Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:59 PM        Dreamcast Emulation
I just picked up a Dreamcast today, and I've been playing an old CD that adept_ninja gave me a while back with a bunch of SNES games on it. It works fine, although it's a little slow. I expected as much, but I'm still a little disappointed.

Anyway, my problem is I have no fucking clue how to burn any of the others. See, I have the Nero images for the programs (FrNES, GenDC, stuff like that) and the ROMs, but I don't know exactly what I have to do with them.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it seriously cross my heart.
...for breakfast?!
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:58 PM       
fuck you guys.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2005, 02:37 AM       
well see Schimid, I can help you but that requires getting in touch with a certain hermit friend of mine, which may prove a daunting quest. If you have the patience I can get back to you on this, as I have absolutely no clue how, but he does and I believe in fact has done so.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:48 AM       
www.dcemulation.com Can help you out with all your problems.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
...for breakfast?!
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:26 AM       
NO IT CAN'T I'VE BEEN THERE
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM       
You can just copy the games in your CD Burner, but you'll either need a modchip or a Boot Disc for your DC to make them work. Also, any burned games you make will be slow unless you get a special program to burn them backwards (by backwards I don't mean literally - DCs read CDs from the outside in unlike conventional CD drives, but in the same direction). This program will get the filesize of the ISO, find out how much space is left on the disc, and burn a bunch of junk onto the disc before the files in that remaining amount so the DC has a faster load time.

As for where to get a Boot Disc, I'd imagine the dcemu site you were just given would have an ISO for it. That one you can just burn normally and it should work in your DC. Also, most DC ISOs released near the end of the system's life had built-in boot discs (autoloaders).

Oh, also, just copying the games won't work if they're over 800mb. So there are special stripped releases of games like that. They used to be all over the internets, but I have no idea where to get them now. I do know I have a huge fucking stack of them at home though ;<
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:44 PM       
You could always get the "plain files" for the emulator and your folder of roms burn it with Nero and get a boot loader like DCHakker. Or you could just burn the self boot file and burn a sepreate disc with the roms with Nero. Turst me Schimid its not that hard.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.