Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:02 PM       
I hate ******s and spics and chinks. I think we should send them all back to Africa or Mexico or whereever they caqme from and nuke the whole place.

I'm not a racist or anything.
Mocker
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:03 PM       
OK, the forum filter just made me spit water all over my monitor.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:03 PM       
ok
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:09 PM       
I like you, Blanco, but you're being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. I'll leave it there.

And Chojin, bless you for the filter. It brings me much joy.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:19 PM       
i liked it better when it'd censor more things than ****** :<
Mocker
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 07:33 PM       
I may have stretched it a little, but my point was that all the stuff Max posted would make someone believe he thinks some big conspiracy is going on. That one little sentence in the middle of it doesn't change it.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 11:19 AM       
" You even decided to tie the terms "neocons" "powermongers" and robber barrons" together."

I have no problem there. I could also add in "Born again brown shirts" and "war profiteers" without loosing any sleep or implying conspiracy. You lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

"Whether that was all subconsious or not, you tried to imply that the administration is trying to pull a whole bunch of fast ones and using Shiavo as a smoke screen."

That's your reading of it, and I find it quite revealing. All I did was cut n' paste some of my first finds from a list of top stories, which is why I included the guy from Crowded house croaking. If you see in a list of major news stories nothing but things the administration might want to sweep under the rug I would suggest that maybe I have a point.

Again: I suggest nothing so coherent as a conspiracy. Instead I suggest a managament style that features a strong desire that people do not look to closely at ANYTHING IT DOES. I am not the first person to associatte this administration with a culture of secrecy. I think if you asked W at a Press conference what color his tie was he'd find a way not to answer. It's reflexive. And I think the steroid hearings and the Schiavo case are bread and circuses.
Mocker
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 11:34 AM       
Quote:
Here's the other way in which the cyncical circus surrounding Terry Schiavo and her families misery serves politicians.

All the noise drowns out things that are happening in the world and our country. If all the water cooler message board talk is centered around Schiavo (and more fool us if it is) think of all the things that go unnoticed by the general public. I'm not alleging specific conspiracy. I'm saying that a widespread highly emotional fog is a very good thing for Robber Barrons, power mongers and Neocons.
So ,where did you cut and paste that one from?

Quote:
That's your reading of it, and I find it quite revealing. All I did was cut n' paste some of my first finds from a list of top stories, which is why I included the guy from Crowded house croaking.
Oh get off of it. Thats exactly where you were going with this. You word it just so there is only one direction we can go with it.

Chomsky tries the same bullshit better and I don't buy it from him.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 03:56 PM       
A paralysed man in the US has become the first person to benefit from a brain chip that reads his mind.

Matthew Nagle, 25, was left paralysed from the neck down and confined to a wheelchair after a knife attack in 2001.

The pioneering surgery at New England Sinai Hospital, Massachusetts, last summer means he can now control everyday objects by thought alone.

The brain chip reads his mind and sends the thoughts to a computer to decipher.

Mind over matter

He can think his TV on and off, change channels and alter the volume thanks to the technology and software linked to devices in his home.

Scientists have been working for some time to devise a way to enable paralysed people to control devices with the brain.

Studies have shown that monkeys can control a computer with electrodes implanted into their brain.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 10:21 AM       
" think of all the things that go unnoticed by the general public."

All the things. ALL the things. ALL the THINGS. Not speciffic diabolical plans, not secret, shadowy plots, ALL THE THINGS! Does Terry Schiavo affect your pocket book, your job security, our energy consupmtion, our relationship with other world powers, nuclear proliferation, global warming, weapons sales, the skyrocketing costs of gasoline and college tuition, the appointment of someone who hates the UN to the ambassadorship, the appointment of a non economist who was totally wrong about Iraq in every way to head the world bank, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc? This is not about taking your eye off the ball, this is about forgetting theres even a game going on.

My opinion is that general mass ignorance serves Neoconservatism. And don't just take it from me, take it from them! Cross reference the phrases "Neoconservatism' and 'Noble lie' and see what you come up with.

It isn't a conspiracy, it's a tactic. If the public is all frothed up about issues like steroids in baseball, the ten commandments in courthouse, the word 'God' in the Pledge of allegiance, gay marriage and other such fiddle dee dee, then no one pays much attention to ANYTHING (not speciffic plots) going on in the world.

In a little over two years, the folks currently running this country are going to move into high paying lobbying jobs, leaving the country in massive debt and hip deep in a war with no exit strategy. I also think they're going to leave their own party pretty much in tatters as well, not that the Democrats have anything resembling a spine in a suit ready to do anything, and they're just as happy with mass idiocy as anyone else, they just can't find a way to spin it.

While I'm flattered you'd compare me to Chomsky at all, I'm not a fan and I promise you I' more fun at parties than he is.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:53 PM       
Okay so how is it that this fog doesn't serve Liberals and Democrats as well?

I always have a problem with the implication the media is protecting or placating the neoconservatives. That is what you're suggesting, and that is a conspiracy theory. I've worked in Broadcasting, and watched stories go to air. The people at the newsdesk who picked the stories which were covered were always these die hard liberals.