Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 04:09 AM        Rap
A lot of people don't like rap music. I don't mind it when someone has an informed opinion, but people who say things like "YOU CANT SPELL CRAP WITHOUT RAP" or "ALL RAP IS CRAP LOL GET IT THEY RHYME" are idiots. Just because all the rap you see on MTV or on the radio is shit doesn't mean it's all bad. If you thought all rock music was shit just because the rock music they show on MTV is shit, you would be a fucking idiot. It's the exact same with rap music, yet that seems to be a popular view.

But since the GOOD rap music never gets any exposure, I will now list some of the rap albums for people who have a biased against rap when they feel a natural emotion, which is hatred of Nelly. Before you tell me I suck and everything I like sucks, download some of the songs I mention and listen to them first. Enjoy, faggots!

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Almost any album by the Wu-Tang Clan or anyone with anything to do with them is great, but this album is pure dadaist genius. It also has one of the coolest album cover art ever.
Songs to download: Apollo Kids, Stroke of Death, Buck 50, Child's Play

Deltron 3030
Possibly the nerdiest rap album ever made. It's a great concept album, and Del The Funky Homosapien is an excellant rapper, and Dan the Automater is an excellant producer. Dr. Octagon is also a good album, except Kool Keith is clinically insane. That's either a good thing or a bad thing.
Songs to download: 3030, Battle Song, Love Story, Virus, Turbulence

Non-Phixion - The Future is Now
People call them the white, Jewish version of Public Enemy. This is one of my favorite albums. I bought it from their website, and not only was it cheaper than had I bought it at a retail store, but they included a big poster signed by all four members of the group and some stickers and some other shit. They are so cool.
Songs to download: The CIA is Trying to Kill me, Black Helicopters, We Are the Future, Cult Leader

Nas - Illmatic
Here's how good this album was: Nas was able to stay famous for 10 years despite the fact that almost all the albums he released after this one were shit.
Songs to Download: New York State of Mind, Life's a Bitch, One Time for Your Mind

Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary
KRS-One, former frontman of BDP, was supposed to release an album last November with several tracks about how much Nelly sucks. But it hasn't come out yet and it looks like it won't because Koch is the worst label ever. Sad.
Songs to Download: My Philosophy, T'Cha T'Cha, Illegal Business

Outkast - Stankonia
This is their most popular album, there are at least three or four others that are just as good, but this is my favorite. It's funky.
Songs to download: B.O.B., Gasoline Dreams, Stankonia (Stanklove), Spaghetti Junction

Canibus - Mic Club
He thinks he's better than he really is, but he's impressive just for the fact that there aren't any breaks in most of his songs. He just keeps going.
Songs to download: Poet Laurette, Drama, Liberal Arts ft. Jedi Mind Tricks

Wyclef Jean - The Carnival
Although this album has too many skits which aren't funny, some of them are really funny. Which is something you can't say about most rap albums not made by Redman. I like Wyclef. This is almost a reggae album. Although there are some truely atrocious songs, including a cover of Staying Alive that is even worse than the original. Ick.
Songs to download: Gunpowder, Jaspora, Sang Fezi, Street Jeopardy, Year of the Dragon, Mona Lisa

A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
Q-Tip is one of the best rappers ever. Phife Dawg, ATCQ's other emcee, is one of the worst. Go figure.
Songs to download: Excursions, Scenario, Jazz

Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep
Gravediggaz is composed of Prince Paul, the genius behind De La Soul; RZA, the genius behind the Wu Tang Clan; Poetic, who's just a genius; and Frukwan, who sucks. The point of this album is that it's a huge joke. It's supposed to be a horror core hyperbole. It also sounds like it was recorded in a closet.
Songs to download: 1-800-Suicide, 6 Feet Deep, Diary of a Madman, Mommy What's a Gravedigga?

Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent by Design
Don't be fooled by their name. Although they are huge nerds.
Songs to Download: Contra, I Against I, Retaliation, Genghis Kahn, Executioner's Dream

GZA/Genius - Liquid Sword
Labels is one of the most innovative songs ever, especially when you count how many record labels he actually mentions. The number is important. His other two albums "Beneath the Surface" and "Legend of a Liquid Sword" are also very good. "Words from the Genius" is bad, and was made before the Wu-Tang Clan formed.
Songs to Download: 4th Chamber, Labels, Shadowboxing, B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth), Cold World

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: The 36 Chambers
It's sad that Wu-Tang will be remembered most as the group that Ol' Dirty Bastard is a member of. But who could forget him running on stage during the grammys and shrieking "Puffy is good but Wu Tang is fo' the childrens!"?
Songs to Download: Protect Ya Neck, The Mystery of Chessboxing, Bring the Ruckus, Can it Be that it was all so Simple?

Even though I know nobody will read this and two people will post saying rap sucks no matter what I think, but I was bored. These are the albums I recommend to people who are intested in rap music but have no knowledge of it besides what they see in commercials.

Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 09:53 AM       
You left out Busta Rhymes and Pharcyde.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:21 PM       
The first album Busta Rhymes ever appeared on was A Tribe Called Quest's Low End Theory.

Bam!
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:57 PM       
Don't forget the Beastie mutha fuckin Boys.
Jurassic 5 kicks ass.
So does Cypress Hill.
Props for Jedi Mind Tricks.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 03:20 PM       
I'm personally not big on the beasties.
I like most of the stuff you mentioned, plus Dr. Octagon (most Kool Keith albums have a few great songs on them, but this album is especially good). and I agree with the addition of Pharcyde. It really is a shame that people either only listen to horrible rap, or don't like it because all they know is the bad "Mtv" stuff.

I'm getting so sick of this "bling-bling" diamond encrusted toilet seat Jay-Z bullshit.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 04:33 PM       
Hello Nasty is one of my favorite rap albums. I don't listien to much other rap, except Tribe Called Quest, Roots fucking rocked.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:34 PM       
Shit, i trust bobo enough to look for all of 'em. I already like Wu-Tang, Del, and Doc. Consider this a success, Yeah, i know my last two metal points are being lost here.