Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 09:47 PM        For you Franken lovers
http://www.frankenlies.com/
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 11:13 PM       
And this has relevence to what now?
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 03:22 AM       
ho hum, another attack site from the right wing.. i was wondering when you would find it. love those links too..
pesky fundamentalists can be found in most towns in america, i try to avoid them. who is David Pierre anyway?

Al - 'Although I wrote this book in a spirit of dispassionate inquiry, I cannot expect my critics to respond in kind. My right-wing detractors will undoubtedly tell you that I’m “obnoxious,” “smug,” and a “clear and present threat to our national security.” I will not stoop to dignify such calumny with a response, except to say that Condoleezza Rice should watch her mouth. '
Mocker
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 10:52 AM       
Al Franken lies. Nuff' said.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 11:16 AM       
and the current administration doesn't?
you're a fucking idiot, boy.
Mocker
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 11:17 AM       
What does that have to do with anything? All that shows is that Franken can only be taken as seriously as Bush. Is that really what you wanted to point out?

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 11:23 AM       
wow, thanks for enlightening me OAO, I'm no longer going to vote for Franken... oh wait, that's right, he's a fucking comedian.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 11:31 AM       
no, you stated that Franken lies. I pointed out that Bush lies more and with more destructive consequences. You post random piles of shit for no other reason than to show strangers on a message board that you possess a broad vocabulary and a primary knowledge of the world and it's political leanings.

You're still a fucking idiot, in my humble opinion and should probably spend your time in a more constructive pursuit...perhaps russian roulette?
Mocker
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 12:00 PM       
Amusing, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM       
wrong number 1 to you: You being fucked in the ass with a nail.
+ wrong number 2 to you: You being shot in the face with a machine gun.
= one huge right for us!
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 02:33 PM       
Well Said...
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 04:07 PM       
I'll tell you what, I never voted for Franken. I resent what he's done to America, how he spends my taxes and the many fine young boys who died in the uneccesary war he started.

George Bush on the other hand should not be held to that sort of standard, becuase he's primaraly a comedian, holds no ones life in his hands and is really, really funny.
Mocker
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM       
You are all fools. George Bush is irrelevant in this discussion. People take Franken seriously when he should not be. Limbaugh has a more honest track record than Franken.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM       
This whole discussion is pretty irrelevant.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 08:11 PM       
Quote:
Limbaugh has a more honest track record than Franken
i'm speechless
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 08:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by doofus
You are all fools. George Bush is irrelevant in this discussion. People take Franken seriously when he should not be. Limbaugh has a more honest track record than Franken.
Hmmmm.......

Number of deaths resulting from any lies in Franken's book: 0

Number of deaths resulting from lies by the Bush Administration: Depends on who you're counting: American soldiers (around 550), or Iraqi civilians (over 10,000, last I heard).

Couple of other things, junior: First, I'll bet that you haven't even read Franken's book. Furthermore, that site is weak. Beware sites that take carefully selected quotes and put them out of context. Someone as smart as you seem to think you are should know that.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 11:14 AM       
OAO is a conclusions first kind of guy. Then he looks for a supporting argument and he's not very choosy about them. He doesn't synthesize the heavy weight intellectual stuff he pushes, he synthesizes just enough of it for a short essay or multiple choice answer on a test. Book jacket fodder. Then he mixes it with swallowing whole anything he can surf up to agree with a current argument he's selected based entirely on being oppositional. The "Hey, I'm an asshole" approach to thinking.

Witness the 'science' he's pandered around, and now this sort of crapola.

His 'intelect' is currently of the trained monkey variety (Not that there's anything wrong with that at fifteen) but he's so impressse with it, it strikes me as unlikely he'll go farther. Added to this, his intellect lacks any rigor. If he can find something that matches his already determined conclusion, taking a look at how good a source it is, or if it can stand on it's own at all, or if it even makes sense is beside the point.

Lazy, self serving, self impressed. Not a good foundation.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 11:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
you are a fucking idiot!!!
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 11:31 AM       
I particularly like his stand on people who break drug laws doing time. It doesn't get more honest than that.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 11:38 AM       
It boggles the mind why he stays here and lets people make fun of him.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Al Franken lies. Nuff' said.
What the fuck makes you think that anyone on this site takes Franken seriously?

