Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NightOfTheLivingDon is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 03:37 PM        I am Jack's sense of racial injustice.
I was tooling around YouTube because a friend of mine told me about a National Lampoon Lost Seinfeld episode which spliced clips of the show with Michael Richards' infamous racial tirade. It was pretty funny, but that's not what this post is about. While searching I came across something that hit me pretty hard. It's long (ten minutes plus) but please sit through the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXKNxaUd9U

Now, I'm guessing that the person who posted this did it to show that white people aren't the only racist ones. Thereby, in a sense, attempting to show the disparities between the public reaction of a white racist to that of a black one. I make this guess based on the video's discription, which read "Where's the media outcry about this!" That is not my purpose! The feeling I got after watching this was understanding of what the black community felt when Richards spouted off his diatribe. It put me, as an indiscriminate white man, on the butt end of racism. Of course, the discourse of our dear friend Kamau Kambon is much, much more scathing and bigotted (to impart the notion of a "solution" echoes, just a bit, of a previous jackass with a bad haircut and ill-advised facial hair). However, you can, by no means, discredit the actions of Richards simply because there are educated black men who feel the same way about whitey. The comments certainly made me mad. More like, mad as fucking hell, but the question that both this and the Richards incident both raise is: "Are you going to let this fill you with hatred, or are you going to stand true in your convictions?"

I'd like for anyone and everyone to share their thoughts on the video. I have yet to fully wrap my brain around this myself.

The funny thing is, if Jello Biafra said the same thing, I don't think I would have been offended.

I am Jack's hypocritical repercussion.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM       
fight club can suck my d*ck
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 04:11 PM       
The Character Jack was fucked in the head, like the Black guy in your video. Get a job, don't be racist and have a Steak once in a while. Fuck you very much
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 04:22 PM       
I saw this a long time ago and really it just made me feel empty inside and very sad for this man. The thing is though, as a tall blue eyed white kid in public school, I've been on the ass end of racism for most of my life. Eventually I got worried that maybe deep inside I'd become racist myself because of all the abuse. I'd get this cold wet feeling in the pit of my stomach when a large 'thug' looking black man would be walking towards me or standing in the vicinity. I came to realize that it wasn't hate I was feeling, it was just my body reverting back to a "Ok hang tight we're about to get fucked with" mindset. I'm over it now, it still happens sometimes, but what can you do. I think that's exactly whats going on with this man, and pretty much every racist person on the planet. They're either afraid, or they were taught to hate by someone that was afraid themselves. In fact, I used to work with a girl who was dating this hammerskin douchebag with all of these swastika tattoos. I asked her why she was doing it, and it turns out she used to be married to this middle eastern man, but he'd yell at her and smacked her around all the time and she had to run off. He took her kid and moved somewhere far far away. She said when she saw Hammerskin and heard him talk about these ideas she'd never heard before, this hate towards people of color, it got to her and she felt safe around him. I dug a little deeper, and it turns around Hammerskin got into this bullshit while he was in prison, and I'd bet a million bucks he didn't get into it because he felt it was righteous or a good idea, he did it because he was afraid of getting shanked or becoming a large black man's boyfriend.

Increase the peace.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM       
The thing is though, as a tall blue eyed white kid I've been on the ass end, Eventually I got worried that maybe deep inside,I'd get this cold wet feeling, it was just my body reverting back to a "Ok hang tight we're about to get fucked or becoming a large black man's boyfriend.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 05:05 PM       
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 11:14 PM       
White people are killing blacks with eletromagnetics hahaha