Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:10 AM       
1. the african embassies where outside of the USA and while no one likes to see stuff blown up in africa less than i do, lets face facts them there are savage lands, and those things are bound to happen from time to time.

as for OK city, thanks for your evaluation agent mulder.

2. what was the death toll up to? 700 something? nothing compared to the WORST DAY EVER IN AIRLINE AND HI RISE HISTORY, but no one needs to worry about that unexpalined virus that only killed old people and little kids in a nuclear armed country that aint exactly our best buddy cause the only attacks that matter are ones that fuck up a lot of rich people in NYC. wouldn't be too bright to test dispersal patterns with a mild virus to see how public health officails react before using the good stuff.

3. sure, yeah, whatever. we will see who is right on this one soon enough.

4. sorry, was going for a bit of dramatic effect, but in my book ANY DEAD SOLDIERS AT ALL ARE FAR FUCKING TOO MANY TO SETTLE the score between PAPPY Bush and SADDAM.

no wmd, no saddam, no links to al quedea, no nuclear program, etc., billions of dollars spent, one hundred and fiddy some soldiers dead.

smells like victory to me.

5. sure, my speech writer had me utter a complete lie in the state of the union address, but let me change the subject to exlaining exactly how we have yet to bring any of the hi ranking figures in the ENRON or MCI bankruptcies to trial, and how about how we did not screw the old people with the new medicare we are proposing.

george is winna.

:dancyrave thing

6. your mother was not suprised the day the doctors told her you were a retard, the thing that suprised her was that she could actually have given birth out of her rectum.
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:46 AM       
Quote:
anyone remember SARS? anyone notice that NO ONE is talking about it anymore? last thing i heard was that Canada was getting stomped by it again, then nothing. i think sars was a test run for some sort of biologcal attack, and that soon enough the truly nasty shit will be unleashed
I'm from Canada, and we never really got stomped. A couple people in Alberta got sick, I don't think anyone died. A few people, I don't think more than a dozen died in Toronto. I think people figured out that some doctor working in Indochina caught it and brought it back to Canada, and a few people caught it. And its true that only those with weaker immune systems like kids, old people, chemo patients, organ transplantees die from it. We even had a benefit concert last week in Toronto, good fun. I posted on it i the music thread :/
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:55 AM       
i heard about that, guy i work with went and said it was a really good show.

i am not really hung up SARS being a killer virus, but no one has quite explained where it came from. the alarmist in me is concerned.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:57 AM       
let the alarmist in you be turned to more alarming matters, as SARS is quite under control up here.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 09:45 AM       
Quote:
Quote:
There are A LOT of people that are pissed off about the increasing destruction of our right to privacy,
No, not really. It just isn't happening.
WRONG! http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/Safe...ID=13264&c=206 And that's just one article.

Over 140 communities and three states have passed resolutions against the PATRIOT Act. The House of Representatives voted by about a 75% majority to prohibit sneak-and-peak searches, which are allowed by PATRIOT but are a flagrant violation of the Fourth Amendment. The Senate has a bill on the floor to overturn certain provisions of the PATRIOT Act because they abuse civil liberties. The ACLU has filed a lawsuit on behalf of several groups challenging the constitutionality of the PATRIOT Act.

How bout doing a little research before shooting off that big NYC mouth of yours?

Quote:
Quote:
and with waking up to three or four dead soldiers a day in yet another failed mission in iraq.
Um, no. Not even close. You are exagerating the numbers and how exactly is it a failure?
Oh, sorry. It's usually only about two a day. No reason to be upset over piddly crap like two human lives.

Quote:
Quote:
President monkey is in trouble when debate time comes, ANY fool could tear him apart on every aspect of his preisidency,
And you certainly are any fool.
Well, I guess you haven't paid attention to the prez's speeches and press conferences, have you? I don't think he's a moron; I think he's cunning, sinister, and dangerous. But he's a totally inept, bumbling public speaker. And I'll bet money that the debates for the upcoming election are going to be few, because Bush's handlers know he's a shitty public speaker. They're going to try to keep debates to an absolute minimum. George is right- Dubya is gonna get drilled in debates. His administration has done a lot of bad things, and failed to do a lot of things that they should have done, and hopefully a good challenger will be there to call him on all of it.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:23 AM       
Now, Now, Kids and Campers, this thread isn't for arguments, it's for POLITICAL PEDICTIONS. Think of it as a friendly, oh, I don't know what all... say, a Futures Market sort of. There's plenty of room for smacking each other around in all the other threads.

