Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:35 PM        Another FUN Boynkin Quote!
"Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this."

Don't get me wrong. I TOTALLY support this guys right to believe and say stuff like this. I just think he's funny.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:47 PM       
the whole thing is funny/sad/creepy.

God put Bush in charge, says the general hunting bin Laden
By David Rennie
(Filed: 17/10/2003)

The general leading the hunt for Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein has publicly declared that the Christian God is "bigger" than Allah, who is a false "idol", and believes the war on terrorism is a fight with Satan, it emerged yesterday.

Investigative reporters from the Los Angeles Times and NBC television have dug up two years' worth of seemingly incendiary comments from Lt Gen William "Jerry" Boykin, the newly promoted deputy undersecretary of state of defence for intelligence.

Gen Boykin has repeatedly told Christian groups and prayer meetings that President George W Bush was chosen by God to lead the global fight against Satan.

He told one gathering: "Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. He's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this."

In January, he told Baptists in Florida about a victory over a Muslim warlord in Somalia, who had boasted that Allah would protect him from American capture. "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real god and his was an idol," Gen Boykin said.

He also emerged from the conflict with a photograph of the Somalian capital Mogadishu bearing a strange dark mark. He has said this showed "the principalities of darkness. . . a demonic presence in that city that God revealed to me as the enemy".
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:20 PM       
How about this quote Burbank?

"The Hand of providence has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations." These lines were uttered by General George Washington in his letter of August 20, 1778 to Brig. General Thomas Nelson after the conclusion of our war for Independance.

I realize to you such sentiments might seem like provincial superstitions, but I take them with somewhat more solemnity.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:41 PM       
Quote:
Gen Boykin has repeatedly told Christian groups and prayer meetings that President George W Bush was chosen by God to lead the global fight against Satan.
If I believed that I'd be switching over to atheist so fast...
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:00 PM       
at Boynkin

Booooyyyynnnkiiiin
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:31 AM       
Shack; I'm far too busy right now to come up with any Bin Laden quotes about the relationship between God and Al Quaeda. Would you like to do it for me? I mean, if you're not feeling too solemn and all.

I think involving God at all in ones military aims, no matter how justified they might be or seem is a vile practice. I'm well aware of it's lengthy historical use, but as it is trotted out by both sides of every conflict, I'm no more impressed by Washington hiding beneat the Lord's skirts than I am Boynkin, Bush, or Hussein.
Mocker
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:34 AM       
I refrain from judging any credit given to one god or another as I am forced to admit I really don't know anything for certain. When your opinion is just as legitimate as mine, who am I to criticize your beliefs?
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:38 AM       
So you take all such "God is on my side and wants the enemy dead" statements with equal solemnity?
Mocker
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:55 AM       
Essentially, yes, though whether I agree with it or not is a different story.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:11 PM       
Oh man, having a belief that the Supreme Being may favor one person or country over another is such a BAD thing!

We just better become an atheist country right now and hedge our bets!
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:37 PM       
"Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because Santa Claus put him there for a time such as this."

"I knew my Santa Claus was bigger than his. I knew that my Santa Claus was a real Santa and his was an idol," Gen Boykin said.

"the principalities of Grinchiness. . . a demonic presence in that city that Santa revealed to me as the enemy".

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:43 PM       
VINCE,

The Supreme Being declares you to be an idiot.

Do you truly believe that having a biased god is a good thing?
Also, is anyone here saying that this is a big deal?
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 01:23 PM       
concepts of riteousness are pretty scary to me.. they allowed the slaughtering of so many people, i really don't understand how people think we can return to these concepts of god willed murder.

once we go there are we not just the opposite side of the fundamentalist coin that endorsed the wtc attack? why don't people see that?

fighting over religion is better viewed as blasphemy in my book..
don't you have to throw out the new testament to go along with boykins views?

i thought only god was allowed to be judge and jury.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 01:31 PM       
Vince, I'm having some trouble logging onto your message board, is there anyhting I can do to help you fix this problem?
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:22 PM       
Huh. Me too. What's that all about?

Vinth. Almost everyone thinks the Supreme being favors their nation. Almost everyone thinks they are right about God's favor and other nations are deluded.

Are you prepared to face the 'conquenences' of The Islamists being correct?

What if God chose Osama bin Laden? What if God chose Groge Bush precisely becuase he wants to punish us for our Hubris?

Me? I don't know why God does what he does. The ways of the supreme being are mysterious to me. If you want to equate my being sure Gods actions are beyond mortal understanding and that he probably doesn't intervene in selecting leadership with aetheism, well, that's your privilidge as an idiot. But maybe God chose you to be my personal idiot. You never can tell.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 03:43 PM       
I think you're all indubitably missing the most important issue here... BOYNKIN is a funny name.

Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 03:47 PM       
no goddamnit YOU'RE all missing the point.

The SUPREME BEING was in Time Bandits.
BANNED

Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:05 PM       
Yea, that was a pretty awesome pair of socks.
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM       
I'm familliar with Time Bandits. I got your reference. I just didn't think you were so needy it had to be acknowledged, mr, Needypants.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:21 PM       
Our team would have won if Jesus didn't hate us!

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:26 PM       
it's just that sometimes without god's approval you guys are all I have.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:33 PM       
If Jesus were alive today, what kind of army would he command?!

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:28 PM       
prolly the orcs.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:05 PM       
The villain from Time Bandits is the funniest character ever