Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 04:09 PM        Talk Turkey
So apparently, Our great friends the Turks feel the amount of 'aid' we're offering to pony up to rent their country as a troupe staging area is currently insufficient.

So, they agree with us about the need for this war, but only if we pay enough. Good thing they don't have nukes, 'cause nuclear blackmail we don't respond to. Troupe staging frontage blackmail, though, that's up for grabs.

Thank God we've got allies who are really with us on this.

But let's not be cyncial. maybe there objection is solely for the protection of their own lands and people. That's a reasonable expectation. So, if that's the case, why aren't we offering what they think is enough?

What do you think, folks? Is Turkey the cynical war profiteering ally, or are we the warmongering use 'em and dump 'em ally? I'm not sure of the answer myself, but I might take a look at how much we've spent on rebuilding Afghanistan since we achieved regime change for some answers. It seems like there will be some money in the budget. Since some senators notcied that through an unexplained oversight the Bush adminsitration had for gotten to propose any money at all.