Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:14 PM       
Those people are losers and lazy people

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:25 PM       
yeah but this way we don't have to pay their welfare and unemployment
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:29 PM       
Until they get fired because their employers were forced to pay more for labor.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Until they get fired because their employers were forced to pay more for labor.
well the studies said otherwise.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM       
I don't know if this was addressed or not, but how many businesses even hire minimum wage employees? How many of them are small businesses? To me it seems like if anyone was going go have to fire someone because they had to pay for extra wages, it'd probably be small businesses.
In my experience small businesses don't pay minimum wage, but that's a rather limited experience. However if small businesses are paying minimum wage that's bullshit anyway, because most small businesses are "Specialty shops" or something, and the employees they are hiring more than likely require some sort of job skills. I can see something like private owned shoe stores paying minimum wage, but usually one person runs an entire shoe store so it's not really going to make that big of a different.

Everybody keep this in mind: A one or two dollar increase in minimum wage that affects less than 1% of the population will completely ruin the economy and everyone will lose their jobs, but gas prices going up one or two dollars, that'll fix new orleans, the war in iraq, improve our economy and also create an immortality serum.

In my opinion it won't take long for the economy to either fluctuate and make doing this pointless, or fluctate and make it meaningless. Minimum wage employees might have a few years before things start catching up again ;(
Unmedicated genius
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM       
the real wage compared to inflation of the last time we raised minimum wage is about $4.75 i think. give or take. Kahl makes a good point and i must take back my statements about unemployment rising after seeing the studies. I'm actually glad to be wrong on that :P

Small business also usually pay by the unit of labour or by the job if you aren't specialty. They also mainly use part time labor. At least that's my experience and how my plans for a small business go.