Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

crash0814 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:12 AM        South Park
A friend of mine and I were having an argument over this: has South Park jumped the shark or is it as good as ever? I took up the latter position. I feel that South Park is still one of the freshest, funniest shows on television today, and it's just as good as it was before, maybe even better. What do you guys think?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 05:34 AM       
I only manage to catch a new episode now and then, but as far as I can tell they haven't lost their edge. Which, considering the ridiculous hyping and merchandising, I find amazing.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 11:58 AM       
If anything I would say it's gotten BETTER with time.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 12:07 PM       
When stuff started going REALLY crazy, I thought they were jumping. Then I rewatched the old episodes, and concluded that the new ones were funnier. The characters are so well-developed now and the tone and form of the show are so established that they can bounce off the walls and go with the show's internal logic without respecting any rules of conventional storytelling. I don't think they should go on for very much longer, though.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 12:18 PM       
The social commentary/criticism seems more scathing and on target than ever in the newer episodes.

hwnd is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:03 PM        As good as it ever was.
Other than episodes 307,308 and 309 (The night of the meteor shower ones), Southpark is and always has been great.

My favorite episode is 'Spontaneous Combustion'
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:30 PM       
Dude, those were the ones with Moses and the Eyes Wide Shut spoof with CATS! They were great!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 02:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
The social commentary/criticism seems more scathing and on target than ever in the newer episodes.
I've noticed that too. And like you said, it's usually spot-on.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 02:23 PM       
Am I the only one that doesn't like South Park?

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 03:12 PM       
Yes.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:38 PM       
I love the new ones. The old ones are still pretty funny too though.

My favorite episode is the christmas one where jesus gets killed.

"There's something you should know about me... I'm packing!" BANG BANG BANG.

pissed off salesman is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:57 PM       
I loved the one where they try to rescue the veal calfs, Because its sends out one important message: If yo dont eat meat you turn into a giant pussy.

SLjimbo is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 12:55 AM       
I enjoy the new episodes more than the old ones. While the first couple of seasons were fine, I like the episodes that were up-to-date with current events.

Anyway, my favorite episode is the "Jared Got Aid(e)s" episode.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash0814
I've noticed that too. And like you said, it's usually spot-on.
So essentially, you're saying "me too!" What a great post to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
Am I the only one that doesn't like South Park?
yes.

Location: I AM NOTHING BUT A PROGRAM...I MUST CONTACT MY USER!
-Gor is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 08:31 PM       
I dont care for South Park but it isnt in my top list of shows.It would probably be in my 3rd.Most of the time if you think your little brains out you can see that all the episodes are followed by guide lines.There is usually two things going on and they usually make 1 or two jokes about Cartman every episode.Kenny usually dies but as you can see sometimes he doesnt die.That is beacause that proves the creators don't want to take time to animate the death sequences.And the art is terrible too.Fuck is mentoined over 2 times each episode.And why is the phrase kick the baby so big?It has only been said in two episodes.And do you know why the snow is white?Yes very slackish those magnifesint bastards are there at SOUTH PARK STUDIOS.I admit,some episodes are so funny they make blood ooze out of your nose.But a majority are just plain the same.So if any one takes the time to look at that then maybe you will catch a fleeting glimpse of what i am talking about.They are rich bastards that just got lucky off their stupid idea,such as other stupid ideas such as poke mon.Oh and i really hate people who do cartman impressions.-GoR-
Mocker
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gor
I dont care for South Park but it isnt in my top list of shows.It would probably be in my 3rd.
What?

Quote:
Most of the time if you think your little brains out you can see that all the episodes are followed by guide lines.There is usually two things going on and they usually make 1 or two jokes about Cartman every episode.
Okay first, hahaha you calling us little-brained hahahah. second, so? That's what kids fucking do. That's what the show is?

Quote:
Kenny usually dies but as you can see sometimes he doesnt die.That is beacause that proves the creators don't want to take time to animate the death sequences.And the art is terrible too.
First you complain that they repeat themselves, and now you're saying that they are too lazy to repeat themselves. They stoped killing Kenny because it was getting OLD. And the art isn't the fucking point of the show, retard. What, would you like the show if the art were great?