El Blanco, instead of getting all upset, make some predictions. It's not like you'll make any money if they come true, but "I told you so's" have to be worth something, right?

George, as fr as rectal births go, this thread is for PREDICTIONS. If you want to Predict future rectal births, fine and dandy. But no expostultion on the nature of past births, Rectal or Otherwsie.
Will chop you good.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:39 AM       
Quote:
And I'll bet money that the debates for the upcoming election are going to be few, because Bush's handlers know he's a shitty public speaker.
See? Amidst my bitch-slapping of El Blanco, I still managed to abide by the rules.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:21 PM       
Quote:
1. the african embassies where outside of the USA and while no one likes to see stuff blown up in africa less than i do, lets face facts them there are savage lands, and those things are bound to happen from time to time.
American Embassies= American soil. And it was an al Queda job.

And what the fuck kind of answer is "those things are bound to happen from time to time. "?

Quote:
as for OK city, thanks for your evaluation agent mulder.
Actually, its the evaluation of real FBI agents. Not some big government conspiracy, but Reno and the Clinton syndicate dropped the ball on the investigation.

Quote:
what was the death toll up to? 700 something?
"Globally, the epidemic has claimed more than 800 lives and caused more than 8,400 infections in nearly 30 countries."

Considering that most of those countries can be considered 3rd World and now China claims to have a reliable cure, I'd say thats not too bad. I mean AIDS kills more people in Africa everyday, but you're not claiming some shaddow government made it as a bio weapon.

http://www.sarsnewswire.com/SarsCases.asp

Quote:
cause the only attacks that matter are ones that fuck up a lot of rich people in NYC.
YEs, only rich people worked in WTC. There were no middle and lower class people killed in that. No waitresses, and building staff. All those firefighters were millionares like my brother, who lives in a huge palacial estate in Connecticut with all he makes from the FDNY.

Only rich people lost there homes and jobs and ways of life when the entire downtown area was shut off.

Fucking moron.

Quote:
4. sorry, was going for a bit of dramatic effect, but in my book ANY DEAD SOLDIERS AT ALL ARE FAR FUCKING TOO MANY TO SETTLE the score between PAPPY Bush and SADDAM.
I guess all those liberated Iraqis don't mean anything.

Quote:
no wmd, no saddam, no links to al quedea, no nuclear program, etc., billions of dollars spent, one hundred and fiddy some soldiers dead.

smells like victory to me.
Saddam is ousted, most of his command crew is dead or captured and singing, we are fortifying our postions and currently searching for the WMD. That will probably take some time. HE had about 12 years and then some to get rid of them.

Quote:
6. your mother was not suprised the day the doctors told her you were a retard, the thing that suprised her was that she could actually have given birth out of her rectum.
What the fuck was that? Seriously. Weak, dude, is what that was. If you want to call me a retard, the least you can do is not butcher the English language in the process.

Tell you what: after recess, go ask your English teacher about grammar and syntax.

Quote:
WRONG! http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/Safe...ID=13264&c=206 And that's just one article.

Over 140 communities and three states have passed resolutions against the PATRIOT Act. The House of Representatives voted by about a 75% majority to prohibit sneak-and-peak searches, which are allowed by PATRIOT but are a flagrant violation of the Fourth Amendment. The Senate has a bill on the floor to overturn certain provisions of the PATRIOT Act because they abuse civil liberties. The ACLU has filed a lawsuit on behalf of several groups challenging the constitutionality of the PATRIOT Act.
So, you mean the government passed a bill to curb the patriot act and preserve our liberties? Isn't that the opposite of what the kid was saying?

Quote:
Oh, sorry. It's usually only about two a day. No reason to be upset over piddly crap like two human lives.
Soldiers died in every action we've taken. Does this mean invading Germany and the Paciffic Islands was wrong? That trying to help Somalia was wrong?

I have family serving there now. I don't want to see harm come to them. But, my cousin tod his mother something before he went off "Its my job. Its what I trained for." I don't want him to get hurt, but I respect him and support him and the mission.

But, I guess as soon as something gets messy or difficutl, we need to leave, right? Its that attitude that allows the slaughter of Rawanda and the famine of Somalia to continue.

Quote:
Well, I guess you haven't paid attention to the prez's speeches and press conferences, have you?
Ya, most of them. I admit I get disinterested with the same crap over and over, though.

He is a lousy speaker. It just ain't him. He can't do a prepared speech after traveling to 15 states getting 2 hours sleep over the last week and dealing with an endless parade of faces and speeches.

