Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 01:08 AM        Max, you're hard work is well appreciated!
Hey, Max, I seem to remember you telling us all something about you getting to work on the big Star Wars exhibit that is travelling around the country at the moment. Well, your work has come to Ohio this past week, and we here in the Ohio 501st Garrison (Stormtrooper Legion, for those that don't know) would like to send our thanks your way. Here's a photo from the opening day of the event. Yes, that old guy you people see is the original actor behind the Boba Fett helmet:

Here are a couple of quotes from our forums:

Quote:
This weekend was one of the best 501st trooping events I have ever done. And It wouldnt have been without everyone there. The exhibit is great, the people were amazing.
Quote:
This was undoubtedly the best OG event ever here. I had a great time the whole weekend. Everyone did a great job! The fans were so enthusiastic over us it very rewarding to make their visit extra special.
I just thought maybe you would appreciate knowing that all of your hard work last year helping put this thing together has gone off so well. On behalf of the every US Garrison that gets the pleasure of trooping at this event, we thank you.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 03:43 AM       
Wow... That's cool...
What kind of health coverage does the 5o1st get?

Normally, I'd be all, "LOLZ, STAR WARZ NYRD!",
but in reality, my life sucks. It's cool, dude.

Star Wars is groovy...
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 07:37 AM       
cool, but I'm not a big fan of cosplaying :/
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 09:04 AM       
Thank you sir! I'm only one small part of the team that put the exhibit together, but it's an excellent exhibit from both the fan boy and Science education perspectives, and the result of two years of work. It's excellent to hear it was well recieved.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 10:04 AM       
That guy with the underbite front and center looks like the biggest douchebag ever.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 12:10 PM       
I don't know him personally, but if he's anything like the rest of the OG crew, he's definitely not a douchebag, lol.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 12:18 PM       
As I think I wrote when I worked with the SW costume crew out here (and I got to direct a massive set piece for the opening Gala, the first time I ever worked with such a huge number of people, I felt like Cecil Fucking Demille) Out of costume they look like the most rag tag assembelege of Geeks you ever saw, but when the threads go on, they are consumate professionals. Never broke character once, even when George Lucas was just ass grabbing distance away.

I just spoke with my friend Shana who went out from our museum for the exhibit install and opening, and she said you guys were awesome.