Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 10:43 PM        Coming back from vacation
I was on vacation last week and it was very awesome. Anyway I was wondering how long it takes for you to feel like you've come back into the real world from a vacation. Amazingly it took me only two hours at work to go from feeling euphoric and relaxed to breaking down crying and stressed out.

I think this question only applies to those who dislike their jobs/classes.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:43 PM       
Typically it's going to depend on WHERE the vacation spot was. If it was NOT being at work or classes and just being home, your chances of withdrawal are lessened.

If it was Maui you may as well dive on a knife.
say what now?
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 08:25 AM       
Hey, lady, no matter where I am, a week away from work is a fucking paradise for me.

I just stuck around home and spent a lot of time with my kid and my girlfriend. I think going to Maui and spending as much time with your kid at home as you could is a pretty even deal.
MAMA MIA!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:54 AM       
Anytime you can spend quality time with you family beats any vacation spot on the planet. For many, work just sucks the life out of them to the point that quality-family time is a defecit when they get home. I'm not presumming that in your case, of course.

I haven't had much of that type of withdrawal. I'm pretty happy anywhere. Work and school are just as fun as being home. :/
say what now?
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:21 AM       
Yah its silly when people assume that I'm unhappy with life simply because I fucking hate my job. True that my work is the last place I ever want to be. In fact if I were to spend a week in Guantamo(sp) Bay as a detainee for vacation, i'd have a big smile on my face so as long I'm not at my work. But you know the feeling when you're working on your very last final exam in school before you go on a long summer break? Thats how i feel everyday at work. Everyday I look forward to going home where my happy place is. Unless, of course, if my boss demand that I stay after and work overtime, that when my world come crashing down. I just keep reminding myself to suck it up and know what I'm making a living for. I hate this job because there's no real sense of accomplishment, unless you enjoy making the top people of the company richer.
MAMA MIA!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM       
Well yes but if your workplace is 65-70% of your life, I would say that while you might not be unhappy with it, the unhappy@work factor currently makes up for most of your life at this time. And that is a shame especially when the best part of your life is at home.

On the upside, it makes those weekends and vacation times all the more sweeter!