Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:31 PM       
I thought this would be relevant:

http://www.apa.org/pi/parent.html

That's an official study and what-not, I haven't even finished reading it. So who knows, it could side with either side! Let's find out!

This was a study done on just about all factors. Including their relation to peers, their chances of being gay, their gender-roles etc. etc.

" In summary, there is no evidence to suggest that lesbians and gay men are unfit to be parents or that psychosocial development among children of gay men or lesbians is compromised in any respect relative to that among offspring of heterosexual parents. Not a single study has found children of gay or lesbian parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents. Indeed, the evidence to date suggests that home environments provided by gay and lesbian parents are as likely as those provided by heterosexual parents to support and enable children's psychosocial growth.

It should be acknowledged that research on lesbian and gay parents and their children is still very new and relatively scarce. Less is known about children of gay fathers than about children of lesbian mothers. Little is known about development of the offspring of gay or lesbian parents during adolescence or adulthood. Sources of heterogeneity have yet to be systematically investigated. Longitudinal studies that follow lesbian and gay families over time are badly needed. "
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM       
Your definition of 'dad' only requires shared genetic material in the case of a homosexual father? How inconsistent. And queer.

Personally, I'd rather a child have a 2-parent team, or even a whole extended family raising him or her. I know my mom and dad had a hell of a time juggling work and raising a kid, and they had help from my grandparents. I can't imagine how single parents (who aren't either ridiculously wealthy or relying on their extended family) do it.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Read back through my posts and you'll see that my definition of "dad" does not require common genetic material. I said 'A child who's adopted by a straight couple has a mum and dad and can be just like anyone else'.
so if the partner of a gay biological father adopts, the kids would have two dads.

Quote:
No, you're not correct that a single gay parent would make the worst possible parent-child relationship, I think two gays are even worse.
a straight alcoholic man/woman who sexually molests his/her biological children is worse than two gay, loving adopted parents?
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
I know my mom and dad had a hell of a time juggling work and raising a kid, and they had help from my grandparents.
Yeah, I'm sure it was hell raising you.
Mocker
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM       
Is that supposed to be an insult?

Do you mind if I ask your age?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM       
"a straight alcoholic man/woman who sexually molests his/her biological children is worse than two gay, loving adopted parents?"

Yea sadie, it's so much worse!!!!!!!! That other guy wouldn't even conceed that straight people who do drugs and beat their children make worse parents than gay people who treat their kids well and don't do drugs.

By the by, that study did do a study on social aptitude and found that they had normal friends and normal relationships.

You assholes lose ;(
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:49 PM       
ziggytrix, no I don't mind if you ask, but I'm not going to tell you, but I will say I have two young children of my own.
Mocker
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM       
And would you say you are doing an excellent, good, fair, or poor job of raising them to be bigots?
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
a straight alcoholic man/woman who sexually molests his/her biological children is worse than two gay, loving adopted parents?
Of course they would be worse if they sexually molest their children, but we're talking about all other things being equal, otherwise it's ridiculous.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM       
Quote:
And would you say you are doing an excellent, good, fair, or poor job of raising them to be bigots?
They're a lot more friendly than the people on this forum, I know that.
You're politically correct leftist bigots.
Mocker
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:10 PM       
I take grave moral offense to that slur, you rascal!
BANNED

Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:13 PM       
Are all rightist bigots such pussies? You'd think with all their discrimination and condemning they'd be a little tougher, but you guys seem like such vaginas.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:27 PM       
When you have to make pathetic, puerile insults like that, kahljorn, you've lost.
BANNED

Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:31 PM       
Lost what?

You can pretend like cussing or calling people pussies can derail the truth, but that just makes you a moron. I hope Einstein or Newton or some other asshole didn't cuss during his life-time, otherwise gravity might stop working.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:40 PM       
You're no Einstein, kahljorn. Your IQ is more at the Frankenstein level.
BANNED

Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM       
Ugh, you mean the guy who brought someone back to life from the dead, thus inheriting the power of the God's? Seems pretty ingenius to me, thanks.
Mocker
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
Listen here you closet fag. You just stepped in here, and you clearly don't know shit about where you are, so allow me to drop a little knowledge on ya, you ignorant prat.

The website is called "i-mockery" not "i-liberalism" nor "i-faggotry". If you wanna come in here and lay out a clearly bigoted attitude, then you picked a really brilliant place to be a thin skinned ninny about being called on your nineteenth century attitude.

If you think this place is swarming with the politically correct, then you're completely mistaken and pretty fuckin oblivious. So by all means, stick around and run your mouth believing we're all a bunch of die-hard Democrats or whatever the equivalent is in whichever piss-hole corner of your dismal country you call home. I'm glad die-hard conservatives come around thinking this is some kind of Michael Moore circle-jerk forum, cuz you bring me back down from my childish idealism and remind me why cynicism is the only -ism that isn't completley full of shit.

In short, enjoy your stay here and go fuck yourself.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:54 PM       
Quote:
'A child who's adopted by a straight couple has a mum and dad and can be just like anyone else'.
What England do you live in? The Nuclear Family of a mother, father & 2.4 children hasn't been considered the standard for 30 years. An anecdote to illustrate this would be that when I first started attending school in the early eighties, I felt inferior to the majority of my classmates because my parents were actually living together. I felt I had been robbed of a second home & the joy of being able to switch between the two.

I also called my parents by their first names, & it was very later on that I learned to apply them labels due to their standing in the familial hierarchy. At least my father got that right, he kept my mother bare-foot & pregnant in the kitchen.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:06 AM       
Quote:
Quote:
Listen here you closet fag. You just stepped in here, and you clearly don't know shit about where you are, so allow me to drop a little knowledge on ya, you ignorant prat.

