Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

U-Suf is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 02:39 AM        Rockwell...
I have an idea for Rockwell (a concept for a new album to bring back the 80's funk). I assume everyone knows him, he did my favorite song (I was about 3 when it came out) "Somebody's Watching Me" (the paranoid schizophrenic anthem). I really relate to that song and every delusion that he mentioned in it I've had before (some more than others) being a mental patient myself (I'm not ashamed to admit, I've been hospitalized four times, been takin meds since I was about 7, and suffer from paranoid schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression, and I'm proud to have mental illnesses and don't even know why. I guess it makes me feel special, plus I was brought up to be special (I went to a sped (i.e. remedial) high school after getting kicked out of a few elementary schools and a junior high).
Does anyone on this board have any contact with him?
If so deliver this concept to him on my behalf:
He should do a concept album and make the concept mental illnesses. It should be 80's style funk and he should try to change the times instead of changing with the times (no Puffy guest appearances or eminem, just pure funk and if any guest appearances make it 80's artists whether rap, funk or r&b but not the current bullshit music artists who are just about all wack to me). He should re-issue "Somebody's Watching Me" on the album (the original version) along with other songs related to a variety (i.e. plethora) of mental illness, like depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, etc.
Maybe he could call it somethin like "Insane Funk" or "Crazy Funk" or "Wacko Factory" or "Insane Asylum Funk" etc.
He should spend as much time as possible in the studio, polishing it and perfecting it and then shop it to the major record labels (he should make sure that he maintains complete creative control) and see if they will manufacture and distribute it and if they do then that's great and if not he should make it on an independent label and get it to as many stores as possible along with selling it on the internet.
He should not do too many songs, more like 10-12 songs (an album with a small number of dope songs is way better than a double album where half of the songs suck).
I think if each song is anywhere close to as good as "somebody's watching me" it will be the all time great album, the pinnacle of music.
Let me know what you think and if anyone has anyway to contact Rockwell, please send him this post for him to ponder on and maybe even make this album.
Peace,
U-Suf
Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 03:12 AM       
Quote:
I'm proud to have mental illnesses and don't even know why
I'm proud to share with you my list of ailments which include schizoparalysis, glandular fluid constriction, chronic kidney jars, hornet infections, broken heart valves, tin can blockages in the knee caps, organic molecule gradation, ringing ears and hair, isotopical epidermis agression, sardonic foot salutation and vernacular augmentitis. I too want an 80s band to celebrate this specialness. It will be the pinnacle of music!

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:25 AM       
Thanks for sharing (had me laughin my ass off for about ten minutes, i need that kind of jokin for my depression problems). Hopefully things will go alright for me on this forum (I got in trouble with some gang members on my last one which sucked, I was scared for my life for about a week, thought they would track me down. Even though they still might track me down, I'm not as worried about it as I was before, the fear kind of wore off after the first week).
As far as this forums concerned, so far so good for me, but for me all good things come to an end abrubtly and they rarely come to begin with. I'll probably meet some fucked up people here too and wind up in a worse situation than list time, but Mike, your okay in my book (I think...).
Peace,
U-Suf
my signature pretty much sums up the story of my life:

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:28 AM       
If you were serious then I'll pray for you to get better and I'm sorry for laughing, it just sounded real funny and I assumed you were joking. (I also suffer from excessive self conciousness in case you didn't notice).
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:43 AM       
Just about everyone here (except me ) is on some kind of medication here U-Suf., you should fit in fine. Just dont piss off the gangbangers that hang out here, they have already killed a couple of us (except me ).
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:54 AM       
Thank's for the idea's for Rockwell, I will make sure he gets them. We here at I-mockery.net always appreciate any help you can give to failed musicians. Since this is such a popular website many celebrities often check the message boards for any chance at learning how to better their career, and they even become actively posting members.

I am recording artist Curtis Mayfield by the way, and if you have any comments or suggestions for me I would be greatly appreciative. My big return in 1996 didn't go so well, and since you have such great ideas maybe you could help a brother out?
Mocker
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:56 AM       
'....any help you can give to failed musicians.' This place really IS filled with failed musicians (including me ).
Mocker
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Suf
If you were serious then I'll pray
It's ok. I just gotta keep on keepin on, I guess.

Edit: Put happy face..then edit again cuz I put sad face cuz im sad then changed back to happy face and then I put angry face cuz i gotta be strong and then i put sad face cuz im sad.