He speaks well from the heart though.

Quote:
Dubya is gonna get drilled in debates.
By whom?

Quote:
His administration has done a lot of bad things,
Says you.

Quote:
Amidst my bitch-slapping of El Blanco
Pardon me? A what of me?

Quote:
El Blanco, instead of getting all upset, make some predictions. It's not like you'll make any money if they come true, but "I told you so's" have to be worth something, right?
I'm not upset. I just have this uncontroable need to fix things.

As for "I told you so", its the most worthless phrase in the English language.

BUt, let me take a shot:

1) Bush will win a second term because of the lack of any real Democrat to step up to him

2) Ashcroft will resign (they didn't really want him anyway) and be replaced by Rudy Guiliani

3) Cheney will step down and Rice will step up

4) The Giants will win the SuperBowl on the back of Tiki Barber and his 1500 yard season

5) The Timberwolves will win the NBA Finals

6) A more leftwing government will step in Iran on the wave of popular vote.

7) A US friendly government will take up in Iraq

8) We will start hardballing the Saudis and ask questions about why 17 of the highjackers came from there and why all that money went through there.

9) Saddam will be found but Ossama won't (he is under a few million tons of rock)
Will chop you good.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:24 PM       
Quote:
So, you mean the government passed a bill to curb the patriot act and preserve our liberties? Isn't that the opposite of what the kid was saying?
Are you dense? He's saying that people are pissed about the government's intrusion on our civil liberties, and they voiced their anger, and the government is listening. Which refutes your claim of "No, not really. It just isn't happening." It most assuredly is happening.

As for the loss of life in Iraq, the amount of life being lost is irrelevant. That lives are being lost, and unnecessarily, is what makes me angry, and should make you angry as well. This was an unnecessary operation to begin with, founded on false information, and the military geniui had no plans whatever for what was to be done after trouncing the Iraqi army. The Iraqis don't want us there. Comparing this "war" to WWII is ridiculous by any reasoning. And of course it's going to get messy, since it doesn't seem our fearless leaders set their sights any further forward than May 1st.

Quote:
He is a lousy speaker. It just ain't him. He can't do a prepared speech after traveling to 15 states getting 2 hours sleep over the last week and dealing with an endless parade of faces and speeches.
Why not? Clinton didn't have any problem doing it, and neither did Bush v1.0. Hell, even Reagan was a fair public speaker, and he probably had Alzheimer's even during his term. I think Dubya's ineptitude at public speaking is a strong indicator of his capacity (or lack thereof) to lead.

Quote:
He speaks well from the heart though.
No he doesn't. Bush doesn't speak well under any circumstances, ever. The guy can barely string a goddamn sentence together.

Now, in keeping with the rules of the thread, check this out:
Quote:
Quote:
Dubya is gonna get drilled in debates.
By whom?
You know, people had this same attitude back in '92, even just a few months before the election. I remember a SNL skit called "Decision '92: The Race to Avoid Being the Guy who Loses to Bush." Well, we all know how that one turned out, don't we? I predict that history will repeat itself, as history is wont to do.
Will chop you good.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:36 PM       
Oh, here's another prediction: We will pull out of Iraq after a half-assed government is set up and some semblance of order is restored. Not long after that, a group of Islamic fundamentalists will overthrow that gov't and install a theocracy, and the people will be just as badly off as they were under Saddam.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:38 PM       
Quote:
You know, people had this same attitude back in '92, even just a few months before the election. I remember a SNL skit called "Decision '92: The Race to Avoid Being the Guy who Loses to Bush." Well, we all know how that one turned out, don't we? I predict that history will repeat itself, as history is wont to do.
Certain mistakes get repeated, but history itself never repeats. Thats just psuedo-intellectual philosphizing.

You don't think the GOP think tanks aren't aware of how Clinton won?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 03:13 PM       
El Blanco:

Good predictions.

"I guess all those liberated Iraqis don't mean anything. "
That remians to be seen. Maybe, and I sincerely hope so, but if we can't restore law or basic services and eventually leave a propped up US strongman in control, maybe not. History may not repreat itself exactly, but patterns of behavior do. Rumsfeld liked Sadam just fine back in the day when we thought he'd make a great hedge against the Iranians.
i will let you down
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 03:34 PM       
i think that fish tacos will make a comeback.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 06:44 AM       
WELL THAT PROVES JUST HOW MUCH YOU KNOW DOESNT IT?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 05:56 AM       
I predict worldwide communist takeover - sixty years tops.