Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:34 PM        KERRY IN A PICKLE **NOT FOX, NEWSMAX OR DRUDGE**
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...rticleid=29274

TV could pull plug on Hub convention

By Jack Meyers
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Uncertainty over whether Sen. John F. Kerry [related, bio] will accept the nomination at July's Democratic National Convention in Boston could scuttle television coverage of the bash.

``If you ever wanted to give the television networks a reason not to cover the convention, this would be the way,'' said one longtime Democratic activist, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

If this convention lacks even the spectator appeal of an acceptance speech, television executives might ``pull the plug'' on coverage, knowing they'd be spending a fortune to broadcast an event they will be unable to sell advertising for, the operative said.

``It does affect the fund raising. You're asking people to contribute to a non-event,'' he said. ``The city's gone through contortions to host this convention, and this pulls the rug out from under it.''

Mayor Thomas M. Menino, who led the charge to land the Democrats' convention in Boston, said he spoke with Kerry yesterday by telephone but received no apology for the confusion over whether the nominating convention will actually nominate anyone.

``He talked about the convention, some of the issues. He asked me how we're doing'' on fund raising, the mayor said. He said Kerry ``has brought to light a real flaw in the law'' that tilts the fund-raising edge toward whomever delays the nomination the longest.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy [related, bio] yesterday backed Kerry's consideration of a delayed nomination, saying, ``I imagine this will be decided in the next few days. I intend to support (Kerry's) decision.''

Out-of-state delegates coming to the FleetCenter in July said they strongly support Kerry's move to stay competitive with Bush financially, even if it means stalling the nomination.

``The issue is do the Republicans get another month to spend money'' without being under the cap, said Robert Tuke, a delegate from Tennessee. ``We have to keep our eye on the ball and focus on winning in November. Virtually every delegate I've spoken to is for it.''

Henry Yanez, a firefighter from Michigan and a convention delegate, said he supports ``whatever he has to do to counter the Bush money machine. I say go for it.''

Dick Harpootlian, a South Carolina delegate, agreed. ``To sacrifice five weeks of strategic political parity . . . is not worth giving up for an acceptance speech and 15 minutes on the news,'' he said.

What is this moron thinking?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:27 AM       
First of all, and I should have said this in the other thread too, congratulations on sourcing an actual newspaper. The Herald is the right wing pper here in my town, but it's deffinitely a Newspaper and while I don't like it as much as the globe, they follow basic journalistic guidelines.

Kerry is doing a lot to piss of the locals. Actually, it' not so much what he's doing as what he isn't. Contrary to popular belief the decision to shut down the city of Boston was not made by the DNC, it was made by th secret service, the ame folks who are leaving NYC up and running. But his Campaign has a decidely 'let them eat cake' attitude, advising commuters to 'just take the week off if you need to'. Unfortunately, most of us are not employed by the Kerry campaign.

I understand the inclination to fight the 'Bush Money Machine', but if this election is for sale it's over already. That's why we have one person, one vote instead of handing the presidency to the candidate who raises the most green.

Kerry's worst mistake is in making his concideration of the issue public, which means whatever he does, he's already lost ground. It's sad and frustrating tat he's doing such a bad job.

All of that being said, I think it's pretty clear who's a partisan flake, Nalds. I see the human being I'm voting for, and I know he's not the person I want, he's just the best person vailable to me. You see a heroic crusader running against terrorist sympathisers. And if that's not how you see it, you describe the two candidates for me.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:00 PM       
It's the heroic crusader running against the godless, slimeball traitor liberals, Max.
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:04 PM       
wow. he found one cedible news source. yay for ronnie!
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:42 AM       
Actually, I'm now forced to take that back. Today's Herald? Banner Headline, front page, huge ass font, "SEN FLIP-FLOP DOES IT AGAIN!".

For a humor magazine or a late night talk show there's nothing wrong with that. For the front page of a newspaper, to stick an op ed tag like that in a banner headline? That just says "Rag" to me.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
First of all, and I should have said this in the other thread too, congratulations on sourcing an actual newspaper. The Herald is the right wing pper here in my town, but it's deffinitely a Newspaper and while I don't like it as much as the globe, they follow basic journalistic guidelines.

Kerry is doing a lot to piss of the locals. Actually, it' not so much what he's doing as what he isn't. Contrary to popular belief the decision to shut down the city of Boston was not made by the DNC, it was made by th secret service, the ame folks who are leaving NYC up and running. But his Campaign has a decidely 'let them eat cake' attitude, advising commuters to 'just take the week off if you need to'. Unfortunately, most of us are not employed by the Kerry campaign.

I understand the inclination to fight the 'Bush Money Machine', but if this election is for sale it's over already. That's why we have one person, one vote instead of handing the presidency to the candidate who raises the most green.

Kerry's worst mistake is in making his concideration of the issue public, which means whatever he does, he's already lost ground. It's sad and frustrating tat he's doing such a bad job.

All of that being said, I think it's pretty clear who's a partisan flake, Nalds. I see the human being I'm voting for, and I know he's not the person I want, he's just the best person vailable to me. You see a heroic crusader running against terrorist sympathisers. And if that's not how you see it, you describe the two candidates for me.
Wow, a dumbfuck liberal tool likes a whiny liberal paper. Sky is still blue.
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM       
3/26/04 9:29 AM CST

Those Wacky Japanese.....