The website is called "i-mockery" not "i-liberalism" nor "i-faggotry". If you wanna come in here and lay out a clearly bigoted attitude, then you picked a really brilliant place to be a thin skinned ninny about being called on your nineteenth century attitude.

If you think this place is swarming with the politically correct, then you're completely mistaken and pretty fuckin oblivious. So by all means, stick around and run your mouth believing we're all a bunch of die-hard Democrats or whatever the equivalent is in whichever piss-hole corner of your dismal country you call home. I'm glad die-hard conservatives come around thinking this is some kind of Michael Moore circle-jerk forum, cuz you bring me back down from my childish idealism and remind me why cynicism is the only -ism that isn't completley full of shit.

In short, enjoy your stay here and go fuck yourself.
Hold on. You're calling me a bigot and at the same time using homosexuality as an insult? I think you'd better think about that one, knucklehead.

And while your at it think about your own childish xenophobic bigotry against Britain.

I'm going to enjoy pulling you apart, hypocrite.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover
Quote:
'A child who's adopted by a straight couple has a mum and dad and can be just like anyone else'.
What England do you live in? The Nuclear Family of a mother, father & 2.4 children hasn't been considered the standard for 30 years. An anecdote to illustrate this would be that when I first started attending school in the early eighties, I felt inferior to the majority of my classmates because my parents were actually living together. I felt I had been robbed of a second home & the joy of being able to switch between the two.

I also called my parents by their first names, & it was very later on that I learned to apply them labels due to their standing in the familial hierarchy. At least my father got that right, he kept my mother bare-foot & pregnant in the kitchen.
I live in Brighton, which must be the most politically correct place in the whole of Britain. It has a large gay community and was the first place to have a gay wedding last month.
Instead of the usual Christmas tree outside the town hall and registry office, there was just a rainbow (gay) flag flying. So I feel the whole gay rights thing has gone too far now, and the traditional family is put in second place even though it's been well proven to be the best way to bring up children.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:00 AM       
I grew up just down the road in Crawley. That gay flag thing sounds as stupid as it probably was. Being PC is bullshit.

Rationalism is probably a good thing for opinions, just not my opinions if personal experience says different. In my experience Homosexuals are juat like regular people, some are jerks, some are neat, so I think they should be treated as such without me pandering to them because they are touchy bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub The Racist
I've never met a Muslim man over the age of 20 that hasn't been a complete asshole, but that's the other thread.
Mocker
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 09:59 AM       
Learn to recognize sarcasm and hyperbole or get the fuck off this site, cunt.

"Instead of the usual Christmas tree outside the town hall and registry office, there was just a rainbow (gay) flag flying. So I feel the whole gay rights thing has gone too far now, and the traditional family is put in second place even though it's been well proven to be the best way to bring up children."

That's pretty fuckin absurd (the flag thing), but your feeling that the "traditional family has been put in second place" is pretty fuckin absurd as well. Even should homosexual adoptions be legalized, do you really think for one second that they're going to have an easier time showing their fitness for adoption than a traditional straight couple?

Give me a fuckin break, you paranoid crybaby. Let the feminists and the coloreds and the queers have their equal rights you stupid fuck.

And while you're at it, find out what that gay pride flag was about - that doesn't even make any kind of sense that it would be a replacement for a Christmas tree.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 10:26 AM       
Quote:
Learn to recognize sarcasm and hyperbole or get the fuck off this site, cunt.

"Instead of the usual Christmas tree outside the town hall and registry office, there was just a rainbow (gay) flag flying. So I feel the whole gay rights thing has gone too far now, and the traditional family is put in second place even though it's been well proven to be the best way to bring up children."

That's pretty fuckin absurd (the flag thing), but your feeling that the "traditional family has been put in second place" is pretty fuckin absurd as well. Even should homosexual adoptions be legalized, do you really think for one second that they're going to have an easier time showing their fitness for adoption than a traditional straight couple?

Give me a fuckin break, you paranoid crybaby. Let the feminists and the coloreds and the queers have their equal rights you stupid fuck.

And while you're at it, find out what that gay pride flag was about - that doesn't even make any kind of sense that it would be a replacement for a Christmas tree.
If anyone sounds like a paranoid crybaby it's you, you're getting hysterical, you sound like a nutter to me.

The gay pride flag was about the country's first gay wedding that we had here at Christmas. The leftist council here doesn't believe in using public money for a Christian celebration anymore, it's not pc, they'd rather celebrate gay marriage with a gay flag. You'd probably love it here.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 10:33 AM       
While I agree that the flag is taking PC too far, you failed to respond to his point of EQUAL rights. What is so wrong about asking to be treated like your fellow man? Are they not people? Do they not deserve the same respect for life and self worth that anyone else does? Or is your rightist bigoted self too narrow minded to see that they bleed the same as you?

Seriously, you need to take a long hard look at what you and your cuntery stand for. You stand for hatred and inequality, which is just as bad as being too PC. Find the middle ground. Allow gay marriage, but you can still have a christmas tree. It is a pretty sad state of affairs when your opinions can be toppled by a bumper sticker that says:

"Against gay marriage? Don't have one."
Mocker
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 10:44 AM       
Quote:
If anyone sounds like a paranoid crybaby it's you, you're getting hysterical, you sound like a nutter to me.
I believe the sage Reubens said it best, "I know you are, but what am I?"

As for hysterics, I refer you to my previous remark, Learn to recognize sarcasm and hyperbole or get the fuck off this site, cunt. Please let me know if you are having difficulty with any of those words.