Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:18 PM        The Aristocrats/Sophistocates.
So this movie from about a year or two ago comes out. It has about 100 comedians telling the same joke over and over. The basis is that a man goes into a talent agent's office and has to pitch a family act to him. This is where you ad-lib and make the most disgusting or obscure act you can think of and stretch it out to however long you would like. At the end, the talen agent asks what the act is called and the man says, "the Aristocrats!"
The joke sucks but it is a great forum for people to show off whether they're a hack or a really good/funny story teller.
So the basis of the joke is:
"A man walks into a talent agent's office and he says, 'I've got a great family act for you and I would like you to hear about it.' The talent agent says, 'Okay, tell me,' and the man goes..."
*ad-lib*
"The talent agent asks, 'What do you call this act?' and the man says, "The Aristocrats!"
I would start it off but this is already long enough. Hopefully someone who has seen this movie will kick it off and then I'll tell mine.

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:19 PM       
i'm not playing this game
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:24 PM       
A guy walks into a talent agnecy with his family and a dog. The talent agent says, "Hey, woah, there, fellas, no dogs in my office", The leader of the group says, "Oh, but this is no ordinary dog, it's a Talking Dog" Well, the talent agent says "With prices like the ones indcated on your contract rider, you won't be getting many gigs", to which the Dog quickly replies, "The ARISTOCRATS!"
Out of his element.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM       
Another example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn17to17EQw

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:47 PM       
A family and their dog walks into a talent agency the talent agency "hey guys what's your favorite movie" the family says

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Grislygus' best friend
Azrael is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 03:38 PM       
I'd like to request that you stop beating on that poor Horses' corpse.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 03:47 PM       
A horses corpse walks into a talent agency and says "Excuse me, did an act called 'The Aristocrats' just come in here? Because they dropped this folder of press kits in the waiting room and I thought they might want them back." And the Agent says "The ARISTOCRATS!? I thought they said KING KONG balls!"
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 03:57 PM       
Two fat Mexican lesbians walk onto a public transit bus, and one had just eaten a can of baked beans....
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM       
A man walks into a talent agency etc. and says I have this joke that has been done 65 times on this message board alone. The talent agent asks what the act is called and the man says, "The repitocraps!"

the end
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 04:45 PM       
*claps*

excellent!
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 10:54 AM       
A talent agent walks into an Aristocrat. They both get up. The Aristocrat says "I am somehow put in mind of a family doing filthy, incestous things as a form of entertainment". In an instant, the Talent Agent achieves enlightenment.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 10:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
A talent agent walks into an Aristocrat. They both get up. The Aristocrat says "I am somehow put in mind of a family doing filthy, incestous things as a form of entertainment". In an instant, the Talent Agent achieves enlightenment.
The joke's face has been officially rocked. A winner is you.

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:08 AM       
I'm a huge fan of that movie by the way. I liked Sarah Silverman's take best, and Gilbert Gottfriend (who I think is tragically underrated) next
Out of his element.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:19 AM       
I agree about Gilbert. It's a tragedy that they didn't show the other telling of his joke because that was fucking funny. And of course Saget was his dirty self. Except quoting this movie would probably get me "inactive" again. I'll try one anyway, by the host of Bobby's World and Deal or No Deal, Howie Mandel:
"This is the only movie where you say the word 'cunt' 10 times and the person behind the camera says, 'Perfect, that's exactly what we need.'"

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM       
Howie Mandel was the only person in that flick who was not funny.

Greg Rogell did an outstanding version, I thought. I was amazed at how creative people got with this joke. Wendy Liebman's was a nice twist, and I liked Steven Wright's a lot as well. My favorites were Stanhope, Gottfried, and Silverman.

As much as Robin Williams irritates me most of the time, I liked his piano player joke.

Whoever hasn't seen this should go buy the DVD immediately. The extras alone are worth the price.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM       
I gotta disagree with the Howie Mandel thing but I see where you're coming from. He was playing off a gimmick. Here's a kid-oriented entertainer exploiting a taboo word. It worked for Saget but not everyone can do it. My favorite scenes are Steven Wright's "Shining" version of the joke and when Jon Ross is in the men's room talking about his grandfather fucking his wife.
And Greg Rogell? Very underrated.