Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 01:31 PM        Matrix Online
How is this game? Did anyone play beta? That last beta event sounded pretty damn cool. I'm somewhat thinking of trying this game out but not really sure if I want to.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM       
It is gay when compared to WoW.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 03:58 PM       
I dunno, I've been hearing a lot of good things about it actually. I also thought it was interesting that they hired 20 actors to play the game constantly as various character roles who will interact with the other players and make the story progress.

Either way, it sounds more interesting than the usual "swords, dragons, and magic" that are found in most games of this nature. :P
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 04:01 PM       
plus the setting is more appropriate for the internet-speak that would otherwise totally ruin the vibe
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 04:03 PM       
lol
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM       
oh man that post alone was worth the six dollars
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 04:17 PM       
yeah I thought it looked pretty interesting and the info from the beta event sounded awesome.

Quote:
Apparently, the last three days were the most intense of the experience, and the final day was described by Jeff as "very apocalyptic." He said that agents began to surface all over the place, and fought players till the end. At one point, they even selected random players, called to them by name, and hunted them down. They'd say things like, "You cannot hide, Orexis. The matrix is not safe, even for exiles." In some cases, a group would form around the player in danger, and everyone would join together in a defensive effort against the agents. It was really something to see.

Numbered agents played by developers appeared also. When a numbered agent attacked someone, they'd be flagged for open PvP. This would pretty much ensure a character's doom. Agents also started spreading a flame virus to players, which added to the chaos caused by the death of Morpheus, the sky turning red, and other storyline events. The Matrix Online's own radio station, Radio Free Zion, covered the whole thing, with correspondents all over the game, delivering live updates. All of this commotion ended with players being crushed and compacted. Here's a video of a player named Unshra being killed by such a smashing.

Jeff said, "Basically the chain of events was...Morpheus killed, Zion breaks truce, Machines send agents, skies have eyes, more agents, more eyes, flame virus shows up, open PvP starts, skies turn red, numbered agents start killing, skies clear, blue beam appears, characters crushed, beta ends. There were also rumors of Morpheus being alive again, Neo flying around, and Agent Smith...but none could be verified." However, it should be noted that this story was exclusive to the beta, and will not be the one used when the game reopens on March 22. Read more about the game in Jeff's full impression before I come to your house and murder you.

Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM       
My cousin is the lead writer/PR dude for the game Second Life, and he knows the Matrix Online developers. He got offered a Alpha and Beta versions. He was going to see if he could hook me up with a Beta, but we both got busy. He says it was cool looking.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 05:16 PM       
Off topic: I tryed "Second Life" and "There." Have a lifetime membership to "There." Creating stuff is cool.

Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 11:20 PM       
I just want to saw that this is what the machines want you to do.

I must admit, it is the best movie video game, because it's very true to the source. A bunch of people living in a digital world.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 11:43 PM       
omg i get it

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.