Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 11:56 PM        Old Friends
I originally was going to post this in Loveline, but this doesn't really have to do with Romantic Relationships.

Two years ago, I was contacted by a director whose work I'd admired after I'd written a paean to his work in an online journal a year and a half before. He asked me if I was still working on the script I was talking about in the journal. At the time, I was workshopping it with a professor at school. So I told I would send it to him once it was done.

A few months later, I was scheduled to go down to NYC on a day trip. At the time, he'd been working on another video, and decided to do post in NYC. I asked if we could meet. The night before we were supposed to meet, he gave me a call. I'd tried to work my mom's cell phone, but couldn't, so I e-mailed the number. He didn't have a chance to access his e-mail, so sadly we didn't meet the next day. The day after, he emailed me explaining this, but still wanted to meet me sometime. But that was the last I'd heard from him.

For several more months, I continued to send him e-mails regarding the progress of my projects, but he never wrote back. After awhile, I decided to put him behind me. Or so I thought.

Then last August, while waiting on feedback for my latest script, I began work on a script outline for a Christopher Guest-style mockumentary just to kill time. Since I know I would never have any chance of selling it, I affirmed myself that it would be a birthday present for an actor. (His birthday is on Halloween.) For reasons I won't go into, I decided not to give it to this actor. For other reasons, I decided not to write any more screenplays for the time being.

A week later, it dawned on me. Why not send it to the director as a Thank You gift? A couple of weeks before, I managed to look up several famous people's addresses in the Cornell Directory. My cousin attends this guy's alma mater, so I had him look up his address. A little over two weeks ago, I sent him his gift. I paid for delivery confirmation, because the address in the Alumni Directory dated back to 1999. According to the US Postal Service, his package arrived the Saturday after I sent it. I want to assume he's busy working right now.

But I am also really anxious to hear from this guy again. I want to assume he's been busy for the last 18 months, but I wonder if I did something to alienate him. I mean, I don't think I've done anything to alienate him. But I'd like to keep him in my life even though I'm not pursuing screenwriting right now. Sometimes I wonder if at this point, if I really want to hear from him again. I've kinda grown accustomed to the mirage.

I've thought about giving him a phone call, marking a month from today (11/18) as the D-Day, to give him a little more time. But again, I'm hesitant. After all...
  • *I don't want to seem like a stalker. I mean, I haven't heard anything from this guy in 18 months.
    *He could just be busy, and I might just be impatient. After all, it's only been two weeks since I've sent the package to him.
    *The number my cousin gave me is five years old. For all I know, he may have switched his number.

I feel very confused right now. I have all kinds of reasons to be pissed off right now (like, being unemployed), yet this irritates me more than anything. Why? Am I wrong to feel this way?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 08:49 AM       
Quote:
but he never wrote back. After awhile, I decided to put him behind me. Or so I thought.
:/
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 09:01 AM       
Get dark sunglasses and sit outside his house in an old car. Take pictures of his kids.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 10:38 AM       
Sometimes it's always good to feel closure in these situations. Just for your sake. I would e-mail (only-nothing else) and let him know how you feel and why your angry. Then I would let it go and "write" him out of your personal script.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 11:20 AM       
I would just call and see what's up. If the number doesn't work, try plugging his address into google to get a new phone number.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 11:33 AM       
At this point, I would just forget about it... :/

Old Oct 18th, 2004, 11:36 AM       
QUITTERS NEVER WIN

AND WINNERS NEVER DO DRUGS

AND DRUGS GIVE MINORITIES POWER

AND POWER CORRUPTS

AND CRIME DOESN'T PAY

I SEE YOUR PYRAMID SCHEME
Ricky Glue is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 01:00 PM       
Who said stalking was bad? If they take you to court, you could just say it was self defense.....that one ALWAYS works.

What pokemon are YOU?
Little Monster
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 12:02 AM       
Quote:
I would e-mail (only-nothing else) and let him know how you feel and why your angry.
I'm not particularly angry with this guy. Judging from the e-mails we exchanged, he doesn't seem to be the confrontational type, so I don't want to go there.

I may take up on Chojin's advice. But I'm still going to allow myself some time and make the call when I planned on doing so. I'll probably work on my novel to occupy myself.
Little Monster
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:11 AM       
I sent him an e-mail tonight.

Nothing too bitter, just talking about how I'm going to write a book about my spec experiences and that I was going to use his e-mails.

Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:12 AM       
I'd jus' call, yo.
Little Monster
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:14 AM       
Four...more...weeks!!

Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:21 AM       
I'd just be like, 'Hey, man. What's up.'

That's what I'd be like.
Little Monster
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:31 AM       
In a PO'ed way, or in a casual way?
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:49 AM       
Dont sound pissed off, the guy barely knows you and will just think you're weird. He is probably just a busy guy who reads lots of scripts sent to him etc. He probably got in touch with you cos he was flattered by your article, but beyond that he is probably not going to be much help to you if he hasnt contacted you. If he doesnt reply to your email just let it go.
Little Monster
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 10:39 AM       
He mainly does music videos and commercials. I think he was excited because nobody gives him scripts to read.

Thanks for the advice, Chojin and Dole.

Goldensoldier is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
AND WINNERS NEVER DO DRUGS
Ok, i think im done becuase i want to be a winner! From here on out i will be free! On 10-22-04 is the day i stop. Yes i have seen the light! Ok serious im done with it, need good grades yeah!

Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:58 PM       
You're not a winner, though, so you can do all the drugs you want.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:59 PM       
i was gonna do that joke but i almost got in trouble at work for internetting
Little Monster
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 12:11 AM       
You know, I almost called him yesterday, but I didn't.

The alumni directory phone number dates back to 1999, and I'm afraid I'd have the wrong number. And frankly, I just can't work up the nerve, because I'm so afraid he'll hang up.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 09:53 AM       
You suck.
Little Monster
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 12:35 PM       
Yeah, I know.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 02:02 AM       
just call him, and if it's the wrong number, it's the wrong number. if it isn't the wrong number, then you can just pass it off as seeing if he recieved your package, and see if that sparks any conversation.