Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 02:43 PM       
Try running a promotional offer through this site. Like new merchandise. And hope you get enough money. :/
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:19 PM       
I'm sure that Jamesman would bankroll the entire film if you gave him naked pictures of Doopa.

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
My mom knew Twisted Sister. They rule. Fuck you for making fun of Dee.
Dee Snider does DJ'ing on a radio close by, he does some pretty cool commercials.

But mockery, I say you go to a movie company for this. Write up a script and if a movie company likes it they'll fund you. The only problem is you won't get all the profits.

Not like you have many options, when was the last time you heard of a webmaster who made 50k?
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 04:39 PM       
I have.

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 05:18 PM       
Then again, the co-creator of yahoo.com became the youngest billionare ever

But you don't co-own yahoo

I say you whore 50 fat ladies for 1,000 each
fabulous
mischief is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 08:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retro Kat
Bake sale dude, no matter what, it'll cover it.
Or you could just sell your body

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:12 PM       
Funny that you bring this up though, RoG, because I just finished reading Shooting to Kill by Christine Vachon. She's produced a lot of movies, and the book shows you how to raise money, list a budget, shows what each thing in the budget means (gaffer, costume designer, etc.). The movies she produces are a lot different than the one you're about to make, but it's worth reading anyway.

Roger Corman's How I Made A Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime is also really good. Roger Corman pretty much pioneered the low-low-budget shock-horror genre, so that might be something you want to check out as well.

I haven't read Lloyd Kaufman's Make Your Own Damn Movie!, but that might be worth checking out. From the description at Amazon, it sounds a lot like Shooting to Kill, except that it's for the kind of movies you're making.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:20 PM       
That reminds me of my plan to create my own reality tv show.

6 people in a house.

planning a bank robbery.

you need to go to hollywood and approach some rich yuppies with the chance to be famous for just 50k
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:24 PM       
That's the only reality tv show I'd ever watch .

And the last one I recall watching was half an episode of Survivor :/
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 10:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Modular
I haven't read Lloyd Kaufman's Make Your Own Damn Movie!, but that might be worth checking out. From the description at Amazon, it sounds a lot like Shooting to Kill, except that it's for the kind of movies you're making.
Ironically, I'm in the middle of reading that very book right now. Very informative and just as funny as his first book. Still, while it has a whole chapter on fundraising, it still hasn't given me any new ideas in that area. But it'll definitely help with other areas of the filming process.

Anybody else with suggestions/ideas/rich friends?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 11:15 PM       
Perhaps Chojin and Jin can work as prostitutes?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 11:29 PM       
OMG HOW MUCH
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 11:46 PM       
You can also try a PayPal drive, as witnessed here and here. Some people are actually willing to put up money.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:46 AM       
Yeah, I've thought about a PayPal thing... but it's hard to imagine people donating 50k. I can't imagine how long it would take to raise that kind of cash via paypal donations.

I mean, I guess I could try it and offer listings in the credits to anybody that donates a certain amount or whatever. But then if the film doesn't get made, what do I tell 'em? "Uh sorry, we're not doing that film anymore, but thanks for your donation. We'll put it towards the site instead!" I dunno, I'm just overly paranoid about this shit I guess... I've always been uncomfortable with accepting donations as it is (which is why there's never been a donate to I-Mockery.com button on the site).

I just wish there was someone who knew a millionaire or somethin that could afford to spare 50-75k without even thinking about it, and in the end make a profit and get to call themselves something fancy like "excecutive producer". Eh, maybe I'll try asking this again when I launch my public "blog" on I-Mockery. Maybe somebody who knows somebody that can help out will read it.

Eh, it's hard to feel positive about such things working out when ya can't even find a job to cover the stupid rent. :/
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:52 PM       
Zombies are the lowliest of undead creatures. There need to be more movies about wraiths, liches, and revenants.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:46 PM       
You could make very decent money selling drugs to jr and high schoolers. Good money indeed.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore
Zombies are the lowliest of undead creatures. There need to be more movies about wraiths, liches, and revenants.
Indeed they are, but this is totally different from your average zombie flick. Definitely breaks a lot of the "zombie rules" too.

Speaking of zombies, I watched Day of the Dead again the other day. I love that one zombie that actually learns how to use a gun 'n shit hahah. He looks so excited when they let him wear the music headphones.
Rev. Danno is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:40 AM       
Face it RoG,
Time to start selling your treasured gems of the 80's on ebay.
Or sell I-mockery stuff on ebay.
Bid against other people to drive up the prices,
Buys stuff at garage sales, & estate sales, & sell it on ebay.

Zombies kick ass, I would fly across country to be in a zombie movie.
As soon as I get my first paycheck I'm sending money to I-mockery, & some just for the movie, & maybe I'll buy some I-mockery stuff instead of just writing I-mockery slogans on white t-shirts with majic markers.
feelevil is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:59 AM       
Quote:
You could make very decent money selling drugs to jr and high schoolers. Good money indeed.
now dun get me wrong yo >>> i ain't b h8n.. but after u posted dat shit << wuz it like "Now I'm going to sit back and let the LOLs roll in!" or wuz there jus no thought at all?

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 06:51 AM       
well, all i can suggest is to do budgets for different stages along the way, like first props and makeup, then hold one to cover the cost of filming, then editing, etc, rather than trying to get it all in one lump. Just look at it this way. The first stage goes thru, and if nothing else happens, then you have a bunch of zombie stuff. If it dies at the second stage, at least you have the footage, and can move on to the editing later.
And for the donation idea, how about if someone donates, say, $50 american, they get a vhs or dvd copy of the movie when they come out, and if they donate in the tripple digits, send them a prop or something after film is done.
hope to see it take off.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore
Wraiths, liches, and revenants never come out of the ground, infect people, and come in big fucking armies, BOY!

Mock, dawn of the dead is the best of the romero movies. Day was kind of a let down

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:44 PM       
I know, I own dawn of the dead on dvd. But "Day of the Dead" was still great, and probably more gory overall.

As for giving people stuff for donations, I've already said that I would probably do a fundraiser thing where people get their names listed in the credits 'n stuff. I wouldn't want to promise free copies of the movie to everybody, because I really don't know how much money I'd have left after the movie gets produced, so I wouldn't want to make promises I couldn't keep. All I can guarantee is listings on the credits and/or (if the person wants to drive out during filming) they can be an extra in the film.

-RoG-
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelevil
Quote:
now dun get me wrong yo >>> i ain't b h8n.. but after u posted dat shit << wuz it like "Now I'm going to sit back and let the LOLs roll in!" or wuz there jus no thought at all?
It's how I put some money in my pockets every once and awhile.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 09:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Wraiths, liches, and revenants never come out of the ground, infect people, and come in big fucking armies, BOY!
Pfff! I can infect someone by coughing on them. Wraiths devour souls!

Resident Chimp
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 09:07 PM       
Liches