Dystopia
Nasum
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Non Negotiable Life
Analrip
Anal Blast
Prosthetic Cunt
Anal Cunt

As you can see, my list is seriously lacking. Not gonna be picky this time, just give me names, and i'll look them up.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 01:11 PM        Hmmm...
How about Walls of Jericho?

And isn't Cannibal Corpse grindcore?
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 02:36 PM       
Ah, forgot about Walls over the summer, will get some more. CC are mislabeled as grindcore. They're death metal.

BulletCatcher is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM       
WALLS OF JERICHO GRINDCORE? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?! Walls of Jericho is a HARDcore band. A tough guy kind of band at that. It's simple, slow punchy rhythms designed for the average tough guy idiot with fast parts and a little hint of metal-esque guitar playing. Don't get me wrong, I like the band alot, but they are BY NO MEANS grindcore. I can't even see where you can even be confused by this.

As for Grindcore, Pittsburgh is the east coast grindcore capitol. Look for Circle of Dead Children and Commit Suicide. Totally Awesome Dudes were another excellent band I'd recommend, but the availability of their tracks I'm not too sure of. On the more grind side of things, check out Cephalic Carnage and Benumb. The Blood Brothers sound like the Locust, so you'd probably like them alot, too.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:20 PM       
Hm. Painkiller are strange. Jazz, fusion, noise grind with mr. Zorn in it if you can take it. I don't like too many grind bands, but mentioned Cephalic Carnage are a good pick. The Kevorkian Solution too.

Dunno, I suggest not investing too much money in the genre, it's sort of a gimmick thing.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:00 PM        Gah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletCatcher
WALLS OF JERICHO GRINDCORE? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?! Walls of Jericho is a HARDcore band. A tough guy kind of band at that. It's simple, slow punchy rhythms designed for the average tough guy idiot with fast parts and a little hint of metal-esque guitar playing. Don't get me wrong, I like the band alot, but they are BY NO MEANS grindcore. I can't even see where you can even be confused by this.

As for Grindcore, Pittsburgh is the east coast grindcore capitol. Look for Circle of Dead Children and Commit Suicide. Totally Awesome Dudes were another excellent band I'd recommend, but the availability of their tracks I'm not too sure of. On the more grind side of things, check out Cephalic Carnage and Benumb. The Blood Brothers sound like the Locust, so you'd probably like them alot, too.
Gah. Someone mentioned them to me and described them as grindcore. I haven't actually heard them, only heard OF them.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:57 PM       
Cephalic Carnage, Blood Brothers, Circle of Dead Children, Walls of Jericho on the way, Couldn't find the other stuff, though.
Paul138 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 10:35 PM       
Look into GlamCore bands. I'm too lazy to look them up, but I know such a style exists, it's just too underground to get noticed.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 10:53 PM       
Good calls, Bullet. I like The Blood Brothers, they do indeed smack of the locust, with a much less gay version of Mindless Self Indulgence (coming from the singer, particularly on "Devner Max") thrown in. I was unable to find anything by Totally Awesome Dudes, Commit Suicide, or Benumb, however. CODC seems more death metal to me than grindcore, reminding me of a cross between Cryptopsy and Exhumed more than anything else, but it's not bad at all. Cephalic Carnage still en queue, along with Painkiller and Brodequin, though.

As for spending money on the genre, i find that i enjoy grindcore as one of my favorites, gimmick or not. Granted, some of it's pretty lame, but i just can't get enough of the stuff. It's loud, it's fast, and it's pissed off. Good times.

Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:11 AM       
I'm actually surprised you couldn't find anything by Benumb. I'll have to make you some mp3s. They're an excellent band. Commit Suicide is a lesser known Pittsburgh band (so I'm not surprised that they don't have much in the ways of mp3s), and sister band to Circle of Dead, as they always play together. Their drummer is simply amazing. Circle of Dead Children is very influenced by death metal and it will take you a while to see the odd timing and little intricacies that seperate them from Death Metal. They even have a little bit of a crust sound at times. I assure you though, they are grindcore.

Irwin M. Fletcher is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 04:56 PM       
Walls of Jericho = NOT grindcore.
Dystopia = NOT grindcore.

Some classic grindcore = Terrorizer, early Carcass, early Napalm Death, Apartment 213, etc.

Some good newer bands not yet mentioned = Retaliation, Relevant Few, Nyctophobic, and many more. I could go on forever but I'll draw a blank.

Benumb = godly.

Commit Suicide = awesome, but death metal.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:36 PM       
I'm not keen on scales or timings or such, but please explain to me how dystopia's not grindcore. I'm probably wrong, but they sound like grind to me. :/

Haven't even heard of Relevant Few, looking them up now, along with Retaliation and Nyctophobic.

As for Carcass and Napalm Death, i don't think i'd be posting here if i didn't have anything by them. :O
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 01:59 AM       
dying fetus?
brutal truth?
spazz?
Mocker

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 09:21 AM       
Dying Fetus are a weird crossbreed. Partly grind. But great band.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 09:06 PM       
Brutal Truth is one i've looked for before and found nothing of, but this time i got two tracks on a stable and active connection. Spazz turned up no results, sadly. And Dying Fetus? Already got 'em, but they seem more Death to me, hence their lack of appearance on the list. I've captured one song by a band called Painkiller, Helm, but what i got was "DJ Shadow vs. Depeche Mode" from audiogalaxy, and there's a glaring lack of grind in it, just jazzy techno stuff. It's not bad, but i think i may have the wrong band. Did i just get one of their predominately techno type songs, or what?
Mocker

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 05:43 PM       
http://www.ssmt-reviews.com/db/searc...howReview=true

THAT Painkiller.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 10:16 PM       
Sounds promising. I'll see if i can dig anything up.
Stardrowned is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:02 PM       
The Red Chord are my favorite grind band, you can download a live version of "dreaming in dog years", which is there best song, off their website. It's theredchord.com if you couldn't guess. also some other grindcore bands would be:
Cattle Decapitation
Daughters
Employer, Employee
Soilent Green
Extreame Noise Terror

and i know Roboticempire.com has a circle of dead children mp3 and some pig destroyer videos plus other grind to download.
Mocker

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 06:37 PM       
Your handle is an At The Gates song. Great
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 08:31 PM       
Will do, Star. Looking up everything but Extreme Noise Terror, already have them on me list.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 09:11 PM       
Went to the Robotic Empire site, got some of the mp3s. Pardon my ignorance, but the singer from The Red Chord reminds me of corpsegrinder, though that's not neccesarily a bad thing. I really like this Pig Destroyer video, it's fucking awesome that he keeps going after he breaks the mic.
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:35 PM       

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 11:58 AM       
Check out The Nemo. They're from Edinborough, and I'm sure Black Flag can tell you of their awesomeness. They actually have a drummer now and WERE going to release a full length on Relapse, but Relapse's waiting list for new bands is 2 years, so they opted to not sign with them.[/url]
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 09:11 PM       
That's some pretty neat stuff, bullet.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 01:01 AM       
THE NEMO ROCK!

I saw them at the Woodcock Township Building a couple months ago with Between the Buried and Me and From a Second Story Window.