Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 08:00 PM       
And the Fish pull one out against the Green Slime. Hey, Brett Farve - you goin' to Disneyland? 'Cause you ain't goin' to the Playoffs! Plus the Pats are out - a side benefit.

Plus Minnesota wins and Chicago loses.

It just doesn't get any better than this, that is unless San Diego beats Denver tonight.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
EDIT: double post.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Dec 28th, 2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Damned slow response!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
YO TO!!! 44-6!!!!

How did that taste?

If I had to guess, it tastes the same to TO as losing to Pennington tasted to the Jets
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 10:22 PM       
Mid 3rd, SD 38, Denver 14.

My cup runneth over.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 11:28 PM       
NFC NORTH CHAMPS BITCH

YAH BITCH YAH
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 11:43 PM       
How 'bout dem BRONCO'S!!!!!!!

Way to tank the season, guys!

The Bolts say "Eight-'n'-Eight Feels Great!"
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 11:49 PM       
People rag on the NFC North, but dear god, the AFC West is a complete joke.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM       
Both Western divisions are awful.

I'm loving the idea of the Pats going 11-5 and missing the playoffs while the 8-8 Chargers clinched their division. If only Seattle had won yesterday.

Biggest game of the year against a team the Cowboys were clearly more talented than and they fucking crash and burn. Awesome. Romo even collapsed in the shower after the game.

So, anyone else looking forward to a Manningbowl in February?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM       
Stupid Bills. I don't know why I bother sometimes.
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 29th, 2008, 09:28 PM       
I had forgotten all about this until today at work, but it appears that no one won the Brett Favre Injury contest. Everyone had guessed which week Favre was going to be injured. Obviously that didn't happen and I think this year will be his last for good.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 05:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I had forgotten all about this until today at work, but it appears that no one won the Brett Favre Injury contest. Everyone had guessed which week Favre was going to be injured. Obviously that didn't happen and I think this year will be his last for good.
Wrong sir, I guessed no injury!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I want to play. i am going with the long shot and saying no injury
Go me!
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 09:43 AM       
Well played, Mayor Bee.

The look on Terrell Owens' face during the Eagles pummeling of the Cowboys was fucking priceless. The 'boys would be wise to dump T.O., but Jerry Jones doesn't care about winning. The best football that'll be played in that new coliseum of his will come from the Big XII.

3 coaches down already. Herm Edwards is probably next, but who knows anymore? Certainly came as a surprise to me that the "Mangenius" got his walking papers.

Brett Favre should probably go off into the sunset now. He's not going to be any better next season, and if you believe the excuses of not knowing the playbook or having a sore shoulder, I've got a bridge to sell you. I don't know what the Packers excuse is for their season, but don't point the finger at Aaron Rodgers.

Great final regular season weekend. I knew the Chargers would win the west, mainly because they are simply the best team in that abysmal division. The Cowboys, Bucs, Broncos, and Bears didn't deserve to be in the playoffs and they all proved it in overwhelming fashion. And Patriots fans should be glad their team didn't make the playoffs. A run at the Lombardi Trophy might've sealed the fate of Tom Brady. Now the braintrust up there has time to figure out what to do with their two quarterbacks. Might be looking at another Montana vs. Young situation.

The Lions have nowhere to go but up. I do think that Coach Marinelli deserves a modicum of credit for how he handled the mess there. This should be Matt Millen's legacy moreso than his.

I'm thinking Ravens vs. Colts for the AFC title game and Panthers vs. Giants for the NFC crown; a Manning will collect another ring in the end.
Mocker
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 09:47 AM       
I think McCarthy will get axed next. He did such a terrible job with the Packers. And he should be followed by Dick Jeraun.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
The look on Terrell Owens' face during the Eagles pummeling of the Cowboys was fucking priceless. The 'boys would be wise to dump T.O., but Jerry Jones doesn't care about winning. The best football that'll be played in that new coliseum of his will come from the Big XII..
I loved his line - 6 catches for over 100 yards and NO TD's. What a game-breaker. And this time he can't blame the QB for not getting him the ball - Hell, even Jason Witten threw him a 42 yard completion.

Don't forget at the start of the year, the Boys were picked to win the NFC East, which was supposed to be the toughest division in football. Uh, I don't think so, on either count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
The Lions have nowhere to go but up. I do think that Coach Marinelli deserves a modicum of credit for how he handled the mess there. This should be Matt Millen's legacy moreso than his.
Agreed. During Millen's 7 years the Lions won 31 games. That's just over 4 wins a season.
Mocker
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM       
Dude, the Cowboys were the preseason favorites for the Superbowl.
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
Yeah, I had the Boys and Pats in the Super Bowl this year.

So Mike Shannahan was just fired after 14 years with the Broncos. Thoughts?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM       
Quote:
I'll leave that one to MailCall to answer, he's a Broncos fan.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 08:05 PM       
Quote:
It's the NFL, which stands for "Not For Long".

He'll get another job real soon, shed no tears for Mike Shanahan.
O HAI!!!!!!
Location: That shadow behind you? yeah its just a shadow dont be paranoid.
brokensaint82 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 08:36 PM       
I think Shannahan might hang it up...for a year or two at least anyone else notice how grey he got after elway retired? anyways as for the playoffs My Panthers are in so I'm happy about that.
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 11:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Wrong sir, I guessed no injury!

Go me!
This is true. You correctly guessed that Fawv-Ray would not get injured at all this season. For that, I present to you a prize that was sculpted by the finest graphic artisans in all the land:

Mocker
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 04:19 PM       
With the shit season he had, can we still consider the Madden Curse still in effect?
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 06:33 PM       
I would say the Madden Curse has been broken ):

Hopefully we find out that Farve screws children or fights dogs that way the Madden Curse can keep on going :D
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 08:26 PM       
Quote:
This is true. You correctly guessed that Fawv-Ray would not get injured at all this season. For that, I present to you a prize that was sculpted by the finest graphic artisans in all the land:

Wow that's pretty good!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 08:38 PM       
'grats, Pent. Do I sense a new avatar?

Just to be completely accurate, Farve was injured sometime during the year, he just kept on playing. It could have been chronic, it could have been progressive, but his shoulder will need arthoscopic surgery in the off-season.

More importantly, will we be able to run the pool again next year?