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:10 AM       
Thanks for the advice Dole, and Supafly, maybe it's just my excessive paranoia, but I have a hunch that u might not really be curtis mayfield, but just in case you are, I'll try to share some ideas with you (I can't really think of any right now, I love your music but I think I'm fresh out of concepts, maybe if I do some brainstormin ill come up with sumthin, but I'm struggling). (Glad to hear your ok Mike)
Rev. Danno is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:11 AM       
Hey this is the list what wrong with you post well...
I am Alcoholic, Bi-polar, Icthyosis having, alergic to tons of thing, Photsensitive, Color-blind, ADHD, Alpha-25714, XXYY , Insomicac, and An Anorexic... also I spell bad... the long of it... I drink too much, violent mood swings, alergic to tons of things, can't go out in the sun, don't know orange from blue, what... oh yeah, Dead by the time I'm 55 because my lungs won't work, born both male and Female, Don't sleep or eat... Yeah, I'm so fucked... But the ladies like it, and that's what counts... I need to smoke more, maybe I can be dea dby the time I'm 45...
Mocker
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:20 AM       
You hav problims, huh. I hav problims danno. My problims.

I have giant squash bugs living in the rotting flesh of my legs and I cannot understand why there's a NES controller wedged between my nads. I can't get it out cuz it hurts *down there*. But I know what ur talking about this alcohol. It's the only thing that keeps me in one piece. When I'm not drunk I just sit around and grind lit cigarettes into my left eye-socket.
Slim Goodbody
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Suf
Thanks for the advice Dole, and Supafly, maybe it's just my excessive paranoia, but I have a hunch that u might not really be curtis mayfield, but just in case you are, I'll try to share some ideas with you (I can't really think of any right now, I love your music but I think I'm fresh out of concepts, maybe if I do some brainstormin ill come up with sumthin, but I'm struggling). (Glad to hear your ok Mike)
Heh, I know that most people don't believe it at first, but I really am. After my bitter anger from not being hired to do the soundtracks for "Superfly T.N.T." and in 1990 "The Return of Superfly" my career has been sliding down that destitute highway of hasbeens, but both movies failed miserably at least (because it wasn't MY music).
After 3 marrages and 5 children (all grown, 2 being musicians and the other 3 shame me), you really have other things to worry about. I still speak at arts schools and NAACP meetings from time to time to keep me going, but I really need to get back in the groove. These kids today don't know how to exploite themselves properly, and the stereotypes are starting to fade.
I hope to work with you sometime in the future. I was just in my basement studio, considering going back into the biz. Maybe I can call up Issac Hayes too and see if he wants in on this.

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:02 AM       
I feel a little naive but youre starting to convince me. My intellect isn't functioning too well, that's probably why. I'm tired as hell, waiting for the Italian specialty food store to open (I'm also hungry as hell, I usually eat a lot and I only had one meal in the last 24 hours which, for some, is a lot, but for me, it's very little, so my blood sugar is getting low, I feel like I might faint, and my mental faculties are kinda fucked up, you know how it is when your tired and hungry, you get stupid basically (at least i do) so, yeah, I really do believe your curtis mayfield, but after a good few samiches and 7-8 sleep I might reconsider that belief.

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:11 AM       
Even with my impaired intelligence, i finally figured out that your not curtis mayfield mr. "broke student". I'm so damn smart aka "full time mental patient" (and broke as well). I might be crazy but, damn, I'm flexing a 129 iq and close to 1100 on the sats so im pretty damn sharp.
Good job though, even though you never fully convinced me, you had me considering the possiblity.
Slim Goodbody
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:20 AM       
This is my son's account that we both use. He is 23 and still persuing a Degree in Economics I think, never will help anyone that way.
Seriously, look at that picture I use. I would never embarrass myself as much to put that up. I got too much style brother.
Sigh, but I doubt you believe me anyway. I will still contact Rockwell for you though, I know his father.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:44 AM       
My favourite works by Rockwell are his paintings of chubby boy scouts and families eating breakfast in the kitchen.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
'....any help you can give to failed musicians.' This place really IS filled with failed musicians (including me ).
*sigh* home amongst friends
Mocker
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:07 AM       
Abject failure is the new spectacular success.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:36 AM       
if thats the case, I'm God... :/
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 02:04 PM       
lol. supafly is curtis mayfield's gay son.

and i don't consider myself a "failed" musician; i simply haven't exactly succeeded yet. :O

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:08 PM       
The only person here with mental problems beyond lack-of-exercise-induced-saddy-saddies is Sethomas.

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:20 PM       
Thanks Supafly, I appreciate that you still have enough class to get the idea to Rockwell even though I don't believe you (sorry).
Slim Goodbody
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:41 PM       
You probably only believe that because I died in 1999. And that is bull my son.
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:38 PM        We need a reboot...or something....
This board has gotten too stupid....

I say if there's a new board, that admins would have to accept administrations so it can filter out morons.

I'm just having a crummy hour :/
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:43 PM       
Hey Supafly, I've been meaning to ask you....
What exactly is this?