Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:35 PM       
This thread has made me desire 2 things:

1. A minimock with Rog tearfully setting an insect free because he knows it's for the best (and Protoclown dying somehow).

2. Misinformation Man
3. sex
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:09 PM       
The reason I don't pick up spiders and set them outside is that THOSE FUCKERS BITE. So they're better off dead.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM       
Yeah, I just kill those little motherfuckers without mercy. If they want to spin webs, they can do it outside where they actually catch food, and not in the middle of my fucking sink.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
2. Misinformation Man
I miss him.

And I think you should be able to forgive someone for freaking out over wolf spiders. I mean geez.

The only insects I don't kill, are the ones bigger than me, and ladybugs. Although, one time I picked up a ladybug to put it out the window, and it suffocated in my hand. I'm going to burn in hell forever now.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM       

Goliath "Bird Eating" Tarantula
The Goliath Tarantula lives in South America and can reach a body length of 5 inches with a leg span of up to 12 inches. When threatened, this trantula is capable of making a loud hissing noise by rubbing the hairs on its legs together.

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
This thread has made me desire 2 things:

1. A minimock with Rog tearfully setting an insect free because he knows it's for the best (and Protoclown dying somehow).
Proto always has to die in minimocks. It's tradition. But yeah, I'm always catching a bug of some sort every week to that Re won't stay up all night wondering if a bug will drop onto her from the ceiling during her slumber. Those long-legged centipede mofos can be pretty speedy, I'm the king of catching bugs now.

As for spiders, I love 'em. They've never bothered me and I think they eat all the annoying bugs that would normally be in my house. So I gladly welcome them to stay in our home. I used to catch spiders all the time... especially black widows. When I was a kid I always wanted to be an entomologist because all I ever did was catch bugs, put them in giant aquariums and see how they could live together... or kill each other. I had like every bug book on earth.

"I'm very paaaaaassionate"

-RoG-

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:46 PM       
I have no problem killing them when they are on the ground. That's easy. It's when they are dangling or somewhere where my leverage won't be good and as soon as I take the shoe or whatever away, they will spring their attack on me. And I'm short.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:55 PM       
And just in case some of you never saw these photos, here's what someone found behind their clock. o.O

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:58 PM       

It's my turn to admit fears.

I'm okay with most insects, because most insects are small and easily avoided if they are gross or dangerous, but I seriously loose my shit if there are BIG insects running loose. Fortunately, Canada's climate is too cold to support big insects.
UP_SHUT is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 12:21 AM       
Holy shit. If I ever found a spider of that size behind a clock I would burn all of my belongings, just to make sure I'd never find one of those fuckers hiding again.

I hate any type of bug that I magically "find" somewhere. One time I was sorting through a bunch of old crap in my basement (which consisted of mostly old paper) and I saw a millipede crawl out from under the paper I was holding. I was done cleaning for a long, long time. Even worse, somehow a demonic beetle thing (I'm talking one with praying mantis claws and all) got stuck in a screwhole in my light socket before. I'm guessing it was trying to crawl out of the wall and got stuck. I went to plug something in, and this...THING! hisses and tries to bite me. I spared no mercy.

I will kill anything that scares me.
Wealth of Knowledge
Misinformation Man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 12:56 AM       
DID YOU KNOW:

Spider webs are a more potent source of venom than an actal bite. You would have to create a liquid solution out of the webs, of course.

By the by, the fellow who hosted my image has apparently chosen not to do so anymore. Could anyone direct me to an alternative?
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 01:06 AM       
Bugs totally freak me out (except flies pretty much), and I have to kill them when I see them. But after that I feel really bad
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 03:29 AM       
Spiders don't do anyhting to me, if see them, I just get annoyed by them, or fascinated. When they fascinate me, I watch them crawl around for a while, and then I try to remove them without any hurting and stuff. When they annoy me, I pick them up in a paper and crush them slowly.

I'm a mean bastard
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 09:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopa
Anyway this thread reminded me that I tried to take a photo of one of the most recent centipedes we had. It is hard to photograph something through tupperware
OMG that's a silver fish and I fucking hate them, I found one 3 inches long at my friends house and all night I had the willies like it had crawled up my bum!

I fucking hate bugs, I scream and run like a bitch when I see wasps and I make Declan take all spiders and put them outside whilst I hide in the tub.

