Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:04 PM       
Quote:
I make pretty decent money for my job skills.
You know who else makes minimum? McDonald's workers. Now we have a bit of comparison for your skills. Essentially, you are a trained monkey.

Of course, you *could* be making somewhere around $20/hour at an elite private school, but for you to only be "just above" the poverty line with that kind of wage, you could only be working a few hours every week... hardly something I'd call "hard work."
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:05 PM       
"And I said I make just above the poverty line, I never defined what just above is, now did I. "
VINTH

See, now, I thought you might have meant, you know 'Not very much more', or 'pretty nearly', especilly where you said you were poor.

But I guess you might have meant "Twice as much" by "Right above". Or maybe you meant "Poverty line + a billion" or maybe "Poverty line + 460.00 a month.

Or maybe you just admitted that your statement was meaningless. Sort of...

DOOPA: Do you know anybody poor?

VINTH: Yeah! ME! Cause I make a certain undisclosed amount of money! A lot more than minimum wage, though! But poor enough so I know what I'm talking about! Yesireebob! That oughta shut you up!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:08 PM       
max yes I do know someone who is poor
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:09 PM       
Quote:
Achimp, I am only splitting the hairs that you started with when you defined "fortunate"

Poor form, Vinth. You see, when I pointed out the alternate definition, I was actually right and not saying "WELL THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID NEENER-NEENER!" Jumping on one word in someone's letter does not give you a basis for making broad assumptions like Boortz has done. Hell, it's the equivalent of palm-reading.

You have ignored every single point I have brought up. If you want to demonstrate your intelligence, start doing so rather than making vague statements.

BTW, you seem to be posting a lot here this afternoon. What are you so busy about that allows your browser to point to I-Mockery and not to Newsfilter?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:10 PM       
Doopa, Max wasn't asking you, he was making fun of Vince!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
hahahahahaha

man i am out of it today
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Hardwork is a main factor in how much you can produce and how much a boss will pay you for your services. I make pretty decent money for my job skills.
Didn't you already claim that you had a degree and were already working in a skilled field? Strike one.

Quote:
I'm working now to improve my job skills and education so I can get more money. That is how it works, kelly.
Something that pays someone above poverty level even though they have a college degree, I hope. Also hoping that you get smarter so as not to sqaunder your education when the next job train rolls up to the station.

Quote:
Christ, Kelly, were you one of those people that joined the military because you were directionless?
Nope. I joined it to serve my country as I think that all able-bodied people should do ... well those of us without horrendous hive conditions. I'm 20 credits short of a degree in Computer Science yet I have a job that pays what I'd probably be making as base pay in a job using that degree; therefore I'm busy making above poverty level wages while I finish the last bit of classes while waiting to see if the IT field opens up a little more.

Quote:
By your incoherent ranting and leftist screeds, it would not suprise me.
Mr. Pot ... meet Mr. Kettle. Puhhhlllleeeeaaaase.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:33 PM       
Hee hee.

When Vinth says he knows poor people, he really does mean himself , and homeless folks he shrieks 'get a job at' to mask his terror.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:37 PM       
Self hate is the worst kind.

I bet Vinth is Jewish, too, just to add to his self-loathing.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 01:40 PM       
I think that HE'S homeless and the only sneaking he does is into the library to keep warm and use the library card that he swiped from one of his ethnic girlfriends.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Raven is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 07:26 PM       
The thread is long and I'm too lazy to read it all. So if this is covering things already covered or incoherent and screwed up in anyway. Just slap me and point me in the right direction.

