Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Elecman.exe is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 12:02 AM        DC Comics
I love DC comics....Well..not all of 'em.. But then again, not every Marvel comics fan likes every Marvel series. The point is, DC gets alot of bad rep in places like this, mainly because the webmaster seems to think Aquaman is a worthless hero ( However, 5 bucks says he's NEVER read an aquaman comic in his life). Yet strangely enough, he makes a dedication to Zod, the villain from the film "Superman 2", who is, along with his two comrades, the worst DC villains of all time. Now, granted, if you look at old DC comics, they will seem corny, but hey, it's the same with Marvel. Personally, I enjoy Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Hawkman. However, most of you here would probably be more inclined to something a bit more mainstream, say Superman, Batman, The Flash, or for a stretch, The Green Arrow.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 12:34 AM       
Comic Forum ...
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 06:26 AM       
". Personally, I enjoy Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Hawkman. However, most of you here would probably be more inclined to something a bit more mainstream, say Superman, Batman, The Flash, or for a stretch, The Green Arrow."

-yeah, because the Aquaman and Green Lantern are fucking OUT THERE!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 11:07 AM       
Part of the reason so many people on this site hate Aquaman is because given the nature of his power, he would be all but useless on land, and so all his storylines involve ocean life, or things being dumped into the ocean. He's a boring character.

As for Zod, he was dead even with Superman, until the very end of the movie. Plus, he had character, another aspect sadly lacking in Aquaman.

Me, I think DC Comics is ok. After all, they do have Berserk.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 12:08 PM       
Actually, Aquaman can make telepathic attacks to any person who evovled from ocean life. Plus, he's got a mechanical hand, he tore up Hades in one comic I believe and ripped off one of Cerberus' heads and beat up a bunch of other things and people etc.

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X
Actually, Aquaman can make telepathic attacks to any person who evovled from ocean life.
I don't know anyone that evolved from ocean life. Most of the people I know came from either primates, or alien meteor fragments.

Quote:
Plus, he's got a mechanical hand
So does the guy from Berserk, but he's better at it.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 02:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Quote:
Actually, Aquaman can make telepathic attacks to any person who evovled from ocean life.
I don't know anyone that evolved from ocean life. Most of the people I know came from either primates, or alien meteor fragments.
Primates whose ancestors' ancestors came from fish.

Also, does the guy from Berserk's hand SHOOT OFF!?

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Quote:
Primates whose ancestors' ancestors came from fish.
Lame.

Quote:
Also, does the guy from Berserk's hand SHOOT OFF!?
It can fire a huge cannon-like blast, and has an attachable repeater crossbow.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 02:58 PM       
lame how? Almost all land animals evolved from fish.

But you're right, the Berserk guy's hand is cooler. I must have it.

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
lame how? Almost all land animals evolved from fish.
Lame because it's an interesting, but flimsy, idea applied to an otherwise boring character. It's like putting a hot rod engine in a VW Bus.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:07 PM       
Arachnids didn't evolve from fish. Or insects. All right, that's all I got.

Not getting into the discussion here, I know nothing about Berserker and all I know about Aquaman is what Seanbaby taught me. Just saying, is all.
Nemesis is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:56 AM       
I tend to like DC better. But maybe that's because I'm a Batman freak. I don't know. I liked Crisis on Infinite Earths a lot, too. Oh, fuck it, I'm not much enlightened when it comes to comics. Except Batman.

But I do like the Punisher, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
Not getting into the discussion here, I know nothing about Berserker and all I know about Aquaman is what Seanbaby taught me. Just saying, is all.
Good site.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 02:06 PM       
I don't like Aquaman that much, but I'm not going to call him the stupidest superhero ever. If anything this bad rep comes from the Superfriends cartoon and if you're going to base characterizations off of that, you might as well accept the Adam West Batman series as well.

Does this deconstructionist attitude towards comics of old just annoy the fuck out of everyone else? Just because people started getting nervous about liking guys in tights with goofy costumes fight evil and are over twenty years old doesn't mean every comic book hero has to be made relevant and can no longer fight 'goofy' criminals or wear leather and shit. There's a place for dark comics and also a place for typical comics. Just because a bunch of people are afraid they'll be looked down upon for liking the blue/yellow costumes of the X-Men because they're nearing thirty doesn't mean every superhero pre-1995 is some fruit. Geez.
Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 10:25 PM       
One of the better DC Comics I've read is "Resurrection Man". If you don't know the basis, here it is: a man is infused with some kind of technology which allows him to revive after dying. The thing is, every time he revives, he gets a new superpower. It was pretty good, and not nearly as bad as I made it sound.

As for Aquaman... go read the first few issues of his nineties revival. He kicked so much ass. Hell, he even took out Superboy. Of course, I hate that little asshole, so I might be the only proud of that fact.

Other good stuff was "Black Condor" (Native American enviromentalist with wings protects his forest, better than I make it sound) and "Major Bummer" (Slacker gets superpowers and attempt to continue on with life).

I also think that "Superman" is quite overrated. As for Batman, I have this thing on my site with my extremely biased view on him.

EDIT: As for the desconstructionist attitude, it bugs me too. Marvel has kind of the right idea (Keeping the old while also reinventing with their "Ultimate" universe), but they need to stick with it.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 11:22 PM       
Should I even comment on how DC decided that the age of the secret identity was over and done with?