Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 11:02 PM        Robotec?
i have no idea what this is but i just remember the name. i think it was some type of toy. i asked some other people but to no avail and its been bugging the hell outta me for a week

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:56 AM       
You mean Robotech? Cause I think that was just the predecessor to Metaltech, Battledrome, Battlemech, Metalmechsyncnocpacmacpaddywhack and eventually Mechwarrior.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 12:31 PM       
i might seem really ignorant but what are those?
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 01:06 PM       

I'm not sure i've heard of Robotec, but i amvery aware of the robotech/macross series... Man that was some good shit, one of the few great cartoons they showed on AFN when i lived in Germany (That and the Galaxy Rangers) Found a pretty cool site on em if you're interested in learning more:

http://www.robotech.com/

Basically it has to do with the same old Rigamarole, PLanet earth got there hands on a new technology to fight off an invading horde of Space aliens that were like 100 times the size of humans. As such the humans had to make this kick ass mecha's to combat them. THese mechas were awesome, could change form from a jet, to a full blown robot (like above) to a half-robot with wings. One of my fav japanamation series from the old school (besides FOTNS). Check it out, was pretty tight shit.

CrazyAmericanScum is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:46 AM       
Macross Kicked Ass.

Hands down.

Watch the japanese ones, not Robotech, the bastard offspring of our shitty culture.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:44 AM       
In all fairness, though, singers were considered support units in the Macross universe.

A.S.H. is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 06:28 AM       
Macross 7 maybe, but that's cause Macross 7 was written by Japanese Pop Idols who went mad with power.

That aside, let it be known that I fucking love Robotech to death. Hell, you know what that is to the left there? That's a VT-1D Trainer Valkyrie/Veritech/Variable Fighter (it's gone through more name changes than a con artist), admittedly with somewhat disproportionate features, but it only cost $5.

Robotech is currently available on DVD in three nifty wifty box sets, each containing a full saga, the Macross Saga, the Southern Cross Saga, and the New Generation. They have also released the original version of each of the three anime series that made Robotech, those being, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (I would tell you what that stands for but that would be at the risk of looking like a bigger dork than I have already made myself out to be).

For a good anime that seems like Robotech, and you don't need to know a lot about the original Macross to enjoy it, check out Macross Plus, which has a wonderful message, that Pop Idols will one day try to take over Earth.
"Who are these people? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas. And, sweet jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at four thirty on a Sunday morning." - Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
I do not do drugs, I am drugs. - Salvador Dali