The greatest of the tax cuts should go to the rich. As The taxation system is setup into tax brackets. Which of course you already know. I believe before the tax cut the taxation percentage was 38%. After, if I'm correct, it was dropped to 35%. It still exists at a higher rate than the bracket below it, but the gap is now down to 2.5%. You're going to have to forgive me if this sounds scatter brained but its been a while since I've read the information on it. Now of course this doesn't even count the taxation of millionare assets after death. With this in mind and the failing economy it is understable and highly rational to give a larger tax break to the rich. This provides them with more money to spend or invest. If they invest in the stock market, our stocks go up and so does the value of our companies. Of course the value of a stock isn't based solely on the investment into the stock market, but you know that already. Or they will put it in a bank or spend it. Either one increases the funds of the receiver. Thus increasing the economy.

Alright I've been typing too much. I don't even remember what I was talking about. Oh well. And for my finally statement. The existance of tax cuts towards the rich is the proper way of distributing money throughout the economy. Because it allows for a greater percentage of funds to be spread throughout the global or national economy. Uh sorry if that didn't make a lick of sense.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:36 PM       
[quote="VinceZeb"]Max, you are a fucking simpleton. Is the government wanting more tax money for roads? Nope. Is it wanting more money from our pockets for war in a time of peace? Nope.

IT WANTS MONEY SO IT CAN GIVE MORE MONEY TO THE "LESS FORTUNATE" SO THEY WILL VOTE FOR THEM! Is it that hard to fucking understand, you knuckle dragging fuck? [quote]

Do you honestly think that ALL your tax money goes only to welfare?

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:47 PM       
A large majority of funds goes to welfare. The question is whether it should. You, I'm assuming, believe yes. Vince believes no. I believe neither of you are seeing the middle ground. And as much as this makes me out to be a communist, I could really care less. I believe it to be a good idea.

Welfare in its current existance allows for far to many people to actually "steal" from the system. They intentionally keep themselves on welfare and perform certain deeds that allow them more amounts of money. Than you have those who truly deserve it. Those who are just on bad times and need a little helping hand. How do you create a system that works for both?

Simple you require the recipiant of welfare to work on some government contract institution, or work for some company they are in essence contracted out too. For working they get a paycheck, education, possibly room and board, and other essential items to their betterment. And the work they are putting in is also funding what they are taking out of the government, perhaps not completely in some cases. But it would be doing far more, than what the current system has them putting back in.

Just my thoughts.
The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:09 PM       
Quote:
We are taking money out of our pockets to give to old geezers who want to government to pay for drugs that they could pay for with the discresional income they have

Yes that is understandable since only old people need medicine. FUCK YOU.

My father (who is 46) has had three heart transplants and a kidney transplant it takes $60,000 a year in medicine to keep him alive, my mother works at a hospital not because it is the best job she can get but because it has the best insurance program, they pay for 50% of his medicine making the meager $25,000 a year she gets worth it, my dad makes alot less than that because he can't work full time and still recieve medicare benifits (which he needs to cover the $30,000 dollars a year in medicine plus the cost of doctor visits, and the thousands of dollars in debt left over from his transplants.) Oh yeah did I mention that my mother was just diagnosed with Muliple Sclerosis and needs $6,000 dollars a year to halt its progress? My families annual income comes out to about $35,000 not much for a family of five, not even onough to cover my parents medicine much less living expenses. Now i can understand your outrage at medicare programs after all my parents could just curl up and die saving you precious dollars.

asshole
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:13 PM       
I seriously DOUBT your story. No offense.

With Pharmaceutical Bills such as that, it's entirely implausible that no one has informed your family so far that all they have to due, in the situation you've described, is call up the damn drug companies and, presto, they get a HUGE discount, if not free drugs altogether.

If you're not lying, I feel bad for your situation. You can thank me later for telling you to call the companies that make the drugs your parents need.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
I seriously DOUBT your story. No offense.

With Pharmaceutical Bills such as that, it's entirely implausible that no one has informed your family so far that all they have to due, in the situation you've described, is call up the damn drug companies and, presto, they get a HUGE discount, if not free drugs altogether.

doubting my story is understandable, if i didn't live it and some one told me about it I would doubt it also.

