Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM       
And there is no Dead Rising, Saints Row, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Dead or Alive 4, or Lego Star Wars.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:01 PM       
good news console fan boys! the genre that carried a lot of the ps2's sales at launch is now coming to PS3 AND XBOX360.

im talking ofcourse about the GTA series.

im surprised no one has mentioned it already.

it takes place in liberty city, the same town as the first 3 i believe. this time you play as a russian trying to make it big in america. Judging from some screens I've seen this modeled heavily after NY, I even saw the statue of liberty in one screen. yea i was gonna post more pics but they arent exactly 56k friendly.

another thing to note is that it's running off the rockstar Table Tennis engine. so no more square npcs walking around.
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM       
*bangs head against desk*
zoom
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM       
by the time gta4 hits there will be a GOLD MINE of xb360 games, and then, just maybe, i'll pick one up
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM       
I'm going to tell you right now, the PS3 has some of the best downloadable titles I've ever seen. They've got a huge library of new and older PS1 games on it. The games are fun and it looks like it's going to do well in the near future.

That said, I still own the 360. And it's fuckin' awesome. But the HD DVD is an add-on and it looks like HD DVD is losing the format war. Not like that matters to me, though. I don't have a High Definition television set. The games are awesome, and the Achievement system, though a very small part of the experience, is extremely addicting. I love it.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM       
You think the poor guys going to be able to come to a decision or not?
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM       
Not yet. Keep going.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM       
I think the online play is very good on both. I don't own a PS3, but I played Warhawk at a friend's house. Kicks major ass. I also think the PS3 is a better media center.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM       
If only Xbox Live were free like Playstation Network... However, you DO get what you pay for. I heard the Playstation Network had crazy lag though.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM       
You can now "rent" movies on xbox live. I think I might get fable off of there too :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM       
Yeah, you've always been able to purchase movies for an entire week on XBL... Wow.

I love how they charge more for HD ones as well.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dead View Post
I love how they charge more for HD ones as well.
HD files are much larger in size so it stands to reason they would have higher costs in providing such content.

uhh... I mean M$$$$ YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEEEARRRT!!!
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
HD files are much larger in size so it stands to reason they would have higher costs in providing such content.

uhh... I mean M$$$$ YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEEEARRRT!!!

I doubt it really strains Microsoft that much to put HD videos on their server...

I mean, cmon... These are the guys who shipped the PCs red-headed stepchild with a 10 gig HD...
zoom
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 11:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I'm going to tell you right now, the PS3 has some of the best downloadable titles I've ever seen. They've got a huge library of new and older PS1 games on it. The games are fun and it looks like it's going to do well in the near future.

while this is a neat feature, it would never be a selling point for me. im not spending $600 on a console so i REPLAY crash bandicoot or spyro the dragon. now, if they're free downloads then hell yeah.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:22 AM       
How do you think companies like Microsoft came to be so big? Not by giving stuff away for free or at a lower cost when they knew people would pay more for it...dummy!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:51 AM       
Yep. The big 3 companies are all doing it now but I think that nintendo is fucking us the worst. It's not a huge deal for microsoft to charge roughly 12 bucks for a downloadable xbox game, but I hate paying 5 bucks for a fucking nes game. Yeah, a lot of them are classics, but I can't help but feel horribly ripped off.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM       
I especially hated how nintendo charged us $40 for six Metal Slug games, when microsoft only charges you $12 for one.
The Wolf
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM       
Yeah, but what you gotta love them for having controls that everyone adores and allowing online play for all of their games.

What I DO hate about nintendo though, is that they have so many others games that take up my time BEFORE I EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A COMPILATION DISC OF GOOD GAMES. I only wish more games would feature mario!

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I especially hated how nintendo charged us $40 for six Metal Slug games, when microsoft only charges you $12 for one.
Wasn't it SNK who made Metal Slug? Now I'm confused.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:16 PM       
METAL SLUG
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM       
it was a joke, guys. zomboid tried to turn it around on me, but somewhere along the line forgot that jokes should be funny.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM       
I didn't get it. "B" for effort.
The Unicorn
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM       
Zomboid is like "NINTENDO GAMES TEND TO HAVE MARIO IN THEM IN SOME CAPACITY!"I think that was the joke.
The Wolf
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM       
Yeah, and their current game library sucks, I hear the controls for the metal slug compilation sucks, and chojin has a nintendo buttplug, which has "innovative features" that are all flash and no substance. He told me that last part in his secret santa letter. Oh, and online play is pretty much non-existent.

I like mario galaxy, but it's the first game I've played for wii where the controls feel natural and not like they were forced in as kind of an after thought and just really end up being really terrible.

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM       
What about RE4? Granted, just about everyone has played it on some other system, but it seems like the aiming at least would work alright with the wiimote.