Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:51 AM        Red Dead Revolver
Now what can you call a game that has train chases, midget clowns, cajuns, indians, awesome music and a hellva lot of gun play?

You call it kickass. Rockstar games have managed to punch out another gem that keeps you entertain by the sheer brilliance of the game.

Graphics are a little on the weak side. This is for the X-Box version also. (to bad Gamecube doesn't get one. The controllers for GC and X-Box are a bit more similar then the PS2)
The in game movement is a bit like Resident evil, and has a few annoying bits while trying to sneak a shot around the side of a round boulder... instead of stopping and looking, you just continue inching your away along, until you plastered up against it, with 2 bandits with pistols smiling and plugging away at ya.

The music is brilliant. I have always loved the old spaggetti western type music. Which is why I loved Kill Bill, and now love this game. The better you do on a mission, the more cash you rake in, and more things you unlock.
You also have a dead eye "phase shift" thing, which puts the game into a matrix style slow mo, and allows you to target lock as many parts on the enemy body as you have ammo loaded, and then pull the trigger. Blasting away at them.
Weapon Upgrades, a story line, and many unlockable weapons, and a multiplayer brings you back again and again.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the quick draw aspect of the game. Again, the game goes slow, but your gun is now on your belt. With a flick of the joystick, you grab the gun, and it starts flashing upwards. The target turns from yellow to red when you have a clean, shot em dead, shot. Now, this might seem simple, but with multiple opponents, it can get a bit tricky. Seeing how you only have 2 seconds to get a red lock on the first, before having to switch to the 2nd enemy and get a red lock on them.

As always, rent the game before purchasing, some people will enjoy it, others won't.
But I did.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:34 PM       
One of my buddies bought it. It seemed like a pretty cool game. While he was playing we made fun of the short, blurry draw distance.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:37 PM       
It was a lot of fun. I liked it. But the levels were too short and way too small. Some levels where you switch to another character took a matter of seconds to beat and then you switch characters again. It never lets you really get into the story when you just wizz by everything. I also felt too confined playing it. If they could make a game like this that allowed you more room to explore in large enviroments then they'd have a real great game
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2004, 11:21 AM       
I really want to get this game.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2004, 11:45 AM       
You know why the graphics are crap and the game is short? Because it's a console game right now.

Wait until it comes out for PC. It will be a million times better.
drunkbrigade is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:19 AM       
I rented the game and it was pretty damn good. I liked the horse riding levels (kinda reminded me of that Old arcade game er..sunset riders I think its called). I got frustraited on the quick draw part for the 5000$. But all in all it was a kickass game.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:44 PM       
I was going to rent this game but it tunrs out our suscription to the video store has expired and we need a credit card to renew it on their new system. It really pissed me off
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2004, 07:20 PM       
You know what you have to do now. Get the gun.
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2004, 08:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkbrigade
I rented the game and it was pretty damn good. I liked the horse riding levels (kinda reminded me of that Old arcade game er..sunset riders I think its called). I got frustraited on the quick draw part for the 5000$. But all in all it was a kickass game.
Sunset Riders is a fantastic game

Someone play it with me on MAME
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2004, 09:05 PM       
blood brothers is like the best cowboy game round