Quote:
Fuck is mentoined over 2 times each episode.
How many times do you say fuck each day? It's how people talk. It's not meant to be a joke.

Quote:
And why is the phrase kick the baby so big?It has only been said in two episodes.
Yes, south park fans are stupid. That's still no arguement for the show being bad.

Quote:
And do you know why the snow is white?Yes very slackish those magnifesint bastards are there at SOUTH PARK STUDIOS.
What?

Quote:
I admit,some episodes are so funny they make blood ooze out of your nose.But a majority are just plain the same.
The same how? that they all take place in a mountain town and star kids? They all are the same style? do you expect this show to be like an anthology series with different characters and different settings and styles? Because that seems to be the only thing you're attacking here.

Quote:
So if any one takes the time to look at that then maybe you will catch a fleeting glimpse of what i am talking about.They are rich bastards that just got lucky off their stupid idea,such as other stupid ideas such as poke mon.
Yes they are rich and lucky, but that doesn't make the show bad or a "stupid idea."

Quote:
Oh and i really hate people who do cartman impressions.-GoR-
respect my authoritah, faggot.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 11:39 PM       
LMAO at Gor. A stupider post has never been posted. As for Jixby commenting on my post...uh...fuck you!
Mocker
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 12:02 AM       
Quote:
As for Jixby commenting on my post...uh...fuck you!
another GREAT post

edit: Actually, I feel like a dick because I didn't even see that you started this thread
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 12:27 AM       
I think Gor is still living in 1998.

As jixby already said, the show isn't supposed to be animated by fucking picasso or something. It's not a kids show, and so they don't need flashy animation to keep the target audience hooked. It's a show that relies on it's writing alot more than it's action.

I really can't decide wether the show is funnier now than before, it's a tough comparison. It's evolved into something else. It always had some subtle social commentary, but it wasn't the main focus of the story.

The oldies weren't as smart, but alot funnier in my opinion. Season 2 being my favourite with conjoined fetus lady, prehistoric ice man, chicken lover and a whole bunch of others that are unmatched by any earlier or later episodes.

I think it has enough steam in it to go on strong to the end of this new contract, but I'd like to see it bow out gracefully at that point.

And no, I don't want a movie sequel.
Mocker
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 01:12 AM       
Wow, I think the early episodes SUCK. I thought they were hilarious at the time, but I was fucking 13 at the time. I think Season 2 is the weakest season, too... Season 3 is where the show started getting good.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
Season 2 is a little weak, but it contains my all time favorite episode, Chickenlover.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 01:30 AM       
I did forget to mention that I never watch the old episodes these days, just the new episodes when they air. I do still think that Prehistoric Ice Man was one of the show's best though, even if the painfully obvious joke doesn't work as well anymore.

Season 3 just seemed all over the place to me, with the Meteor-Show episodes, Mary Kay Bergman dying, quite a few poor episodes (Sexual Harassment Panda, Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics, Hooked On Monkey Fonics, The Red Badge Of Gayness.) But the rest of the episodes were very funny and well written.

Christ, the only part of the show that's been poor to me, was that whole switching-members thing during season 6. Good episodes, annoying running-plot. I would have been perfectly happy with Butters or no member at all.

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 03:16 AM       
fuk it.screw my opinion,i will just be a faceless drone and like south park...wooooooooo.South Park is kool.i only kid because i have nothing better to do than watch you take swipes at the newbies.

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 03:39 AM       
I think the movie was pretty cool,
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 04:02 AM       
-Gor, reading your posts is like reading the gravel in my driveway. It's like grammatical diarrhea splattered across my screen. Don't bother posting your stupid opinions if you can't get them across legibly.

As for the show:

"A Gilgamesh vagina is three feet long and filled with razor-sharp teeth! Do you seriously expect us to have sex with them?"

Can't hate that.