Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2003, 09:41 PM        THE NAME THE GAME THREAD
OK, this thread might serve another purpose after I've gotten past the original point of it, hence the name...

However, the original reason I posted it is because there is an old Gameboy game I remember I loved playing back in the day and a ROM search turned me up empty-handed, mainly because I couldn't remember the NAME of the damn thing.

In short, it was an action game where you took control of a tank that could travel to different planets and it had an overhead view. I don't remember much else so I come to you fellow gamers for help.

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT GAME? If so, I'd greatly appreciate your help so I can find the ROM afterwards, play it and revel in nostalgic happiness.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 12:37 AM       
www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/review/R58676.html+%22gameboy%22+tank+planets&hl=en&ie=UT F-8]cosmo tank[/url]? :/

-willie
Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 12:38 AM       
OKay, I've narrowed it down to a few:
Battle Unit Zeoth
Go! Go! Tank
Operation C

I hope this helps you, these were the only overhead tank games I could find.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 01:23 AM       
Okay I need some help with this too.

I played this game on Sega a long time ago. It was a 2d game. I remember that if you ran in one direction you would eventually wide up where you started. I also remember there being a flute that you got in the begining that you had to play to open doors. I can't really remember much more than that.

Good Luck
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 01:32 AM       
on "Sega" huh which "Sega" are yoiu talking about, that might help a little

-willie
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 01:42 AM       
It sounds like a Genesis RPG, but it's most likely an action-adventure because the Genesis had few RPGs (most that it had, though, ruled). Do you know what the perspective was? That would also help.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 01:53 AM       
Genesis and it was a side-scroller.

I've started downloading random Roms in order to find it... CUZ THATS GONNA WORK!
Asspunch McGruf
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 02:03 AM       
YES! That's it!
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 02:10 AM       
Well, I'm sorry we're not automatic.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 02:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger

I played this game on Sega a long time ago. It was a 2d game. I remember that if you ran in one direction you would eventually wide up where you started. I also remember there being a flute that you got in the begining that you had to play to open doors. I can't really remember much more than that.

Good Luck
Don't remember a SEGA game like that, but it sounds like SNES's Illusion Of Gaia.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 02:41 AM       
Nope Wrong. Try again. I know it was for Genesis, cuz thats all i had when I was younger.

It was only later that I got all my other systems.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 02:55 AM       
I'm sorry. I did a lot of looking, but I couldn't find a sidescroller for the Genesis with a flute. Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places or something, but I'm quite sorry. Hopefully someone else could help you.

Maybe it was one of the Ys games, though?
OH GOD
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 07:04 AM       
Wardner? :/

-willie
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:54 AM       
Zeoth was the one with the side-scrolling mech that looked all MACROSS-ish. Good times.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 10:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger

Good Luck
The game you're thinking of is called Wonderboy in Monster World, for the Genesis.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 10:58 PM       
Correct. Acually I found this last night. It turns out that Downloading random Roms works. Wow I never saw that coming. I barely remembered the game once I started playing. Weird, no?

I have been playing it all day long. Thanks for the help even thought I never got to use it.

Shoeless joe is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:57 PM       
Anyone ever play splatterhouse wapuki graffiti? It was on the NES but only in japan.
OH GOD
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 12:54 AM       
THATS NICE BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD

-willie