Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 02:43 PM        LOS ANGELES SWEEPS WASTE UNDER THE RUG
LOS ANGELES is a pretty big city. They produce alot of waste and sewage(like any other large city) as such they have a "Grown up responsibility" to handle that waste and sewage, however, their method of waste desposal is essentially equivalent to a child forcing the contents of their bedroom under the bed!
Recently kern county(the place I live) has received 99% of LA's waste! That's astounding. This is over 400,000 tons of waste. The waste is applied to land as a fertilizer for growing food for livestock(WANT SOME KFC BUDDY?)
Kern county has horrible air quality, despite being one of the "Greenest" cities in the united states. Perhaps this sludge is, partly, why? Anyway, the biggest shame out of all of this is that LA is actually SUING us for not wanting all of their shit (they also send their bums and criminals here)

This really isn't that big of a deal, I guess, it's natural that a large city would produce a large amount of "Sludge" and need/desire to get rid of it. However, there's obviously responsible ways to handle this and I don't think this is one of them.
Our goal shouldn't be to merely move waste, crime and whatever else comes out of socity but try to be rid of it. Otherwise, just like a kid's room, eventually the bed will be full of shit and start to spill over, and all you'll have left is the closet.
This is especially the case in modern society where MILLIONS of people live in a small area, no ecological system is designed to suport that with any level of health. Issues like this make it apparant that civilization is on the road to horrible failure, and in the following years without responsible handling of society and it's waste we might have huge problems.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0806/353206.html

There's a copy of one of the stories, i didn't actually read that one since the story I actually read was in a local paper(which makes you pay to see their stories online ).

Maybe that enviromental friendly bit britain and california are trying to pull off will somehow help alleviate issues like this, because with the population rising the amount of shit and waste we produce is only going to go up and we have already destroyed tons of natural resources try to dispose of it.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 05:02 PM       
Wow, I didn't realize a state as liberal as California would suck that much at waste management.

Still, you aren't alone when it comes to having bums and criminals shipped to your area. I guess at some point, the homeless problem in Cleveland Oh. was so bad that the cops were given a part of the budget so that whenever they saw a vagrant in the streets, they gave them a one-way bus ticket to Youngstown, which is where I live
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 09:34 PM       
"whenever they saw a vagrant in the streets, they gave them a one-way bus ticket"

That's exactly what happened here except they also offered them a free meal. From what I undersand they actually send parolees to certain cities as well.

I really don't think it's so bad they are applying it to farm land I mean that's the most natural way to get rid of waste but concenrating it in an area so much that the air quality is constantly in the "unhealthy" range is bad(and taking 99% of someone else's shit is ridiculous). It's just sad there's not better and less severe alternatives to waste management considering people aren't going to stop shitting and people are going to keep having babies.
The article in the local paper also said they apply it to unincorporated land.

lol also if you read that article la county calls it illogical that we don't want their waste and yet they themselves are shipping it elsewhere.