sure hope he has more empathy for drug users. If he doesn't, it'll make him look awfully stupid.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 04:53 PM       
So what Kevin is saying is that only maniacs and idiots listen to Rush Limbaugh, which means there is a minimum of 20 Million idiots in America. Registered, that is.
Little Monster
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 05:01 PM       
Interesting.

Quote:
Limbaugh lasted only a year in college. He jokes that he flunked Public Speaking. Actually, he got a “D,” his speaking teacher, Dr. Bill Stacy, told NEWSWEEK. Limbaugh’s father maneuvered him into the communications class, hoping his son would like it enough to stay in college and eventually become a lawyer. Limbaugh was more interested in riffing off the top of his head. “You need to make an outline. You need some data to support your assertions,” Stacy told young Limbaugh. “Frankly, he wouldn’t do those things.”