Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 09:28 PM        Look out jesus is coming
MIDDLE EAST CRISIS

For some evangelicals, Mideast war stirs hope

Believing the Mideast conflict is a sign that Christ will return soon, some evangelical groups have cheered Israel's military actions.

BY ALEXANDRA ALTER

aalter@MiamiHerald.com

The Rapture Index -- a popular evangelical Christian Web posting that calculates a global rise in natural disasters, war and inflation -- bills itself as ``a Dow Jones industrial average of end-time activity.''

An index below 85 signifies a week of ''slow prophetic activity.'' Anything above 145 signals the apocalypse is near.

The Rapture Index this week: 158. The spike reflects many U.S. evangelicals' view that growing conflict in the Middle East signals the start of a global struggle leading to Christ's return.

The rest of the article here:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...g/15221578.htm
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 09:34 PM       
That thing must have exploded in 1967.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 11:21 PM       
I didnt know shooting a bunch of poontangs would bring back jesus
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 08:40 PM       
And behold the skies shall split and there shall be wars and rumours of wars then shall the christ return by his image in a pizza bread.

Austin 16:3

Honestly this is lame for every amtaeur theologin to try this. Wasn't Hitler the perfect image of the antichrist? Wasn't the fall of Jeruslaem in 70 AD the perfect fulfillemtn of his warning of end times? Didn't he say no man knows the date and time?

I think it's best EVEN IF YOU BELIEVE IN THIS not to put your money anywhere. Even if it was coming what would the Lord have you to do? He's want you to live the same safe, virtuous, not so risky life he would want you to live on the last day of earth as he would if it were to be another thousand years.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM       
I always thought that revelations being about visions into the future when the word revelations means, "to reveal" something that already happened(orishappening) was kind of humorous.
Unmedicated genius
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I always thought that revelations being about visions into the future when the word revelations means, "to reveal" something that already happened(orishappening) was kind of humorous.
it's revealing the future. From god's point of view it is finished.

When God is called "I am" it is something meaningful. In the past he wasnt simply "I was" he was "I am" In the future it is not so much that he will be, but that he is. he is the same and unending and unchanging. If you were to ask him "will you be there" he would answer "I am"

sorry i was trying a kulpterkampf
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 11:29 PM       
I AM HE WHO IS I AM.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM       
If you read the very first section of revelations you get the idea that what it's revealing is going to happen immediately. As such what he's really revealing is the consequences of actions that have been commited in the present and past. That's probably where most people get the idea that revelations was a "prophecy" of Jesus' death or something(with the antichrist being nero or other political figures etc.).

It's similar to going, "Hey look guys the world's in a shitty position now and more specificaly in a shitty position towards you so um i think you guys are screwed".

I don't really know though I'm just debating superficially.

You know speaking of which I was reading genesis the other day and noticed that the reason adam and eve were kicked out of the garden of eden was because God was prideful(or jealous/selfish) that if humans ate the tree of knowledge again they would become "Like us(Serpent and God?), Immortals."

I like that the jewish god calls himself 'I am that i am', if that's indeed what they call him. Sounds so ambigous like a god should be.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 11:40 AM       
why do you read the Bible so much?
BANNED

Old Aug 12th, 2006, 01:58 PM       
I don't read the bible, "So much" I just have one of those brains that remembers things.
Unmedicated genius
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 10:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
If you read the very first section of revelations you get the idea that what it's revealing is going to happen immediately. As such what he's really revealing is the consequences of actions that have been commited in the present and past. That's probably where most people get the idea that revelations was a "prophecy" of Jesus' death or something(with the antichrist being nero or other political figures etc.).

It's similar to going, "Hey look guys the world's in a shitty position now and more specificaly in a shitty position towards you so um i think you guys are screwed".

I don't really know though I'm just debating superficially.

You know speaking of which I was reading genesis the other day and noticed that the reason adam and eve were kicked out of the garden of eden was because God was prideful(or jealous/selfish) that if humans ate the tree of knowledge again they would become "Like us(Serpent and God?), Immortals."

I like that the jewish god calls himself 'I am that i am', if that's indeed what they call him. Sounds so ambigous like a god should be.
well first of all the first few chpaters of revalation aren't prophecy, they are advice to individual churches, the prophecy doesn't start until after the that. Also only one of those churches was realy persecuted cause at the time the churches where protected under roman law as a branch of judaism and therefor exempt from having to worship pagan gods

Second God said man would be like us knowing good and evil (therefor having a responsibility and being higher than animals) They were kicked out cause they disobeyed God when he told them "don't f*** yourself over, please" and they disobeyed.
BANNED

Old Aug 20th, 2006, 12:39 PM       
Well here's the verses in question just so you can see what they actually state:

Revelation 1
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

I used KJV because many people think that's the most "Christian". Notice how it mentions the prophecy will come soon more than once? TIME IS AT HAND. SHEW THEM THINGS WHICH WILL SHORTLY COME TO PASS.

Two v erses from genesis 3

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Weird huh? It's probably because the bible comes from judaism who's god, at times, seems like a prick.