As for calling the companies, my parents have tried it several times all they get is the run around, we have not been able to get these discounts.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:23 PM       
The Voice Of Reason, I truly feel sorry for your unfortunate and uncontrollable condition. However, I do not think that it will be enough to sway the all knowing (and he will never let u s forget it) Vinth. Since he was tragically born without a sense of compassion for his fellow man, he will simply look at your condition and say "Oh well, at least I have MY money."

Vinth, just shut your fucking mouth and keep it shut until you have something to say that has some depth of feeling to it.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:41 PM       
Don't let that run-around stop you. Seriously. If they are truly in the situation you've described, they WILL be helped. Hell, I'll help you work it out. It really is not that hard. If you want to PM the prescriptions and dosages they are taking, I'll work one hour on it tomorrow and provide results.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 12:03 AM       
VOR, I could tell you sob stories about my father, but it doesn't prove anything.

The problem with this board is no matter what I say, it will be dismissed even thought I am right about 90+% of the time. So no matter what I say or show, it won't be believed, but I do like a challenge.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 12:21 AM       
Quote:
VOR, I could tell you sob stories about my father, but it doesn't prove anything.

The problem with this board is no matter what I say, it will be dismissed even thought I am right about 90+% of the time. So no matter what I say or show, it won't be believed, but I do like a challenge.

You son of a bitch read the quote at the beggining. I wasn't telling you a sob story (how conservatives dismiss every argument for welfare programs) I was giving you an example of why medicare programs are nessicary.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:58 AM       
Quote:
The problem with this board is no matter what I say, it will be dismissed even thought I am right about 90+% of the time.
Kind of like how you were right about the submarine letter? Or about the deadly hives-not-hives un-namable condition that you had? Or how about that time when you told Burbank you'd debate him on neutral ground, and then when he took it to your home turf, where things were undoubtedly in your favor, you pissed your pants and ran away sobbing like a little girl?

Old Jun 17th, 2003, 08:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
Kind of like how you were right about the submarine letter? Or about the deadly hives-not-hives un-namable condition that you had? Or how about that time when you told Burbank you'd debate him on neutral ground, and then when he took it to your home turf, where things were undoubtedly in your favor, you pissed your pants and ran away sobbing like a little girl?
My G-d you people talk far more shit than you back up. I certainly hope Burbank isn't as much of a disappointment as the majority of you shit talkers have been.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 09:33 AM       
proto, prove I didn't have a "submarine letter". Prove that I do not have a condition that affects me in extreme tempature change. I mean, if you are so confident that I'm lying, why don't you drag out your big evidence bag and show me how wrong I am?

Old Jun 17th, 2003, 09:39 AM       
Quote:
proto, prove I didn't have a "submarine letter". Prove that I do not have a condition that affects me in extreme tempature change. I mean, if you are so confident that I'm lying, why don't you drag out your big evidence bag and show me how wrong I am?
Vince you're the only person posting. So your my target.

That is the most comp out pile of shit statement used. Prove something over the internet about yourself. I mean fuck if we wish to utilize the burden of proof method, it is truly you who must prove to us that you have those things. While Proto and the majority of his cronies are complete troglodytes, you should know full well that a statement as such is wasted space. It holds no meaning. And is easily dismissed.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 10:31 AM       
I'm kind of skipping ahead a bit to welcome Mr. Raven to the board (or s., who could tell) and to say I'm certainly not ignoring you, but I'm only in a half day today, I've got my daughter with me at work as my wife has the flu, and so there won't be much coming from me today.

I will say this, though:

"A large majority of funds goes to welfare."

I need time to get back up facts, but I'd place money on the table that by any stretch of the imaginiation and by any deffinition of the word 'majority', that statement is very, very, very wrong. I think (and budget experts chime in so I don't need to bug my brother who works for the fed) go to entightlement programs, which are not welfare, ie. social security and medicare. I think the military comes next, and then paying down the national debt (which was gone for a while but is back, bigger than ever!) and I think there are several other places your tax dollars go before we get anywhere near welfare.