One time, I lived in a basement apartment at Carlaw and Eastern (shout out to my Toronto buddies ) and this crackhead moved in upstairs and brought a SHIT LOAD of roaches with her. My apartment turned into that Creepshow 'They're Creeping Up On You' bit. I'd turn on a hair dryer and it'd crunch and they'd come flying out all broken up, I put a cat dish in the sink to clean, and when I turned around for 2 seconds it'd be filled with a swarm of them. But the worst was when I went in the back room and pulled a 6ftx5ft Sid Vicious poster down, and the ENTIRE surface behind it was crawling with them, and they started to fall down on my bare feet and ankles. All the while I'm BEGGING my landlord to fumigate, and he refused (this happened over the course of a week). After 7 days of this I hightailed it to a new place.

That was a low
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 10:10 AM       
The other day I was staring at my computer screen while running my mantra "I MUST BE A ROBOT DESTROY ALL EMOTION BURN WITH THE FIRE OF DETERMINATION" over and over again in my mind when a bigass bee sorta crashed on the back of my head (it came from the window) and then buzzed in front of my face and I screamed like a little girl and did a jumping dodge from my chair to the bed and then jumped about for 20 goosebump-filled seconds. Then I threw my shoes at it until I got it.

It was funny

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 10:26 AM       
oh shit silverfish!!! I HATE those things too. Those are definitely on the 'do not let get away' list. Those photos are actually of a centipede but I can kinda see how it looks like a silverfish.

exhibit A - a silverfish:

exhibit B - a centipede (house variety):

My parents house always has silverfish. Those little pincher things are scary.

My first apartment had a lot of cockroaches and fleas, nothing like what you described at that apartment you were in. I couldn't have stayed for 5 minutes, I would have died if there were that many roaches.

One last thing... flies are not scary but they are disgusting. I love that part in the High Strung movie when he talks about flies
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 10:57 AM       
oh weird, if I saw a centipede like that I'd barf!

Yeah it was awful in my apartment, I took my dog and went to a friends house until I could find a new place, but I had to go back every day to feed/take care of my cats. I kept them in the bedroom which was the only room devoid of bugs, and I through out 80% of my furniture when I moved.

I was a nightmare, honest to god.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 11:51 PM       
Hmm
My house has quite a bit of roaches right now because it's old, they live mostly in the garage but i see one in th ebathroom occasionally and one in the kitches. I just nod and say high, and we go ouor seperate ways. I just don't like when they watch me pee, homosexual roaches

Aren't centipedes "Poisonous" or something? I thought I remembered hearing that in like 3rd grade or something. And what do the silver thingis do?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 12:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_SHUT
Even worse, somehow a demonic beetle thing (I'm talking one with praying mantis claws and all) got stuck in a screwhole in my light socket before. I'm guessing it was trying to crawl out of the wall and got stuck. I went to plug something in, and this...THING! hisses and tries to bite me. I spared no mercy.

I will kill anything that scares me.
Oh I know what that is. That's just a male stag beetle. They hiss only to frighten off potential predators. They are harmless, but their their jaws can give you a little pinch if you annoy them.
If you find one in your house you should probably get the wood inspected. They live in dead wood.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 12:54 AM       
Quote:
Spiders, I hate. Stingy bad bugs, I fear.
hate is based in fear.

fear-purging:
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 01:13 AM       

FeuerAffe is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 01:42 AM       
This thread made my house full of bugs.

Little pseudoscorpions keep turning up...they're cool though when they crawl backwards.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 04:47 AM       
Spiders creep me out, maybe its because they have many eyes and its like they can see you ALL the time >_<;;
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 03:21 PM       
a spider will most likely have no more than 8 eyes, but it's actually been found in some species of tarantulas, like cave dewlling species, that they have less, like 6, 4, 2, or even none!

and i'll admit... the only type of insect that really freaks me out is a centipede... but spiders?

ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 12:38 PM       
my (ex) best friend has been deathly afraid of spiders ever since she was a kid. her dad killed this humongous one in their garage and thousands of baby spiders crawled out everywhere. she wouldn't even watch the movie arachnaphobia yet i saw her grab hold of a SNAKE as it was trying to flee under the refrigerator of our friends' lake house. a SNAKE. when one tiny baby spider makes her heart stop. wtf?