As for Limbaugh, let's see you come up with Franken statements more riduculous than these:

LIMBAUGH: "It has not been proven that nicotine is addictive, the same with cigarettes causing emphysema [and other diseases]." (Radio show, 4/29/94)

REALITY: Nicotine's addictiveness has been reported in medical literature since the turn of the century. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop's 1988 report on nicotine addiction left no doubts on the subject; "Today the scientific base linking smoking to a number of chronic diseases is overwhelming, with a total of 50,000 studies from dozens of countries," states Encyclopedia Britannica's 1987 "Medical and Health Annual."

LIMBAUGH: "Now I got something for you that's true--1972, Tufts University, Boston. This is 24 years ago--or 22 years ago. Three year study of 5000 co-eds, and they used a benchmark of a bra size of 34C. They found that the--now wait. It's true. The larger the bra-size, the smaller the IQ." (TV show, 5/13/94)

REALITY: Dr. Burton Hallowell, president of Tufts in the '60s and '70s, had "absolutely no recollection" of such a study, according to Tufts' communications office. "I surely would have remembered that!" he exclaimed. Limbaugh's staff was unable to produce any such study. A search of the Nexis database--while revealing no evidence of a Tufts study--did produce a number of women theorizing that the presence of large breasts caused a lowering of IQ in some males.

LIMBAUGH: "Women were doing quite well in this country before feminism came along." (Radio show, quoted in FRQ, Summer/93)

REALITY: Before feminism, women couldn't even vote.

LIMBAUGH: "There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of genocide?" (Told You So, p. 68)

REALITY: According to Carl Shaw of the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs, estimates of the pre-Columbus population of what later became the United States range from 5 million to 15 million. Native populations in the late 19th century fell to 250,000, due in part to genocidal policies. Today the U.S.'s Native American population is about 2 million.

LIMBAUGH: "Do you know we have more acreage of forest land in the United States today than we did at the time the constitution was written." (Radio show, 2/18/94)

REALITY: In what are now the 50 U.S. states, there were 850 million acres of forest land in the late 1700s vs. only 730 million today (The Bum's Rush, p. 136). Limbaugh's claim also ignores the fact that much of today's forests are single-species tree farms, as opposed to natural old-growth forests which support diverse ecosystems.

LIMBAUGH: "If you have any doubts about the status of American health care, just compare it with that in other industrialized nations." (Told You So, p. 153)

REALITY: The United States ranks 19th in life expectancy and 20th in infant mortality among 23 industrialized nations, according to the CIA's 1993 World Fact Book. The U.S. also has the lowest health care satisfaction rate (11 percent) of the 10 largest industrialized nations (Health Affairs, vol. 9, no. 2).

LIMBAUGH: "The poorest people in America are better off than the mainstream families of Europe." (Radio show, quoted in FRQ, Spring/93)

REALITY: Huh? The average cash income of the poorest 20 percent of Americans is $5,226; the average cash income of four major European nations--Germany, France, United Kingdom and Italy--is $19,708.

LIMBAUGH: "Banks take the risks in issuing student loans and they are entitled to the profits." (Radio show, quoted in FRQ, Summer/93)

REALITY: Banks take no risks in issuing student loans, which are federally insured.
Mocker
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:19 PM       
All of you are committing logical fallacies. What Bush has done is not relevant in this discussion. It would have the same relevance as my saying "Well, look at what Stalin did" whenever you talk about Bush.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:28 PM       
So, what was the point of posting this site? Everybody here's demonstrated pretty well that the credibility isn't great. It sure seems like you keep posting these things just to piss everyone off or get them to make fun of you.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:28 PM       
Hey guys, this humorist lies in his book! Isn't that the worst thing you've ever heard!?
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
LIMBAUGH: "If you have any doubts about the status of American health care, just compare it with that in other industrialized nations." (Told You So, p. 153)
Industrialized nations meaning "nations where industries go to recruit children to work in factories for pennies a day" I suppose?