Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 12:59 PM        Digital Cameras
I've been wanting a digital camera for a while. Naturally, I'm looking for one that:

a) Has good image quality
b) Has decent storage ability
c) Is reasonably priced
d) Possibly has webcam options.

I don't know the first thing about digital cameras, so I figured I'd ask you guys.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 07:35 PM       
I like Kodaks Not necessarily for the quality(which is damn fine), but because they replaced my damaged battery receptacle for free, after it was way past warranty

-willie
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 08:53 PM       
I got an Olympus 3.2 megapixel doojer (it's the stylus that they advertise on TV, without the golden logo) for $310. That's a very reasonable price for a DG cam, but you're gonna be looking for another $60 to drop on a good-sized memory card. You can score a 128 for pretty cheap, and the whole package should cost you just under $400 if you don't bother with the carrying case and other useless shit. I forget exactly what an MPX is, but for the extra $60, the 4.0 mpx stylus isn't really worth it. 3.2 will display a picture un-fucking-believably sharp at 1024 x 728 with no problem. The camera has a great set of options, too, but only a few filters.

If you're looking for something cheaper, you can always get one of those old-school ones with the floppy drive in them. They take smaller pictures (800 x 600, i think?) and you've got a pretty much unlimited memory supply at a much, much cheaper rate. I don't know that much about them, other than that Kodak makes them and they've got a nice set of filters. I used one to take pictures of my trip downtown.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 09:14 PM       
they have ones that use mini-cdrs too those are cooool

-willie
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 11:26 PM       
My buddy has one that takes 3 minute video's with sound, very cool to edit and make short movies.
OH GOD
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 11:35 PM       
I can take a 30 minute one because I have a big memory card

-willie